Chinese automatic headlight switch

Got the one above through today, perfect fit and function but sadly had a little damage so going to get it exchanged. I'll post some pics when all done.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but if you go from off to auto the unit makes one beep, from side lights to auto two beeps and from dips to auto three beeps. Anyone know what that's about?

• Like 1

Got the one above through today, perfect fit and function but sadly had a little damage so going to get it exchanged. I'll post some pics when all done.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but if you go from off to auto the unit makes one beep, from side lights to auto two beeps and from dips to auto three beeps. Anyone know what that's about?

263e5fa0a5d69abfd2856a278f417d37.jpg

Found this on a golf site not tried it don't know if it is the same as ours

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay, here's a couple of pics of the new switch fitted as per the link above, perfect fit and all working spot on.

20150919_183513_HDR_zps2unbposr.jpg

20150919_043703_HDR_zpsfljhzrdp.jpg

As you can see the green is a great match, the word auto is slightly brighter/lighter but I don't really notice it.

Switch looks good! Am I right in thinking that getting one allows you to have auto headlights and enable the coming home/leaving home in carista?

Would love to add Ch/Lh to my Octavia. Just had a 65 plate fabia for a week which had it and I'm missing this feature now I'm back with the Octy

Edited by ahenners

Auto headlights as long as you buy the first kit with the sensor included. I haven't got the coming home lights etc working with carista as yet, not sure what the issue is there

Auto headlights as long as you buy the first kit with the sensor included. I haven't got the coming home lights etc working with carista as yet, not sure what the issue is there

Ahh I see, thanks for the confirmation! :)

I haven't got the coming home lights etc working with carista as yet, not sure what the issue is there

Did you Enable coming home lights as well as choosing your light option?

The * shows the options I chose.

Coming-home lights

*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Coming-home lights mode

*MANUAL: FLASH HIGH BEAMS TO ACTIVATE* / AUTOMATIC: WHEN IT'S DARK (REQ. AUTO HEADLIGHTS)

Coming-home lights duration

5 SECONDS / 10 SECONDS / 15 SECONDS / *20 SECONDS* / 30 SECONDS / 40 SECONDS / 50 SECONDS / 60 SECONDS

This function only works with the ignition key out and perhaps only for a short time after turning off the ignition (20s?) too.

Not sure if the door has to be open as well.

I take out the key, open the door and flash the main beam. Dipped beam comes up slowly like the interior light.

I have since changes the duration to 30 s.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pikpilot did you fit a kit if so did you have to connect the indicators in some way. From the earlier Chinese instructions it looks like there is a wire to connect to get this function working. I've got it turned on but it's not activating.

Pikpilot did you fit a kit if so did you have to connect the indicators in some way. From the earlier Chinese instructions it looks like there is a wire to connect to get this function working. I've got it turned on but it's not activating.

No, on the facelift models with DRLs fitted everything is there as standard. It is just that Skoda did not activate them. And the dealers don't know how to either - I asked!

I used Carista primarily to activate the DRLs but at the same time other functions such as Coming Home lights and tear wipe on the wipers.

So no, I did not have a kit as I have not fitted an auto light switch. The advantage of auto headlights it that you don't have to flash the headlights as it already knows it is dark outside and you have switched off the engine and opened the door.

What model year is yours?

Edit: for anyone reading this thread for DRL activation, remember that the DRLs can be switched on and off using the indicator stalk. You can even do this before you activate the DRLs if you wish as you will still get a confirmation beep as you switch them on or off. See handbook for details or download the 2012 handbook from the pinned section above.

If they don't work you may have done everything right to activate the DRLs and forgotten the final step with the stalk.

Edited by pikpilot

It's a 2012. Auto lights are fully functioning but I can't get the coming home leaving home lights working either on manual or auto.

Do you get a confirmation beep when you turn on the DRL using the indicator stalk?

Not sure I get a beep but not sure I've tried to do it that way.

It is the final step for switching on the DRLs.

Here is what is printed in the driver's manual:

Deactivating the function daylight driving lights

– Pull the turn signal light lever towards the steering wheel within 3 seconds after switching on the ignition and at the same time, slide it to the bottom and hold it in this position for at least 3 seconds.

Activating the function daylight driving lights

– Pull the turn signal light lever towards the steering wheel within 3 seconds after switching on the ignition and at the same time, slide it towards the top and hold it in this position for at least 3 seconds.

On vehicles fitted with an information display, you can also activate or deactivate in the menu the function daylight driving lights.

I have an 06 plate Elegance with auto wipers (lump behind rear view mirror) but no auto lights or coming home function.

If I want the coming home function can I achieve this with Carista (free version)?  Will that only be the flash to activate option or fwull auto coming home?

If I went for the switch, this which would I need and is this the only way to get the full auto coming home function?  If yes, does the full auto coming home function require the switch to be in the auto mode so it is controlling the lights etc?

If I get the switch it sounds like I need to add a wire from it to somewhere?  Where is the destincation of this wire, how bigger job, what kind of connector at either end?

Regards

Tom

I have an 06 plate Elegance with auto wipers (lump behind rear view mirror) but no auto lights or coming home function.

If I want the coming home function can I achieve this with Carista (free version)? Will that only be the flash to activate option or fwull auto coming home?

If I went for the switch, this which would I need and is this the only way to get the full auto coming home function? If yes, does the full auto coming home function require the switch to be in the auto mode so it is controlling the lights etc?

If I get the switch it sounds like I need to add a wire from it to somewhere? Where is the destincation of this wire, how bigger job, what kind of connector at either end?

Regards

Tom

I did this on my car. I bought the proper switch from Tps (£50 ish?). I also had to fit a wire from the switch to the central electrics controller under the steering wheel. One repair is just long enough, but if I did it again I would join two together to give a bit more slack.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Before I fitted my auto light switch I had coming/leaving home activated.

From memory the leaving home would work automatically regardless of where the switch was but use the light sensor to determine if it was dark or not.

Coming home... I can't quite remember but think you had to leave the light switch on.

Since the car has the sensor I would fit the auto switch. I got my switch off ebay for less than £20 second hand.

If you disconnect the plug from the back of your switch and look at the wires. If your plug is full (no empty pins) then you already have the wire required. If there is a blank pin then you need a repair wire and wire into the central electric controller then activate with VCDS. Took me about 30 mins start to finish to do.

Phil

That's the same behaviour as mine Phil with no auto-light switch.

When I unlock the car, even if the light switch is off, it will turn the lights on if it's dark enough.

If I lock the car when the light switch is off, they stay off. If I leave the light switch on, if it's dark enough they stay on for the time specified on my maxidot.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone struggles with setting up the unit this may also be of some use

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/enjoy-shop/Fitting-Instruction.html?clk_rvr_id=977073363684&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F1%252F710-53481-19255-0%252F1%253Ftype%253D4%2526campid%253D5336827504%2526toolid%253D10001%2526afsrc%253D1%2526customid%253Dskim15702X725267X5eaf0f820c6f389f2f44ed8304d31d70%2526mpre%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fstores.ebay.co.uk%25252Fenjoy-shop%25252FFitting-Instruction.html%2526srcrot%253D710-53481-19255-0%2526rvr_id%253D977073363684

Main Features

1. The module operates two stages of lights based on the light condition around, with Panel

Lamps, Side and Tail Lamps and Headlight turned on, it is convenient and safe to drive

on the road late and at night.

2. Quick response automatic headlight functionality for tunnels.

3. Tunnel mode is added, headlights will automatic turn on immediately upon entering a dark

tunnel. You don’t need to wait and adapt to the dark condition as usual.

If you don’t want the tunnel mode, you can disconnect the jumper for it on the module. But the

head

lamps will response a bit slower to the brightness condition. Side light will not work until it meets

the light condition.

4. Adjustable mode for personal preference

For example, suppose it turns dark at 7pm, then the default auto light operation may be: auto side

light turns on at 6pm and auto head light on at 6:30pm according to the brightness environment. For

someone who would prefer to have the side light automatically turned on earlier maybe at 5:50pm,

you can set it up manually. And the module can remember your light condition.

Module has light intensity memory function. When Headlight switch is in AUTO and ignition on:

Setting for side light: AUTO-SIDE LIGHTS-AUTO-SIDE LIGHTS-AUTO (in 2 seconds), the

side light and headlight will flash one time. The kit restores the light sensitivity at this point. Setting

for headlight: AUTO-headlight-AUTO-headlight-AUTO, the side light and headlight will flash one

time.

5. It is easy to restore factory settings.

Setting: AUTO--0--AUTO--0—AUTO (in 2 seconds), the side light and headlight will flash one

time, done.

Reasons for failing the settings:

a. Switch position is not in ‘AUTO’ when getting started. (Solution: Turn to position in ‘AUTO’,

restart setting after 3 seconds.)

b. Failed to complete in 2 seconds.

c. The environment light is too dim at that moment for the side light setting. (The module decides

that side light comes earlier than headlight, there is interval between them. If side light is turned on

later than required, then this will lead to instability in lighting of the module. Thus side light setting is

to fail when light is too dim.

6. Coming Home Function: switch on the headlight at evening, then turn off the car, side

and tail lamps will keep lighting for 20 seconds. If you don’t want this function, just

remove the jumper for coming/leaving home function on the module.

7. Leaving Home Function: Connect the jumper to turn signal light, remote to unlock the

car at evening, fog lamp, the side light and tail lamp will keep lighting for 20 seconds

Remark:

1. Coming/Leaving Home Function

Coming Home Function: When car light is on and ignition off, coming home light is activated, there

is notice saying light is not turned off when you are about to get off the car. Please just let it be, as

the coming home light will turn off automatically after lighting for 20 seconds.

Leaving Home Function: remote to unlock the car, the turn signal light will flash twice. At the same

time, the leaving home light will be activated and last for 20 seconds.

2. Tunnel Mode:

When the car gets into tunnel or basement within the recorded light condition, the auto headlight will

turn on in 1 second.

When the car gets out and the light condition is good, the auto headlight will turn off after 6 seconds.

3. On the delay in operation.

There is 10 seconds’ delay before light starts to function after plug in the key and turn to position

‘2’. This is to help save the service life of the battery. It is better to turn on ignition after your car

finishes self-check.

4. The original switch in the car is the mechanical switch with contactor inside, and the

current of the lights go through the switch. This switch uses a replay to take the current.

So the module will become hot on the surface after working some time as the replay heats.

It is normal. Please do not worry about it. The module case is made of flame retardant

and heat-resistant material.

I've just installed mine and when I turn on the ignition and put it on auto the main beam stays on but even tho I've got auto wipers and rear view mirror. Does it mean that I have to get the car coded

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'll also chime in here with a question. I've got a 2005 octavia mk2 with rain sensor (which is garbage, dunno if its by design or not) and I'd liek to add the auto light switch however my car has Scandinavian mode activated with it being an import from Finland. How would this affect the auto light functionality? Lights must be on 24/7 here however the internal lighting is not on until I turn the switch. Would auto lights just work in the same way where my headlights are on and instrument panel unlit until the sun sets?

I have scandanavian mode activated on my scout, the only difference is I have it set to use the fog lights at 50%. The Scandanavian lights are on during the day with no dash illumination (I'd actually quite like the dash illumination on permanently) and when the light senser decides its dark enough the fogs go off and the headlights come on (Side and rear lights on permanently) accompanied by the dash illumination coming on and the columbus nav switching to night time map colours and the fogs becoming cornering lights. So yes should work exactly as you anticipate.

I would also assume that even though it is imported from Finland, someone with VCDS would be able to code the scandanavian mode out or switch it to use the fogs instead of headlights if required.