Big Skoda Road Trip 2016 ?

BossFox

goRt, Get a Sanef toll token from here: https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/

They cost but it means everytime you go through a toll booth you can drive through them without getting out of your car. Also they only charge you the tolls you go through not the token it's self (but don't question me on that because I am not too sure).

BossFox, I have a few questions:

- Would we eat altogether on the trip or would we go to separate cafes and bars to have our own meals?

- Does it matter what engine size we would take on the trip? I was going to take my 1.2 HTP 2006 Fabia, However my brother has his 1.9TD Fabia from around 2009. What would you recommend?

- I guess tools are essential! :D

- How do we get accross the channel, Would we be all together on the same shuttle? I have done it with my family several times and we have sometimes been separated on the shuttle (trian).

- Do we pay our ways (bit of a stupid question, I guess, yes!)

Kangaroo

I've got one of those but they don't work in Italy, there are a lot of tolls on Italy e tried several of then more than once just to see if my times for running round the car in 38 degrees improved - they didn't!

Do the economy version (Top Gear Challenge Style). Buy a Skoda estate car for a £500 budget, fire tools in back, take back seats out etc and sleep in it, then sell it when back with 2 or 3000 more on the clock. Get a bargain one and might go some way towards fuel if you can sell it on for more. [emoji106]

There's another tour running for 600 cars.

One of the GT-Rs is still in Switzerland awaiting parts!

Only heard about this today. I'd definitely be up for it! I'd also be looking for a second driver if skippy wasn't able to come. Too many things to save money for now!!

• Like 2

Girlfriend has said she's up for this, date depending we may be going.

My SWMBO said she could be cajoled if another girlie goes along so she's not on her own  :thumbup:

And it's about time the Superb had a proper leg stretch.

Will be dependent on the dates set due to other commitments, but I'd like to toddle along if we can make it.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any update on this Richard?

I have found out today that my step daughters, friends, sister ( :D ) is something like the operations manager at Škoda and can help with organising trips etc.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on this Richard?

I have found out today that my step daughters, friends, sister ( :D ) is something like the operations manager at Škoda and can help with organising trips etc....

That'd be good, get a few waves as we go past a certain location :D

Knock knock. Looked into this any further yet Richard?

• 5 months later...