500+mile tank range possible in Citigo?

Citigouk

Have you thought about lifting the rear car and giving it a shake to get all the fuel to the front?  :giggle:

Fred

nah

eat plenty of baked beans, cauli and sprouts

bit of wind assist will help,

not sure if the passengers would like to be in the car if the windows failed  :)

• Like 1

So really there are two debates here:

a) does the citigo/up/mii really come with 35litre tank?

B) is 500miles possible from one fill up?

My experience on driving the wife's Citigo ASG for the last month is that I already knew the citigo tank size is more than the stated 35litres (there is a wonder if ours has been built with no UK fuel tank!?), as my last fill up was nearly 43litres..... yes you have to give it some patience on filling up and the weather not too hot.

My last 4 refills have been:

477.60miles from 41.40 litres

472.10miles from 39.47 litres

491.70miles from 42.60 litres

498.60miles from 42.98 litres

http://www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/citigo/2014/zorrosmart/284663

IMG_6993_zpskds9oqbl.jpg

IMG_6994_zpsdnfmzsti.jpg

The driving was a mixture of urban (standstill A13! commuter traffic) and motorways (65-75mph) in ASG citigo.

The question is can 500miles be possible from the Citigo??? I'm getting close

I think if your getting in excess of 480 miles then you are doing well, but the more interesting stat for me is how much fuel your putting in to achieve that range?

As you will see from my fill-ups the citigo (mine being ASG) isn't blessed with 35 litre tank and we can cater for circa 43 litres.

On the note of a Ford being discussed above........... Ford make very good hire cars! If you must have one (the 1.0 turbo engine is rather good) then please lease!

check out this link for something which is the monthly price of a family meal out http://www.smartlease.co.uk/car-leasing-ford-fiesta-zetec-s-ecoboost-black-edition.html 

Back to fuel economy.......... 

Wow. my average is 32l a fillup. I wasn't suspecting anything like another 8 litres lying around. You must be going down below 000 range regularly? what point do you decide its time to refuel?

Wow. my average is 32l a fillup. I wasn't suspecting anything like another 8 litres lying around. You must be going down below 000 range regularly? what point do you decide its time to refuel?

I got down to 10 miles on my first tank and there was still 1.5L left in the normal tank before the 4L emergency!

Filled up today with 452 miles on the clock and 10 miles on the range; very disappointed. It took 35.2 litres to fill up which equates to 58.3mpg; I'm not unhappy with that but I'm going back to driving using a few more revs, it seemed to be more economical that way. And certainly more fun!

• Like 2

Only on the 498 range did I go to 000 range, otherwise its normally 10 miles fuel range. Do also remember guys that we have the ASG, so automatic and thus your manual models should be better on longer runs as you have much taller ratio's.....

As I said, we can get 40+ litres in since day one, look at our fuelly.......... maybe a larger tank is available is other markets? and we got a mis-build as we waited 22 weeks for our citigo after ordering.

According to the VW Brazil website, the Up! has a 50 litre tank. They also get the 1.0 TSi engine on some models.

Remember though the Up! is larger in size due to the Brazilian market (wider to fit 3 rear seats in), it's also taller due to poor roads

Remember though the Up! is larger in size due to the Brazilian market (wider to fit 3 rear seats in), it's also taller due to poor roads

Nah! I compared the dimensions stated in the UK and Brazilian brochures.

Same wheelbase and width. Brazilian Up! is 11mm taller (probably longer springs) and 60mm longer (has a deeper front bumper to accommodate a thicker radiator core for the TSi engine).

F**k all in it. It's essentially the same car.

Edited by ronime
  • Like 1

Nah! I compared the dimensions stated in the UK and Brazilian brochures.

Same wheelbase and width. Brazilian Up! is 11mm taller (probably longer springs) and 60mm longer (has a deeper front bumper to accommodate a thicker radiator core for the TSi engine).

F**k all in it. It's essentially the same car.

Thyago drop_down.png 

1_star_rating.png 

thanks.png Thanks(0) 

quote.png Quote  reply.pngReplybullet.png Posted: 14 May 2014 at 5:33am
4- Thanks

quote_box.png Cadfael wrote:

Hi Thyago,

Welcome to our forum!

Two new Brazilian up!s drivers within one day ... smiley20.gif

It is surely easier to make phantastic looking photos in surrounding than in the German Ruhrgebiet or in Manchester ... smiley2.gif

More photos! smiley1.gif

The Brazilian rear windows and the mirror indicators are interesting for us! One of the reasons why I ordered a German 5 doors are the smaller rear windows of the European 3 door. 

As I already wrote in another thread ...

It's funny that Brazil doesn't offer the "cup up!" (like in Germany). We have Pele on German TV every day advertising the VW "cup" models. I wish Brazil a peaceful, happy, exciting and successful world cup (and that the FIFA hasn't harmed your football fans and country too much!) ...

Thank you so much, i will put some photos soon.

The rear windows are a little bigger than the europen version which I prefer, the car is 65mm longer than the european one, and haslarger tank (50l) because here our cars are flex, they run with gas and ethanol, which has less autonomy, but in gas the up have 75hp in ethanol 82hp

The up! was recently launched, we have the take up!, move up! (mine), high up!, Black, White and Red up! so we dont have special version yet but I would like to see the car in this version, it would be interesting.

New I'd read it somewhere, I think your right about size so apologies, I've highlighted in bold an explanation from a Brazilian person the reason for a larger fuel tank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, we're back on the trail of the 500 mile tank; range (425) plus mileage completed (105) is currently 530 and the needle has yet to move off full. I know that I need to have somewhere in the region of 320 miles covered before it gets down to half a tank to have a chance of making 500. The downside is that I have a motorway run to complete on Friday and I just know that this will severely affect the consumption figure, unless I can limit myself to 60mph (which I know I cannot!).

Didn't happen (again); got stuck in 5pm traffic in Leeds and a speedy motorway trip saw to that.

Always the way!!

I commuted on a motorbike for a couple of years, and I tried loads to ride economically to see what I could get out of a tank (18L), I never managed it, always came up to a car going too slowly, overtake and all of a sudden I was giving it some beans again!!

Also back on post, I've still to get 400 miles out of a tank,

I managed 530 last month, but i cheated. I added just 1 gallon from my lawn mower jerry can rather than leave it to go stale in the shed all winter.

At least it shows you don't need to squeeze too much out of the "000 left" range to make the difference.