The Superb III Picture thread

2 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

Oooooo! Nearly 380hp sounds  like serious fun but tbh i think anything over 350hp is going to make a big difference.

The big difference I noticed was that peak torque dropped from almost 4,500rpm when standard (369nm)  to just 2,800rpm after the remap (514nm) therefore you get a much bigger push from low revs with the standard IS38 turbo (which is known for being a bit slow to respond at low revs) and maximum power is still delivered close to 6,000rpm so you still have to rev the engine for maximum performance. In gear response is much stronger at lower revs as a result and as soon as you brush the throttle you can feel the difference.:biggrin:

20 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

The big difference I noticed was that peak torque dropped from almost 4,500rpm when standard (369nm)  to just 2,800rpm after the remap (514nm) therefore you get a much bigger push from low revs with the standard IS38 turbo (which is known for being a bit slow to respond at low revs) and maximum power is still delivered close to 6,000rpm so you still have to rev the engine for maximum performance. In gear response is much stronger at lower revs as a result and as soon as you brush the throttle you can feel the difference.:biggrin:

You're selling it to me quite well :D is it apr or revo?

2 hours ago, Essexben said:

I’ve got 66 plate superb 150 sportline with a remap what sort of figures would I be hoping to achieve

I had a Revo map on a 150 TDI Leon FR (same engine).  Great it was too.  IIRC mine was running ~190bhp and ~420Nm. Much more poke over stock and you can stay on the revs a little bit more without running out of puff and needing to be on the gears.   I do like the standard 150 TDI though as power is available from little revs and it has a nice linear power delivery without having to wait for the turbo to spool up and propel you. I felt that the remap retained the stock feel of the power delivery but just amplified it quite a bit, though as mentioned the power didn't drop off as much with the remap, as you got towards 3-4K revs. 

I've had a few Revo maps on TDI's in various guises and they've all been excellent in terms of improved drivability and reliability. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

No custom remap from AmD in Grays, Essex. The top ECU magic man there is Ben if you google their website. Not cheap at £500 but you can pay just £50 deposit and then the balance interest free over 12 months. I got a 10% discount because of my previous business with them. Good luck with your decision they have a 750bhp rolling road for before and after laminated print outs.:wait:

• Like 1

On 12/03/2020 at 15:24, Raymundo91 said:

Come and have a shifty in mine. Im only at jnct 1 of the m18. 

I was out and about with the mrs this afternoon, and I gave it some welly.

5 seconds later she said 'Errrrrrrrrr  - I feel sick'

lol

Here's a snap of what's fitted to mine....

JSK-121-BK-5-WEB.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bigeater said:

lol

JSK-121-BK-5-WEB.jpg

That looks like a picture of a Golf GTi not a Skoda Superb 280?

37 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That looks like a picture of a Golf GTi not a Skoda Superb 280?

You're quite right. I don't possess a camera phone. I would rather invest the money in my motor. :)

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2020 at 21:21, Bigeater said:

lol

JSK-121-BK-5-WEB.jpg

You're literally 10mins from me! :D i'm just off j2 of the m18 

On 16/03/2020 at 14:35, shyVRS245 said:

Quick clean of the beast as it was nice and 🌞 sunny for a change.

BE067E9A-188C-465F-BF14-C401C75510D5.jpeg

Good of you to post your number plate. Now the police can put a name to your boasting on this site

12 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

Just had to have 4 new tyres and a full set of discs and pads on my 280!! :sweat: Hopefully made the right choice with the Michelin Pilot sport 4 as well :D 

Doh,  I was just about to advertise 4x Michelin PS4's.  A few months usage and 7mm on each tyre. 

Great tyres, they will really make the front end feel that little more sharper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Doh,  I was just about to advertise 4x Michelin PS4's.  A few months usage and 7mm on each tyre. 

They were cheaper than the p7's that come on the car and heard good things. Looking forward to summer so i can go driving in the north yorks dales! Need to test them on a launch :D

48 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

What size are they? 235/40R19 or similar and what sort of price are you looking for? PM me I might buy them as spares.

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

What size are they? 235/40R19 or similar and what sort of price are you looking for? PM me I might buy them as spares.

Enough to subsidise a new set in a different size 😀 

I’ll get some pics sorted and let you know :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

On 09/03/2020 at 21:45, dpriestley said:

Yeah, I’m not fussed with factory nav, if I can connect my iPhone with Smartlink, then, that’ll do me. It also means I won’t have to drill a hole in the roof, and start running cables in the car. 

I’ll do a bit of research and see if there’s any other benefit, apart, from the nav, that would sway me to an Amundsen unit. 

15 hours ago, facet edge said:

Good of you to post your number plate. Now the police can put a name to your boasting on this site

13 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Enough to subsidise a new set in a different size 😀 

I’ll get some pics sorted and let you know :thumbup:

if they were 235/45/18 s I would be interested but looks like the sport line alloys from your pics so I guess they are the 40/19 s

why are you after a different size? Are you changing alloys?

2 minutes ago, LS8Pilot said:

if they were 235/45/18 s I would be interested but looks like the sport line alloys from your pics so I guess they are the 40/19 s

why are you after a different size? Are you changing alloys?

He may be buying a 2018 Golf R estate so different wheel sizes compared to the Superb.

16 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

He may be buying a 2018 Golf R estate so different wheel sizes compared to the Superb.

Ah

That would explain it.

Mind you I was reading on the forums someone who moved to a Superb 3 288hp as his Golf R had been nicked off the drive having broken into his house to get the keys so he wanted less of a theft magnet.

was well pleased by the Superb !

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Mine are 235/40/19s they were £164 per tyre but 10% when you buy 2. Costco are very cheap for tyres