The Superb III Picture thread

On 01/10/2020 at 23:03, elfensin said:

Only did 500 kilometers in last two months due to the lockdown. Need to do a road trip ASA the lockdown is lifted.

DSC03553.thumb.jpg.212d36b47ff658ef571e7d69a41c1a1f.jpg

DSC03571.thumb.jpg.33ac258c94bd957df2aa5fb461c01606.jpg

DSC03575.thumb.jpg.110b418d8828178e59bca2fe3e665d05.jpg

Looks fantastic! Where did you get the side skirts from and how much? I’m also in VIC.

2 hours ago, New2018 said:

Looks fantastic! Where did you get the side skirts from and how much? I’m also in VIC.

I found them on Taobao, a Chinese online shopping website, priced at about 120 bucks. Shipped to oz by sea freight, cost me 60 bucks I think. Had them painted and fit locally, cost me 600 bucks.

So basically the side skirts themself are not expensive, but you need to find someone know Chinese to place the order for you.

BTW, since you are in VIC too, where did you have virtual cockpit retrofited and how much? 

4 hours ago, elfensin said:

I found them on Taobao, a Chinese online shopping website, priced at about 120 bucks. Shipped to oz by sea freight, cost me 60 bucks I think. Had them painted and fit locally, cost me 600 bucks.

So basically the side skirts themself are not expensive, but you need to find someone know Chinese to place the order for you.

BTW, since you are in VIC too, where did you have virtual cockpit retrofited and how much? 

Thanks that’s a great price. I would have jumped on it if I knew someone to do the order.  

Installation I recommended UGP great team and very knowledgeable. I saw a recent post where it’s been sold for $800 from AliExpress. 

4 hours ago, Darrenbvrs said:

Quick clean yesterday

IMG_20201013_152303.jpg

Any details on the side skirts and front splitter? Where did you get them? Any more pics - particularly of the side skirt? I had the Meteor Grey on my last car - Octy Vrs - fantastic colour. Looks great on the Superb as well. Gone with the Sport Blue on the new Superb. Colour coded badges and mud flaps on their way from SuperSkoda. But I think the car is crying out for a side skirt. 

1 hour ago, AJAMESR said:

Any details on the side skirts and front splitter? Where did you get them? Any more pics - particularly of the side skirt? I had the Meteor Grey on my last car - Octy Vrs - fantastic colour. Looks great on the Superb as well. Gone with the Sport Blue on the new Superb. Colour coded badges and mud flaps on their way from SuperSkoda. But I think the car is crying out for a side skirt. 

I went the opposite to you. Had a sport blue Octy Vrs and changed for Meteor Grey in Superb  🤣

I agree the side skirts look great. Maxton Design is the company I got them from. If you're not in a hurry for them, they usually do a 20% off sale on black Friday (end of November).

There are some more pics on page 33 of the superb 3 owners page but here's one of the skirts

DSC_0838.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

@eurotripwagen Nice 2nd pic! What is your personal best on the Nordschleife with your Mk3?

I don't track this car on a regular basis and I don't recommend timing your laps in a Superb. Nürburgring is great for fun laps with friends and family, but you don't need to really send it. Just be responsible and enjoy the road, stare at faster cars while they're flying past you. Stay on the right side when you see serious ring tools in your rear view mirror. Turn on your right blinker to indicate that you're ready to be overtaken. Of course you can take a racing line when there's no traffic in sight, but stay reasonable, don't hit the curbs. And be aware of the iconic blind corners and other little things Nordschleife is famous for. Every time you hit the apex on any of two carousels, you get +1 rattle.

@eurotripwagenSorry, my question was too fuzzy... Of course a Superb Mk3 is not meant for raceways... I was just curious of what rough time could be achieved on a lap, just to assess how this "sleeper" could surprise some other drivers... ;) 

9 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

@eurotripwagenSorry, my question was too fuzzy... Of course a Superb Mk3 is not meant for raceways... I was just curious of what rough time could be achieved on a lap, just to assess how this "sleeper" could surprise some other drivers... ;) 

I would be surprised if it shows BTG time below 9 minutes. 

Just to stay in the topic, here goes another angle.

racetracker_11129749_163845.thumb.jpg.a7fb0031d2b23d0a56c1dd1a154ce586.jpg

• Like 3