The Superb III Picture thread

People getting 70+ mpg is fairly miserly 😁

all jokes aside, I think I got 60mpg once but get nowhere near some of the figures quoted by some here. 🤷🏻‍♂️

504697A2-BF0D-4032-9B51-0C5E59808AD2.jpeg

"Nice trip upto Scotland last week! 1200miles and never skipped a beat! Managed to get nearly 500 miles to a tank which i'm well happy with!"

Could you do that in one of those new fangled electric things ? You know, those that only go to the end of the avenue and need a top up re charge :)

Edited by Paul007
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Paul007 said:

"Nice trip upto Scotland last week! 1200miles and never skipped a beat! Managed to get nearly 500 miles to a tank which i'm well happy with!"

Could you do that in one of those new fangled electric things ? You know, those that only go to the end of the avenue and need a top up re charge :)

i reckon you could, if you stop every 10 mins for a recharge or you have a solar farm hooked onto the back of it :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tricky1138 said:

They look great. Did a similar drive out a few year back in a MR2. Great driving roads. 

Yeah i did enjoy the driving up there! I was expecting it to be a lot busier but it was quiet. Weather was brill as well. I will be returning and going for longer. Hopefully take the car again

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, chrisluciofg said:

very tidy. how did you mount the front plate ?

3M ppf which was created from the plate, then lots of double sided tape. I came up with the idea to use ppf to try prevent potential damage to the paint from using double sided tape

6 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@SuperbSEL & @defiant Funny plate numbers... ;) I guess it is possible to chose the number in your country. Lucky you!

@defiant The Supernova really suit good to your Mk3! :thumbup: I don't understand why these rims are so rare...

Yeah, though the plates are quite expensive here unfortunately

Agreed, the supernovas look great

Edited by Guest

Just recently bought this SE-L Executive Tdi. Petrol blue with beige interior. Not quite got all of the extras I'd have chosen new, but I knew I wanted that colour combo and this one happened to be for sale less than 10 miles from home.

This is my first Skoda and I'm a big fan of it. I think they look great, in a really understated way and are lovely place to be. Also as someone who is a bit overgrown, this is the first time that I've ever been able to. Comfortably carry passengers behind the drivers seat.

Ave thing, I suspect it'll be a car I'll run for year, until we know what the future is for fossil fuels. 

DS17EDU-used-SKODA-SUPERB-DIESEL-HATCHBACK-2.0-TDI-CR-SE-L-Executive-5dr-diesel-BLUE-2017-DC1-HH-M-01.jpg

• Like 4

Looks very much like Pacific Blue to me which was the default free colour in 2017. Officially a flat colour, however always looked metallic to me. IMO a darker and much nicer and mature colour than the bright light blue Petrol Blue metallic. And far far nicer than the obnoxious free Energy Blue on recent models.

Pty they did away with Pacific Blue, one of my favourites if not my actual favourite.

Check the colour code on the PR code list on the sticker in the boot well, maybe also attached in your user manual.

Hard to tell from a photo but it looks nothing like my Pacific Blue vehicle colour.

I would prefer that colour.

46 minutes ago, xman said:

Looks very much like Pacific Blue to me which was the default free colour in 2017. Officially a flat colour, however always looked metallic to me. IMO a darker and much nicer and mature colour than the bright light blue Petrol Blue metallic. And far far nicer than the obnoxious free Energy Blue on recent models. Looks quite green in sunlight, but I'll double check. 

Pty they did away with Pacific Blue, one of my favourites if not my actual favourite.

Check the colour code on the PR code list on the sticker in the boot well, maybe also attached in your user manual.

I'm not sure, I'll check the code tomorrow. I know one of the optional extras was circa £900 for paint, so I'd assume that makes it one of metallic options, which lead me to assume petrol blue. 

It looks quite green in some lights, whichever it is I really like the colour. Fancied something different from the usual grey, silver, white or black. 

3 hours ago, Foody said:

Just recently bought this SE-L Executive Tdi. Petrol blue with beige interior. Not quite got all of the extras I'd have chosen new, but I knew I wanted that colour combo and this one happened to be for sale less than 10 miles from home.

This is my first Skoda and I'm a big fan of it. I think they look great, in a really understated way and are lovely place to be. Also as someone who is a bit overgrown, this is the first time that I've ever been able to. Comfortably carry passengers behind the drivers seat.

Ave thing, I suspect it'll be a car I'll run for year, until we know what the future is for fossil fuels. 

Superb by name, Superb by nature.  

I'm on my second (lease) Superb, and I love the model.  So many options included for the price, and the quality is excellent.  I went metallic black for the first, and corrida red for the second (making a statement/standing out).  After nearly 4 years, I've not seen a single other red Superb in or around Worcester!

I've got to choose another one soon when this lease runs out, and despite scouring the available choices, I think I'll probably end up with another Superb.