The Superb III Picture thread

1 hour ago, mike21sport said:

where did have that fitted, front bumper, higher ? Sills ? Thinking down the same lines 

It was the whole front, bumper, lights, bonnet, front area of roof, outside mirrors, windshield frame, those black glossy door pillars, under mudguards.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ND1 said:

It was the whole front, bumper, lights, bonnet, front area of roof, outside mirrors, windshield frame, those black glossy door pillars, under mudguards.

Blimey, that's a lot. Covered the lights, I wonder how it affects the headlamps (refractive index of the film)  I have matrix LEDs fine tuned optics ?

Front area of the roof, can you see the seam ? 

15 hours ago, ND1 said:

I know nothing about refractive index of Kavaca film, but I don't see any changes in light beam.

Seam is almost invisible. 

If it works it works, car looks GREAT !

On 09/12/2021 at 13:18, dohboy78 said:

Yep agree with that... you got a pic with spacers? Which ones did you use??

page 133 on this thread you'll see my Red Superb. it's a couple posts up from the bottom

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FTTNope said:

That looks amazing! I wish that colour was available in Australia 🤤

This is quite strange as this colour is not available officially in Poland - it's only valid in case of Czech's configurator. But - during the ordering process you can ask for a colour from CZ :) I have no clue with it's not posted officially but it's doable :) I really love it. We have just 3 such Superbs in Poland.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, skylineguv said:

So, almost 5 months into ownership, and I'm still really liking the Superb. Went down the road of lowering, with Eibach Pro-Kit, a few weeks back, and that pushed me to either buy some spacers as a temporary solution, or finally make my mind up on some wheels.

Read as much as I could on sizing and offsets, but still needed to take an educated guess/leap of faith.
Straying from my Japanese wheel roots, I ended up going with Judd Model One, 20x9.5 et40, in Gloss Gunmetal (would have done Brushed Titanium if they were in stock).
Tyres are Michelin PS4S, 255/35r20 in size. Yes, I know that's a little larger than stock OD, but it was a deliberate choice to maintain some sidewall.

No rubbing so far, thankfully. Outside pics are with the stock wheels/tyres loaded in the back, hence why it sits a little lower in those pics.
Will try and get some better pics sometime over the next week or so.

Skoda - new wheels 1.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 2.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 3.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 4.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 6.JPG

Skoda - new wheels 8.JPG

Very nice indeed. No issues clearing brake calipers or inside of rims touching suspension as that’s pretty wide rims you’re running. 

Also are you running a camber on the rears as that tear shot the rear looks to be cambered compared to the front. 

Edited by Donweather

11 hours ago, Donweather said:

Very nice indeed. No issues clearing brake calipers or inside of rims touching suspension as that’s pretty wide rims you’re running. 

Also are you running a camber on the rears as that tear shot the rear looks to be cambered compared to the front. 

It's fairly close, with maybe around 10mm or so between front wheel and the strut, but nothing that would concern me. In the rear, again, close but not too bad with the shock...closest thing is the liner, but even that seems to be ok.
Haven't had an alignment yet...will do after I get a few more km's on the springs and new wheels/tyres. But otherwise, no negative camber deliberately dialed in over and above that which may be present from lowering.

6 hours ago, elfensin said:

Is it a MK8 GTI on the side? The red rims look good too!

Yes, a Dolphin Grey Mk8 GTi. We kept the wheels from a previous car back in Canada and shipped them over here with our belongings to Bahrain. Got the GTi and decided to give them a try.
Now these really are a tight fit at 19x9.5, +45 offset, but nothing touching or rubbing so far!