East Anglian Meet - Duxford, 23rd November

Stimps

Ok - meet is planned at Duxford for the 23rd November.

Schedule for the day still to be finalised, but probably something along the lines of:

* Meet in carpark somewhere - chat and admiration of cars :)

* Go into Duxford itself and tour the exhibition

* Meet later outside; those who wish to can then go and have a drive somewhere.... (anyone want to sort this bit?)

Also - food. Will we eat inside or find somewhere else? Any suggestions?

The website has this to say about facilities:

During your visit enjoy a relaxing break in one of our three Cafes; The Runway Restaurant serves hot and cold meals. Alternatively you can pop into The Coffee Shop or Cafe Duxford both of which serve cold food and drinks.

Originally posted by Real Skoda in this post

Is this open to all people off this board or would people object to my attendance?

See this thread for the answer to the second part of your question... :(

:D

We will be taking mother-in-law back to Yorkshire that weekend after a week's stay so I am not sure I can make the Sunday. OTOH what an excellent excuse to get rid of her a day early! Will report back soonest since that

Birmingham (M6 J6) to Duxford (M11 J10) is 101 miles. Route is M6 - A14 - M11. Couldn't be simpler. 2 hours would be distinctly pessimistic for that journey on a Sunday, even sticking to the 70mph limit!

I am definitely able to attend the Meet on 23rd November. Members who are attending may like to mark the occasion by taking photos of me standing in front of this Shackleton which I used to fly from RAF Luqa in Malta and from RAF Ballykelly in Northern Ireland! :cool:

Grump, grump!! :mad:

I have been promising myself a visit to Duxford museum for years - and this had to happen on that particular Sunday, of all days! I will be embarking on a major system upgrade that day, cutting over some time between 2am and 6am on Monday. Grrrrrrr !

Oh well, enjoy, all of you :)

Originally posted by DGW in this post

Members who are attending may like to mark the occasion by taking photos of me standing in front of this Shackleton which I used to fly from RAF Luqa in Malta and from RAF Ballykelly in Northern Ireland! :cool:

Well that is very decent of you Denis...............I'm sure most members of Briskoda would love to have a photo of you ;)

PS How much do you charge ?:rofl: :rofl: