VCDS options on Superb III

4 hours ago, skodasuperb2018 said:

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me, i have a problem with adaptive lane guidance:

Every time when i start my car, I have to turn on "adaptive lane guidance"  on the Columbus menu each time. 

It seems like, its not saving the settings on columbus. Any solution for this?

Have u checked your "Personalization" settings?

Which Driver Assists are automatically turned on (startup) can be determined by the personalization settings, which is in turn assigned to a key.

Assuming u have KESSY.....

Edited by JR RS

Assuming u have KESSY.....

You don't need KESSY for personalisation - I've got it on my SE L Exec. No KESSY.

It is in the options - read the manual?

3 hours ago, rtj70 said:

You don't need KESSY for personalisation - I've got it on my SE L Exec. No KESSY.

It is in the options - read the manual?

Noted.

it's in the manual - under "personalization".

just like radio stations, seat positions, ambient lighting, etc etc, the driver assists settings are stored for each user.

as long as the feature is turned on, and the key is assigned to a user, the car will remember the setting each time u hope in.

for example, i have the driver assists (like Front Assist, Lane Assist) turned on when i hope in the car, but when my wife hops in, they are deactivated, cause she doesn't like it.

5b397c2856cfd_driverassists.thumb.jpg.ce32843d38b35771c6089efe10204791.jpg

the image below, from the user manual, shows wat settings are affected by pesonalization, including the "Assistance systems".

5b397982a6703_personalizationoptions.thumb.png.2f4cad7fb3ec5c98e923e9d928c521af.png

Edited by JR RS

3 hours ago, JR RS said:

Noted.

it's in the manual - under "personalization".

just like radio stations, seat positions, ambient lighting, etc etc, the driver assists settings are stored for each user.

as long as the feature is turned on, and the key is assigned to a user, the car will remember the setting each time u hope in.

for example, i have the driver assists (like Front Assist, Lane Assist) turned on when i hope in the car, but when my wife hops in, they are deactivated, cause she doesn't like it.

5b397c2856cfd_driverassists.thumb.jpg.ce32843d38b35771c6089efe10204791.jpg

the image below, from the user manual, shows wat settings are affected by pesonalization, including the "Assistance systems".

5b397982a6703_personalizationoptions.thumb.png.2f4cad7fb3ec5c98e923e9d928c521af.png

My problem is when i turn off the car and start again: the adaptive lane guidance box unchecked each time. Without using kessy.. So its not a setting in Kessy, but something else. 

It seems like, its not saving the settings on columbus. 

I have activate the Lane assist with this VCDS code: https://www.ascoding.ch/en/activate-lane-assist/

anyone idea?

4 hours ago, skodasuperb2018 said:

My problem is when i turn off the car and start again: the adaptive lane guidance box unchecked each time. Without using kessy.. So its not a setting in Kessy, but something else. 

I have activate the Lane assist with this VCDS code: https://www.ascoding.ch/en/activate-lane-assist/

anyone idea?

fark me......maybe I need to speak a different language.

7 hours ago, skodasuperb2018 said:

anyone idea?

As JR RS says, the option to remember many of the settings is a function of Personalisation.

You need to enable Personalisation, give yourself a name, assign your profile to your key, and then it should remember and reapply the settings every time you use that key.

6 minutes ago, Ivan8192 said:

As JR RS says, the option to remember many of the settings is a function of Personalisation.

You need to enable Personalisation, give yourself a name, assign your profile to your key, and then it should remember and reapply the settings every time you use that key.

Where can i enable "Personalisation"

On 2/20/2017 at 23:42, Enriquez said:

Byte 21 Bit 5-7  

Ändern auf (20) Fernlichtassistent/High Beam Assist  

I do not have SLA on my car. However, I have enabled HBA successfully but I was thinking what would happen if I change this setting to “Dynamic Light Assist”? Will it function like SLA by any chance (I don’t need “eyelashes”) or the difference in the hardware, not the coding is responsible for the dead zone which SLA creates for the oncoming traffic at night?

No it won't work. You are missing the components that shield parts of the high beam. You need different headlamp units to have Smart Light Assist.

Edited by rtj70

1 hour ago, rtj70 said:

No it won't work. You are missing the components that shield parts of the high beam. You need different headlamp units to have Smart Light Assist.

+1

for SLA, u need headlight units with the part no. 3Vx.941.01x.B

if it ends in .A , then u can only go as far as HBA.

I've been searching like a maniac on how to disable voice command. I have a custom system that I've build with Arduino to open and close my exhaust valve (highly tuned car). My favorite button to use would be the Voice Command button on the left side. I never use the function so I want to disable the voice command entirely. I've been going through vagcom for hours without any success. Anyone know?

Thanks!

I would like to try to remove the error I get because I replaced the DCC suspension with bilstein coilovers. I read it is possible but procedure is different depending on the car module versions etc and nothing online is available for the Superb. 

Anyone of the more experienced vcds members that would be happy to work with me to figure this out? It would be much appreciated. 

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can adjust the interior lighting (for instance, ambient lighting in door handles, arm rest box, coin tray, and back lighting on power windows switches) on their own without increasing the brightness intensity of the gauges? I have mine set at around 35% brightness under "interior lighting" as it is quite glary at night if I have it up higher. At 35%, the ambient lighting in other areas of the cabin is very dim and barely noticeable.

Would this be adjustable under VCDS setting?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dangergreen said:

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can adjust the interior lighting (for instance, ambient lighting in door handles, arm rest box, coin tray, and back lighting on power windows switches) on their own without increasing the brightness intensity of the gauges? I have mine set at around 35% brightness under "interior lighting" as it is quite glary at night if I have it up higher. At 35%, the ambient lighting in other areas of the cabin is very dim and barely noticeable.

Would this be adjustable under VCDS setting?

All those lights are fed from a single source I think, so what happens to one, happens to all.  Substantial electrical 'surgery' would be required to do as you wish.

Anyone know how to make DRLs light up at 100 brightness even if headlights are on. Currently when headlights are on, the DRLs are dimmed.

1 hour ago, axd1152 said:

Anyone know how to make DRLs light up at 100 brightness even if headlights are on. Currently when headlights are on, the DRLs are dimmed.

This is possible. Before doing this I suggest that you do a quick test: at night (full darkness) turn on ONLY front DRL LED lights, go in front of the car and look straight into them.

Than think again if blinding oncoming traffic for being ''cool'' is a good trade-off.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mtl said:

This is possible. Before doing this I suggest that you do a quick test: at night (full darkness) turn on ONLY front DRL LED lights, go in front of the car and look straight into them.

Than think again if blinding oncoming traffic for being ''cool'' is a good trade-off.

I have blinding led fog lights installed, so bliding DRLs sound just perfect))))

But I don't think that DRL can blind anyone. All new mercedeses dont dim the drls at night, and still dont blind anyone.

Edited by axd1152

5 hours ago, axd1152 said:

There is a good reason for the DRLs dimming.

They r way too bright at night.

Every manufacturer dims the DRL when sidelights or headlights r activated.

For the sake of other drivers on the road - don't do it.

On 10/07/2018 at 12:34, JR RS said:

There is a good reason for the DRLs dimming.

They r way too bright at night.

Every manufacturer dims the DRL when sidelights or headlights r activated.

For the sake of other drivers on the road - don't do it.

I agree. My mate has his Audi A4 led DRLs turned up to 100% at all times. The glare off his headlights when his dipped lights are on is awful! 

• Like 1

Sadly, sometimes it is impossible to get this message through to some blokes who think they have eaten whole brains of the world.

• Like 2

Luckily it is a type approval requirement that the drl dim when sidelights are on.

As such under the new MOT this might well be a fail. That plus I know of someone who was given a fix it and prove it notice by the police for them not dimming at night.

• 3 weeks later...

New poster and Superb MK3 owner here, I have some questions:

1. Is there a way to deactivate the remote control’s function to open the motorized tailgate?

The tailgate keeps accidently opening right now when I have the key in my pocket.

2. Can I deactivate the automatic start/stop function?

I fear that it’ll drain the battery since I drive alot through a city and usually only shorter trips, might shorten the lifespan on the start engine as well.