Poll: Does your Fabia mist up a lot or leak?

handyjazz

Does your fabia mist up or leak?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Does your fabia mist up or leak?

• Yes
    • Yes and and the problem is now sorted.
    • Yes, but I think the condensation is normal.
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Mine' been awful the past few months, all windows sopping wet inside and it would take about 10 mins before I could see enough to be able to drive. Discovered both back doors leaking which have been fixed by my friendly dealer (thanks Teresa). Is now vastly improved but still slightly mists up at the drop of a hat (like through a short - 420 metres - tunnel where I set it to recirculate).

Thank god for aircon...

Mine's been terrable for misting up.It's been to the garage twice about this, but they can't find anything wrong, they've taken everything apart n put it back together and can't find no leaks, so there's nothing they can do

Its not the fixing ... its the taking apart (and putting back together).

I've had both rear doors fixed for leaking water, the rear near side once and the rear offside twice. Both repairs to the rear offside door have resulted in damage to the interior trim panel and in both cases the two different dealers used have said the work has been quality control checked when I've found the damage and confronted them about it.

The damage is a like a slash in the panel outer edge. Fortunately both dealers have admitted liability but with it happening more recently at a more reputable dealer it dents your confidence in their techys when otherwise I've been very happy with what they have done before.

Rant over. My advise: if you can repair it yourself using the sealing cord, do so, as you'll probably take more care doing the job.

I was just about to start a question on this.

Just picked mine up (used 18 months old) 2 days ago. Got into it yesterday evening and the inside of the windows were soaked - all of them - took a while to clear as it was water and not just mist. The rear windows didn't clear at all. Nothing this morning though.

It was very wet the day I test drove it and it was clear so I wondered if a seal had leaked with power washing just before I picked it up. I'll keep an eye out for leaks whilst the warranty is in place though.

One real pain is that one of the headlights (this has the xenon option) is frosty most of the time - doesn't affect the light but looks naff and may have rust implications ?

I was just about to start a question on this.

Just picked mine up (used 18 months old) 2 days ago. Got into it yesterday evening and the inside of the windows were soaked - all of them - took a while to clear as it was water and not just mist. The rear windows didn't clear at all. Nothing this morning though.

It was very wet the day I test drove it and it was clear so I wondered if a seal had leaked with power washing just before I picked it up. I'll keep an eye out for leaks whilst the warranty is in place though.

One real pain is that one of the headlights (this has the xenon option) is frosty most of the time - doesn't affect the light but looks naff and may have rust implications ?

Have you lifted your floor mats (if fitted) and felt your carpets? I'd give them a once over after your next journey on a rainy day , just to be on the safe side.

My windscreen is often virtually dripping with moisture inside during the winter - but having checked all four footwells they're all bone dry.

I feel this is a dual problem - some people have problems of this sort occasioned by leaks but for others it's just a quirk of the way the heater works.

I can't imagine my dealer doing anything about it...

Found no leaks but occasionally such as this morning and at work when the car has been stood for sometime, the inside of the front windscreen is covered with a film of water, its not dripping wet though as the dash is dry, and have to wipe it with a clean rag, any hints on how to prevent it?

No leak , but yes to misting occasionally , aircon(which I hardly use) usually shifts it in a few mins.

just a little tip ref air con

try and run it for at least 10 minutes a week ..........

otherwise you will get nasty smells from the air vents

air con needs to be used regulary to keep the fluid

moving around

just a little tip ref air con

try and run it for at least 10 minutes a week ..........

otherwise you will get nasty smells from the air vents

air con needs to be used regulary to keep the fluid

moving around

The fluid (or gas) is always moving on the Fabia, they system never actually fully turns off ;)

The fluid (or gas) is always moving on the Fabia, they system never actually fully turns off ;)

Thats what I thought happened , so thats why I dont do the 10 mins a week thing. I did do it when I had my Lancer tho , and its good procedure to do so.

My windscreen is often virtually dripping with moisture inside during the winter - but having checked all four footwells they're all bone dry.

I feel this is a dual problem - some people have problems of this sort occasioned by leaks but for others it's just a quirk of the way the heater works.

I can't imagine my dealer doing anything about it...

Mine was exactly like this- you could see water running down the inside of the windscreen sometimes! I checked for leaks in all four footwells and all seemed dry.

I took it to my dealer who seemed to know the problem before I'd finished speaking.

In one day they replaced and re-sealed all four window carriers under warranty.

Hey presto, absolutely zero water, and even very little misting (slight misting is obviously normal in any car).

If your car has actual water inside the windows then this is NOT a quirk of the heater!:eek:

Do not accept it- take it to your dealer and get them to sort it (assuming it's under warranty). My dealer even admitted they'd seen it before. The car should not be like that!

:mad: If you reseal the carriers yourself isn't it brill to break the little plastic trim holders as you pull off the inside door trim ! Water leaking through the doors is a well known problem that should have been sorted by now (or has it ?) :(

I think its clear after searching door seal/leak that fabias have a little problem with leakage. :thumbdwn:

My fabia is currently having a small indoor swimming pool issue:eek: with both rear door seals. I think they both leak as badly just the right hits more puddles letting in more water.

I would say if you are noticing the condensation, its to much, fire some chalk round the rubber door seals and whip it around in the wet. Or like me you could push you finger into the rear carpet and watch the puddle come through:O .

But as a lazy soul i havent gone to the garage yet. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much the 2 seals should cost?:( No warranty period for me :(.

I live in central scotland, the bit that is kinda underwater most of the time at the moment. 3 weeks after discovery, some bailing, mildew, mould and i feel the car is at one with nature:(.

Yes mine leaks rear passenger door. Fabia 1.4 Comfort.

I've stripped it down and the inner door carrier seal is leaking. The car is 2003 and the carrier is bolted with a small foam seal. Skoda want