New 'Sport' model to be added to the range?

According to Auto Express there will be a new 'Sport RS' type model joining the range in September.

Anyone have any further info on this. Apologies if it's been covered here before, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/92580/next-skoda-roomster-on-hold-but-superb-range-set-to-expand

They can keep their 'visuals'! I want an ordinary exterior car with extraordinary inards! Visual implies the 'look at me' types will be more interested. That's not me though.

Edited by l4wrence
  • Like 4

They can keep their 'visuals'! I want an ordinary exterior car with extraordinary inards! Visual implies the 'look at me' types will be more interested. That's not me though.

Me too.... I ordered yesterday. Cancelling would be no problem. Having a car that pretty much looks like all the others but has 280 horses under the bonnet is part of the fun

• Like 3

Would be nice if they added to progressive steering from the vRS, or does the superb already have this?

Not standard on Superb unfortunately, however that would be something I would appreciate if they do do a sport trim.

Then I'd like it if they would also add:

1. The Octy 3 VRS brakes (best I have ever sampled),

2. lane assist,

3. blind spot awareness,

4. adaptive zenon headlights with smart assist,

5. LED light pack,

6. Alcantara seats,

7. 19" Alloys..... happy with sexy 18"s also.

I would be a happy man if the above was their VRS Superb. To fund these goodies they can remove some options i couldn't give a monkeys about:

1. KESSY

2. Powered tailgate,

3. Heated rear seats,

4. Virtual pedal,

5. Phone box.

I would then add the following as options:

1. Crew protect with rear side airbags,

2. Heated windscreen and washer nozzles,

3. Spare wheel,

4. Rear sun blinds,

5. ISOFIX front seat,

6. Media command

7. Smartgate.

8. Towbar (only if I could afford it).

That would be me happy and sorted for the next 5-10 years, and if they managed to bring it all in under £28,000 with metallic paint, yeeehaaa! Here's hoping.

How do the brakes on the 220 and 280 TSI superbas compair to the vRS's?

They all require 17” wheels to clear them, so I would imagine they are the same size.

• Like 2

And not a cheap one either !

But when it will be the family wheels for some time (5-10 years), what price do you put on their safety?

I have specced it in every new car I have had bar the first three I owned when I was single. More power was more important, not so much now tho.

But when it will be the family wheels for some time (5-10 years), what price do you put on their safety?

I have specced it in every new car I have had bar the first three I owned when I was single. More power was more important, not so much now tho.

Superb Estate SE L Executive

2.0 TSI 280 PS 4x4 DSG

Corrida Red

18” Modus wheels

Black Leather

Crew protection assist

Rear side airbags

Variable boot floor

3 Spoke leather MFSW with DSG Paddles

Colour Maxi Dot

LED Package plus

Space saver wheel

5 Year warranty

:happy:

• Like 1

Superb Estate SE L Executive

2.0 TSI 280 PS 4x4 DSG

Corrida Red

18” Modus wheels

Black Leather

Crew protection assist

Rear side airbags

Variable boot floor

3 Spoke leather MFSW with DSG Paddles

Colour Maxi Dot

LED Package plus

Space saver wheel

5 Year warranty

:happy:

I like it but, tis be clear to me that you are considerably richer than I. I wish you many years of happy motoring!

We never carry rear seat passengers, so it's not an option we would choose.

DC

• Like 1

Me too, my current Superb is quicker than it looks, & it's much more fun.... 

Where would a sporty version sit in the range? I am going to wait to see if this rumour is true, as I would love a Sporty/VRS version of the Superb Mk3. My only worry is it would sit in the range between SE Business and SE L. This is where "Black" and "VRS" models of Octavia have slotted in before.

I really want an L&K but with more sporty credentials. I want the dynamic suspension and 19" wheels as well as the Canton sound system. If I had to add those to a Sport one that sat below the SE L and then had to add all the SE L options I want, and the reverse camera, I worry I will be up to a very expensive car :/

Where would a sporty version sit in the range? I am going to wait to see if this rumour is true, as I would love a Sporty/VRS version of the Superb Mk3. My only worry is it would sit in the range between SE Business and SE L. This is where "Black" and "VRS" models of Octavia have slotted in before.

Going from all 3 of the Octavia vRS, this is exactly the area it would sit, the vRS has never been a high specced car, just a sportier one.