Coilovers people's experiences

Hi guys

I know there has been a few different threads on coilovers but I want to know what people have and the experiences after installing.

There are a few kits on eBay but I don't really want to go for the cheap £150-190 kits, however I have knoticed a mid range kit v - Maxx for around £370 ish or AP s for £400 ish as I don't want to spend mega money but want something half decent has anyone these installed and their review ?

Jason

I bought mine with pb coilovers on it, I believe it's phatboy. Very impressed with them. They have 30 click adjustment and I was surprised to see that the clicks actually change th damping enough for it to make a difference. I changed from 15 clicks to 5 and car feels much better on the rubbish roads around my way.

Cheers guys anyone had JOM coilovers ?

There you see, completely ignoring perfectly good advice and asking silly questions about TERRIBLE suspension kits.

Listen very carefully, I will say this only once more. DO NOT BUY A CHEAPER KIT THAN AP unless you particularly want a harsh ride and comedy handling.

• Like 2

There you see, completely ignoring perfectly good advice and asking silly questions about TERRIBLE suspension kits.

Listen very carefully, I will say this only once more. DO NOT BUY A CHEAPER KIT THAN AP unless you particularly want a harsh ride and comedy handling.

He asked a question about the suspension, not to be bullied by you, so why don't you go back under your rock?

OP, I have had fk ak street coilovers before, basically the same. Had them on a year, still felt the same as when new and weren't showing signs of failing. The ride was firm but not unbearable. They did corrode a bit so probably could do with being protected after installation, but I would recommend them as a budget option.

• Like 1

I have weitec hicon gt's which are inbetween ap's and kw's and I think their fantastic, firm but not too harsh and handle very well.

If I was looking for another set I would happily buy the same, although they are now rebadged to st's or I would buy an equivelant spring and damper kit as I've never actually altered the ride height in the 3 years I've owned the car.

Don't buy the cheap ones you will end up disappointed.

Cheers guys anyone had JOM coilovers ?

Don't fit JOMs or any of the cheaper ones unless all you want is the looks. They'll knock/bang and wear out, corrode and seize - though even some of the better kits have the odd knock/clonk issue.

If you are paying for the work, get the best kit you can afford and research kit and fitting prices. Make your savings by doing the legwork getting the best price for the kit and the best price for the fitting.

J.

• Like 1

He asked a question about the suspension, not to be bullied by you, so why don't you go back under your rock?

OP, I have had fk ak street coilovers before, basically the same. Had them on a year, still felt the same as when new and weren't showing signs of failing. The ride was firm but not unbearable. They did corrode a bit so probably could do with being protected after installation, but I would recommend them as a budget option.

No sense of humour (or you never watched 'allo 'allo) COME ON!

I know Dorset's a bit backwards but I shouldn't need to put a silly bloody smiley after everything  :dull:

Bullied indeed, muppet.

• Like 2

Bit strong fella only asking opinions not ignoring anyone's advice just weighing up options as you do get what you pay for and as per title "people's experiences" not the "Dad lecture" approach

• Like 1

Bit strong fella only asking opinions not ignoring anyone's advice just weighing up options as you do get what you pay for and as per title "people's experiences" not the "Dad lecture" approach

There there, all better now flower, I was only joking as I explained right above your thin-skinned reply.

However do you people cope with workplace banter, bursting into tears?  :sun:

• Like 1

There there, all better now flower, I was only joking as I explained right above your thin-skinned reply.

However do you people cope with workplace banter, bursting into tears? :sun:

Workplace banter? Or you being a tool? I'm perfectly fine with banter, but the OP was asking a serious question. Theres a time and place for banter, and it wasn't then. That alright, sweet cheeks?

• Like 1

Workplace banter? Or you being a tool? I'm perfectly fine with banter, but the OP was asking a serious question. Theres a time and place for banter, and it wasn't then. That alright, sweet cheeks?

Now how in the hell would you know that?

If I was the op I would be taking a look at these you not going to get much better for the price. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/366079-fabia-vrs-mk1-st-xa-adjustable-rebound-and-height-%C2%A3450-posted/

Or if you can stretch to another £100 you can get a set brand new. Cracking price. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/coilover-suspension-kits/st-suspension-st-xa-coilover-kit

Thought that was quite funny myself.  

Thing is these types of questions get asked so much that people cant help but have a laugh sometimes.  Its all harmless banter....  

I would seriously not buy cheap coilovers, you WILL regret it mate.  For road you will be better off with a good shocks/spring combo. I would save up for B8 dampers and eibach or H&R springs aka Bilstein B8 kit, very hard to beat on any car for road driving.  I think AP or a similar make do purpose built  shock spring combo with shortened shocks and lowering springs (search for fabia vrs on ebay).  You will always be better off with shortened shocks when fitting lowering springs.