Superb MKIII owners register

I picked up my 2017 Skoda Superb Sportline 190 DSG in corrida red on Saturday.

Standard Sportline spec plus electric tailgate and heated front seats.

To say I'm delighted is an understatement.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up my brand new sportline plus 280 on Thursday.  In Race Blue and looks brilliant, lovely change from red l and k that went in part ex. Came with canton, virtual cockpit, rear camera, heated wheel and seats. Well happy

• Like 3

Hi all,been a while since posting,but thought I’d best post since I’ve just picked the new car up....

2021 L&K,Business grey with black leather,19” Trinity anthracite alloys,sunroof and rear wiper. Gone for the 2.0 TSi 190 this time,replacing the 2.0 TDi 150 L&K previously. Only driven it home,but it feels very lively so far,so should be even better once it’s loosened up. Still getting used to the virtual cockpit,was quite happy with the old school dials tbh,but I guess that’s progress!

Looking forward to trying the heated steering wheel on Monday morning,and the led headlights promise to be an improvement over the xenon’s if the wife’s Karoq is anything to go by. Very happy so far!

• Like 2

Hi, first post but thought I'd add it here.

Dropped off on 27th May.  Superb iV SE Technology in Energy Blue.  Only extra added are rear wiper and tow bar. 

My first hybrid vehicle and liking it so far.

(My prevous car was a November 16 Superb SE 2.0 diesel).

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered Superb iV L&K Estate from already imported cars list at last week and should get it in end of June.

Lava blue color and tow bar added when the dealer originally ordered it.

I save 6-8 month when buy from alredy imported cars list.

17 hours ago, oh2ju said:

I ordered Superb iV L&K Estate from already imported cars list at last week and should get it in end of June.

Lava blue color and tow bar added when the dealer originally ordered it.

I save 6-8 month when buy from alredy imported cars list.

Hi oh2ju, what is the "already imported cars list "? 

On 15/06/2021 at 17:29, AndrewScott said:

Hi oh2ju, what is the "already imported cars list "? 

Hi,

Here in Finland the importer orders the most popular models directly from the factory and these cars can be purchased through dealers.

Now there are 446 cars in the importer's stock that you get in 2-3 weeks. (Finnish web side where is listed all fast delivery cars https://stock-cars.skoda-auto.com/443/fi-fi/?type=Stock cars)

Of course it's possible to order car with all options you need, but it takes months to get car.

Finally collected my new superb combi sportline on 30th march after a 6 month wait. Its a 150tdi DSG in race blue. I previously had a skoda karoq 1.5 litre petrol which was a great car too. Always liked the superb but felt it was too big. Now with 3 kids and 2 dogs the big superb combi is perfect for my needs.

• Like 1

Took collection of my silver SE Technology iv estate with a few extras today ( 18" alloys, Virtual cockpit, rear blinds, elec boot, rear camera, heated steering, heated windscreen, heated washers,usb c in mirror, lane change assist, sign camera recognition) What a great car!! I've switched from a 200d 2017 Mercedes E-class estate and so far i am enjoying driving the Skoda more. It is very quick and i like how quickly it self charges in Sport B-mode - did 70 miles and this charged the battery to 36%. Still getting my head aound all the settings. Basic sound system is more than ample. Only negative is the centre console where it meets the arm rest squeeks!! hopefully this goes as it wears in and moves about a bit. I will be doing about 25k miles a year so will see how it goes. i cant complain  when it is only costing me £73 a month in company car tax  :)

• Like 2

After what seems like a long wait, mine will finally be delivered on Monday coming. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

1.5 SE L DSG

Brilliant Silver.

Options:

Rear view parking camera

Heated washer nozzles

Rear window wiper

Heated windscreen

I don't know if this fits with what @oh2jiuhas said (although I am in England) but I have bought mine through my employer's corporate discount scheme, which appears to use only a limited number of dealers in the country. My Superb was the only one available that was already built (only one available within the scheme that is) and it already came with the above options selected, I have not chosen them myself. I've therefore had the impression that either someone or a company had ordered the vehicle and added the options but then changed their minds and lost their deposit, or with the Superb being mostly a company car I did think perhaps some dealerships pre-order one or two cars with a few options fitted as they are likely to sell without issue.

I was advised that if I placed my own order I would be receiving the car in September. No thanks! Like a lot of people, I am moving over to an 'automatic' after a long time of driving manuals, although I did own an automatic 18 years ago. There are pluses and minuses to both, I'll be honest from the outset and say I am only moving to a DSG as I want the car now. I'm happy driving either though, I always enjoyed my old automatic.

I'm not new here, as I sadly had a depressing experience with an Octavia MK4, which I imagine for the regulars who scout around the forum I don't need to explain what issues that car has. I got rid of that back at the start of May and have been waiting for the Superb since then.

And yes I know I am cheating, as I am not supposed to declare my vehicle in this thread until it is in my possession, but it is arriving on Monday and I am excited beyond belief, so let's hear it for 'la passione' and let me declare myself today !!

I'll chuck up a photo or two in good time as well.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2021 at 19:15, Gizmo said:

Ideal time to retrofit a flat bottom or heated wheel with flappy paddles then. 

Wish list I'm afraid for the moment - 'no money' really is the only reason.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawh took delivery of mine today (at home, delivered from many miles away) and within 30 seconds of doing my walk-around I spotted two little dents on the boot above the 'Skoda' writing.

So what joy, I'm already looking at a visit to Skoda to have that sorted!

Feel your pain Gax. Not quite the same but was gutted to pick up a nasty stone chip on front bumper the very day i collected my new superb. Then few weeks later guy reversed into me outside my son's school. Total respray of front bumper required 😫 Absolutely gutted but at least that's the stone chip sorted. Every cloud 🙂

• Sad 1

Couple of photos, the good and the bad!

The bad being a photo of the dents above/left of the K and above the A. Just waiting on a Dent Devil quote (dealership is paying) and hopefully within a few days they'll be nought but a memory.

The good...I love the silver. Needs a clean as it is covered in road muck from being up high on the transporter, but looks brill otherwise.

I'd had a hire Superb for a month while my now rejected Octavia MK4 was (not) being looked at, so can't really give many first impressions as I thought they were a fantastic car already and just that bit of class above the Octy.

That was a manual though and this is a DSG and I have to say the gearbox is fantastic. I had an automatic eons ago but this is like night and day in comparison and it wees all over a manual in my opinion.

The one strong positive opinion I will give, which will contradict some people, is that there is nothing wrong with the engine stop/start.

Mine certainly does not cut out before you have come to a halt, and for me the time it takes for the engine to restart and pull away is frankly no different to the time it takes to release the clutch in a manual and pull away. I had major reservations having read all the moans about it on the forum, but I seriously don't know what people are talking about. I have experienced zero 'performance' or time loss at any junctions or roundabouts.

Anyway, it really is a brilliant car, and will be even more brilliant when the two annoying dents disappear!!

Screenshot_20210630-080123_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210630-080217_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Gax

I'll not go bad mouthing anyone, but I think the dealer name is visible if you zoom in on the registration plate hahaha!

I found a scrunched-up silver chewing gum wrapper in the door last night, so the 'care' from door to door is unlikely to get 10/10 if anyone surveys me!

Nevermind though, dent repair man booked for Friday, so fingers crossed that will be the end of that little item from the 'snag' list (which only comprises that item!).

• Like 1

Received my new (to me) late 2018 280ps 4x4 sportline with 20k. Coming from an audi allroad 2.7tt 2001 that I had owned for 11 years which sold very well on ebay recently.

v pleased to discover hidden towbar with electrics and spacesaver spare wheel - car was advertised without mentioning these options which I had been looking for.

got a bit of a list building of bits to do / small fettles.

also found previous owners medications stashed under the passenger seat in the secret under seat cubby - nothing exciting alas...

on the list

• wheel spacers to fill out the arches a little perhaps
  • locking wheel nuts (they dont come as std for some reason)
  • wheel nut covers - might paint existing which have gone a bit white / grey
  • winter wheels and tyres or perhaps buy some all seasons when needed next
  • new kids car seat covers
  • install OEM reversing camera (sashagrace already pm'd :) )
  • VCDS coding tweaks and scans - i have vagcom rosstech lead from my previous audis (allroad and S4's)
  • pressure test on turbo hoses
  • DSG service maybe (haldex done recently)
  • need to pick up some oil
  • maybe dog guard - had a partition net screen on the allroad which was good for packing up the boot and ensuring nothing came forward, looks like OEM dog guard is the way to go from skoda accessories catalogue
  • oh and insurance and vehicle tax

coming up to the end of the manf warranty period, so looking at a pre-end of warranty check over to catch anything that might be needed.

then prob buy the skoda extended warranty with service package (seems good value at just 30 pounds or so a month)

• Like 1

On 30/06/2021 at 08:13, Gax said:

Couple of photos, the good and the bad!

The bad being a photo of the dents above/left of the K and above the A. Just waiting on a Dent Devil quote (dealership is paying) and hopefully within a few days they'll be nought but a memory.

The good...I love the silver. Needs a clean as it is covered in road muck from being up high on the transporter, but looks brill otherwise.

I'd had a hire Superb for a month while my now rejected Octavia MK4 was (not) being looked at, so can't really give many first impressions as I thought they were a fantastic car already and just that bit of class above the Octy.

That was a manual though and this is a DSG and I have to say the gearbox is fantastic. I had an automatic eons ago but this is like night and day in comparison and it wees all over a manual in my opinion.

The one strong positive opinion I will give, which will contradict some people, is that there is nothing wrong with the engine stop/start.

Mine certainly does not cut out before you have come to a halt, and for me the time it takes for the engine to restart and pull away is frankly no different to the time it takes to release the clutch in a manual and pull away. I had major reservations having read all the moans about it on the forum, but I seriously don't know what people are talking about. I have experienced zero 'performance' or time loss at any junctions or roundabouts.

Anyway, it really is a brilliant car, and will be even more brilliant when the two annoying dents disappear!!

Screenshot_20210630-080123_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210630-080217_Gallery.jpg

I'm pleased to say I am now dent free, you would never know the above had ever been there. Must say I was sceptical, but I am very impressed.

It now looks like I am driving a car I have owned from new for 4 days and not something that looks like I picked up from a scrapyard!

• Like 2

On 30/05/2021 at 08:49, Paulinkeighley said:

I picked up my brand new sportline plus 280 on Thursday.  In Race Blue and looks brilliant, lovely change from red l and k that went in part ex. Came with canton, virtual cockpit, rear camera, heated wheel and seats. Well happy

My home town.

IMG-20210627-WA0002.thumb.jpg.76a1b7820f40bfce87a84f75c4c66437.jpg

Well after owning a Volvo xc70 d5 manual for 13 and a half years it was decided to let this ultra reliable 15 year old comfy arm chair go to pastures new.

After test driving Volvo suv's and estates then the Superb it was a very easy decision, so here we go: Another battle ship grey sport line plus 190 tdscr 4x4 dsg estate (combi).

Ex Skoda uk car with 2,900 miles.

Quite a lot of extras , panoramic roof, digital instrument panel,spare wheel, flappy paddles  not sure of what else exactly, didnt buy it for those,rather the way it drove not to mention the space it has.

This is our forth Skoda, Felicia, Octavia,Fabia vrs and now this.

Hope its as reliable as the old Lovejoy machine.

Martin

Edited by kentdale
miss spelling
  • Like 3