Isle Of Wight Briskoda Invasion Sat 14th Jan

Tigger_1979

Cant do links and stuff, but, if you go soton way it's redfunnel.co.uk (best IMO), or wightlink.co.uk for pompey

Easily signed from main roads into soton/pompey

Scenic drive would have to include the military (milly to us) road. this is a coastal road that goes all the way down the west coast. favourite surfing beach (compton) on the way, could stop for a hotdog/burger in the car park and good for piccys.

You could actually drive around the island with not much trouble.

If coming soton way you get off the ferry in east cowes so you could head for Ryde (beach town) drive towards sandown and shanklin (east coast holiday beach towns) head south towards ventnor, pick up the milly road from there head up the coast as mentioned to freshwater at the top of the milly road, then head into centre ish main town Newport. you could try the eight bells pub for food in carisbrooke just outside newport. back to east cowes for ferry

Let me know if you need to know anything else, happy to help :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like fun, probably up for this! :thumbup:

Not going to add my name to the list yet though, as I live in Cambs, and need to get the Sunday off work, otherwise I'll be totally shattered.

Free :bump: too...

There must be others who think this is worth the trek... :confused:

If you go onto safetycamera website you can see where all the speeding cameras are located. most are mobile but we have a couple of static ones. Be warned though, just because you might be on a road that doesnt have a camera on the map, a mobile may still be there. i can let you know (from experience) the exact places a mobile may be when you've decided on your route.

Static ones are in Wootton high st. (on way to Ryde from East Cowes) it's down hill but be careful after you've go through it as i have seen a mobile one just after it.

Lake, near sandown. the camera is near the school.

St Johns hill in Ryde

Horsebridge hill on the road from west cowes to newport, close to prisons and hospital.

HTH :D

Takes us an hour and three quarters from getting off soton ferry to my sisters in Bristol which is about 10 mins from the top of the M32. we use M4, A34 and M3 (from your way!!) we don't tank it, usually sit at about 85

Guest Fabia 12v
Takes us an hour and three quarters from getting off soton ferry to my sisters in Bristol which is about 10 mins from the top of the M32. we use M4, A34 and M3 (from your way!!) we don't tank it, usually sit at about 85

cya on M3 then :thumbup:

Hey hey!

Can you put me on the list for the IOW meet?

I used to live on the Island and am willing to provide any advice on routes and decent places to eat, if required. Might have to meet you guys over there as I will have to include an obligatory visit to see the folks.

If any of you are coming from the south west a shorter ferry route goes from Lymington in the New Forest, it is very easy to get to from the M27. Visit www.wightlink.com.

Andy :)

Which ever way you go' date=' it is probably cheaper to book online.

In my opinion red funnel is the better option they dont check if you've booked or not, whereas wightlink would have your name etc and you wouldnt get on unless you've booked or lucky to have a space, always running late too.

Let me know if you want to find out places to eat or visit etc.[/quote']

Takes an hour on this route tho Pixi instead of just 35 minutes from Pompey....tis true tho book online its much cheaper...sorry can you add me to the attending list...even tho I've sold my vRS!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am working an early shift on that day, but it is tempting to come and find you all after work :D

I might give someone my mobile number so i can find out where you are. Finish work about 2.15, but could get away earlier I expect.

Not sure you could keep up with Velma tho' ;)

OK guys and gals, what's happening as we are just a month away from this meet!!. Are we all still up for it as now would be a good time to book some ferry tickets. Tigger, put a rocket up everyones backside as I am looking forward to this one and I don't want this to fizzle out and die!.

Hi guys' date='

Is there anyone coming that has remapped their Furby VRS? I was thinking about doing mine and would like to chat to someone and see the difference before I take the plunge.

Cheers

Joe[/quote']

There is plenty of advice on here about re-mapping and the various options available to you but I am sure there will be a few remapped Furby's turning up but unfortunately you won't get any sense out of the owners as they can't string more than two words together!!! :P .

There is plenty of advice on here about re-mapping and the various options available to you but I am sure there will be a few remapped Furby's turning up but unfortunately you won't get any sense out of the owners as they can't string more than two words together!!! :P .

Having mine re-mapped the week prior to this meet. I'll also be making collections on the day for the Salvation Army so dig deep!!

tyre salvation that is!!:rofl: :rofl:

http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/redfunnel/travel/php/newfares2.php

Looks like £27.50 day return, as its offpeak time of year. :cool:

Times are

leave depart

0100 0155

not Su 0230 0325

0400 0455

0530 0625

0650 0745

0810 0905

0930 1025

1050 1145

1215 1310

1335 1430

1455 1550

1615 1710

1735 1830

1900 1955

2040 2135

2200 2255

2330 0025

just done an enquiry leaving Southampton at 8:15am and returning at 20:30 - £27.50. I would seriously recommend ringing them. If its confirmed we can only do online booking or on telephone then I'll do that.

Looking forward to it. :cool:

Word of warning if you intend to just turn up and get tickets on the day. I use red funnel a lot and they always do better deals online and before the day. Sometimes these special offers have to be booked at least 24hrs in advance.

Check out the website because believe me they are sharks (just my personal opinion ;) )

Quite looking forward to it now, I may turn up after all :)