Isle Of Wight Briskoda Invasion Sat 14th Jan

Tigger_1979

I want to know if there's any Octy owners going! If there is, then I'll come. I on;y live about 2 mins drive from the Red funnel terminal!

I am 95% sure in going but waiting for final permission from SWMBO!!. Of course I dont want to be the only Octy in the village ;) so the more the merrier. Watch this space as I will be booking my ferry tickets soon.

PS. Won't be coming back with you guys at 8:30pm though, too late for me!.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You drive a Skoda. :P More than welcome to come along. I don't really want it to be a Fabia only parade after all. It should be a Briskoda day, not a Fabia day. :)

And there's variety within the Fabia ranks at the moment with my mongrel, the blue/black 12v ;) and 3 vRS'

You'll all be wanting to drive the "Military Road" (A3055), from Shanklin or Ventnor to Freshwater Bay, it's probably the most scenic road over here on the island. Also be aware that the road surfaces here are not up to mainland standard, potholes, bumps, ripples etc. A good meeting place could be the viewpoint car park at Blackgang, halfway along the A3055, good place to park up and chat, and if the weather is fine, the view to the west, where Swanage and Portland can be seen in the distance, is quite special.

:bump: Less than 2 weeks away now folks. :cool:

Pixi? Can I be a pain and see if you can do a little account on here of good things to do on the Isle' date=' please? places to eat? good roads to cruise? etc? :D

(this offer is open to other IOW natives of course :))[/quote']

Take a look at this... http://www.isleofwight.com/results.html

It tells you of the 'attractions' on the Island, as I have said near the beginning of this thread the military road is a must.

Depending on what you want for food I would go for the 'Eight Bells' in Carisbrooke for pub food or 'Joe Daflo's' in Newport (main town) for a trendy ish bar in nice surroundings and nice food.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Guest Fabia 12v

I'd love to come! But really should be watching finances' date=' and it is the first weekend after my birthday[/quote']

Same :thumbup:

We'll have our sarnies in the car though!! Also watching the finances!!!

PS. Won't be coming back with you guys at 8:30pm though' date=' too late for me!.[/quote']

Me neither, although I'm not sure exactly when (depends on when my girlfriend finishes work). I'll have to look at the flexibility of the tickets i.e. whether they allow you to take an earlier or later boat if you like. Anyone know?

Red funnel never ask you if you are booked, I get NHS discounted tickets and these are scanned at the ferry entrance, which may or may not show which ferry we are booked on.

We got on an earlier boat last night no questions asked as usual.

I reckon its OK to leave on an earlier one, if there's space? There's one every hour or so, so I can't see the ferry delaying any returns home that much. Think I might just hang around for some evening grub and then motor on back. Always feel better driving on a full stomach. :thumbup:

1) Jason (NOT on his own now)

2) Jonny5ive & SWMBO

3) dvere & mrs d

4) Fabia 12v & Swmbo

5) Tigger 1979 & Becky

6) Tom_vRS

So we can buy tickets "on the gate" as such... :rubchin:

Sounds like it should be a good meet! :thumbup:

I'll have to be back on mainland by 9 at the latest though, 4 hrs to Cambs, and I'm working on the Sunday :eek:

8.30pm ferry I think takes half an hour - can always grab the one an hour earlier, just in case. Thankfully I'm doing sweet F.A on Sunday so can get home at midnight and just crash (metaphorically speaking) into bed.

Red Funnel takes one hour

Not if they let me drive it for a bit. :evil: :D

Guess you'd better take the 7.30ish one then Tom. :)

Got my tickets this morning in the post - comes with a small map of the IOW - already mentally plotted a route involving the A3055. :D

Hmm, I'll try and make it, but need to sort out a few things first, namely time off work which isn't looking good at the moment :(

Would be great to see you there Xav!

So, is it possible to pay on the gate for the ferry then? If not I'd better get it booked :rubchin:

I never try to take chances - I would book - they post tickets out p.d.q after booking & paying. Just saves time at SOuthampton end I think. Although being mid-January, its not going to be busy, I'm sure. :)

As its my birthday on the 12th, I have been informed by my parents that I must leave my Saturday free.

Its a shame, as I thought invading the IoW would be a great 21st birthday present to myself.

Ah well, sorry guys. Have a good day! :thumbup:

1) Jason (NOT on his own now)

2) Jonny5ive & SWMBO

3) dvere & mrs d

4) Fabia 12v & Swmbo

5) Tigger 1979 & Becky

Guest Fabia 12v

need a mk2 vRS on a test drive that weekend lol!! any skoda dealers on the IOW? and does it have a demo yet :D :confused:

We do have a Skoda dealer over here, Winter's at Havenstreet (just outside of Ryde). They don't have a demo as yet but that is typical of the Island, we are always behind everyone else :rolleyes:

We do have a Skoda dealer over here, Winter's at Havenstreet (just outside of Ryde). They don't have a demo as yet but that is typical of the Island, we are always behind everyone else :rolleyes:

Hope you guys have discovered tarmac! ;):D