The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

Thoughts? Wasn't a whole lot I could do besides coming to a near stop on a 70mph road, the car to my right had also slowed right down to allow me to change lanes, however I was concentrating on the person trying to join the Dual Carriageway, they flashed me too after the joined behind me, as if it was my fault and I should have given them time to merge.. I had slowed from a speedometer reading of 80 to around 45 - 40, they had in my eyes room to merge if they had stuck there foot on the go pedal and not put there foot on the slow pedal :wall:

Thoughts? Wasn't a whole lot I could do besides coming to a near stop on a 70mph road, the car to my right had also slowed right down to allow me to change lanes, however I was concentrating on the person trying to join the Dual Carriageway, they flashed me too after the joined behind me, as if it was my fault and I should have given them time to merge.. I had slowed from a speedometer reading of 80 to around 45 - 40, they had in my eyes room to merge if they had stuck there foot on the go pedal and not put there foot on the slow pedal :wall:

He was merging not you, if you hadn't have slowed down from 72mph - 39mph (GPS) he likely would have been able to do just that lol. Merging driver needs to be able to judge your speed to do so safely and you continually changed it. Driver in lane two seems to have assessed the unfolding situation well and held back. I doubt driver in lane two thought I no longer want to pass this car lets all slow right down and let the new car join in front of us lol. No need to adjust your speed, change lanes by all means if clear, but let merging car do just that. Bonus though is that they both will have put it down to a stereotypical unpredictable OAP :P 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 3

He was merging not you, if you hadn't have slowed down from 72mph - 39mph (GPS) he likely would have been able to do just that lol. Merging driver needs to be able to judge your speed to do so safely and you continually changed it. Driver in lane two seems to have assessed the unfolding situation well and held back. I doubt driver in lane two thought I no longer want to pass this car lets all slow right down and let the new car join in front of us lol. No need to adjust your speed, change lanes by all means if clear, but let merging car do just that. Bonus though is that they both will have put it down to a stereotypical unpredictable OAP :p

That's the thing, I couldn't as that car was in essence side on with me, but perhaps you are right if I did continue with my speed it would have been fine, I actually think the guy who braked in lane 2 made matters worse in some ways, had he continued with his speed I could have slowed as I did and moved over and not had to have any confrontation with the merging car

• Like 1

Have to agree with Fubs - i have been in all 3positions.. and the only reason ill slow down is if lane2 guy is right on my bumper and blocking me moving out there. Otherwise illl drop the fot, indicate and move to lane 2, let the merger do what he likes then.

nithing pees me off more than coming down a slip way and getting sruck because theres no space due to people not making a decision. I slide down the slip to hit the bottom where view opens up at "lorry speed", then decide where and when im going based on whats on the road - plant it and go ahead or ease out behind, or just drop into lane 1 coz the other approacher nudged into lane 2... none of the above happened in the video.

• Like 2

I will have some footage of an incident where a driver actually came right up to me and started pushing me backwards,  

However i cannot post it yet as he has been arrested and charged with dangerous driving along with being over the drink drive limit and is due to appear in court on 20th June to enter a plea.

As soon as I find out what happens i will post the specific time slot here ( or a Link) you will have to excuse my son loosing his rag, and my frightened grandson saying ' Cuddle Daddy'.

• Like 3

Briskycat,

At least the pleb had the sense to hit the verge not try and squeeze back in on his side...

At least the pleb had the sense to hit the verge not try and squeeze back in on his side...

I am not sure which way would have been better (I saw videos on youtube where both parties decided to hit the verge in such situation) but what really annoyed me was the fact that he didn't even seem to think of stopping.

Spotted a guy in a Nissan X-Trail on the A1(M) in County Durham reading a book whilst driving! Quite difficult to see on the video but you can see him drifting into the hard shoulder near the beginning of the video as he comes into view.

readingatthewheel_zpsqswbvqti.jpg

And chaos at McDonalds in Bishop Auckland on a Saturday afternoon!

As I was leaving the same McDonalds mentioned above this morning, I decided to do a good turn and let a bus out who had been waiting ages at a roundabout. Seemed to make him happy, so much so that he blew me a kiss, which I didn't expect, being a bloke myself!

As I was leaving the same McDonalds mentioned above this morning, I decided to do a good turn and let a bus out who had been waiting ages at a roundabout. Seemed to make him happy, so much so that he blew me a kiss, which I didn't expect, being a bloke myself!

Do you have girly hair or something? 

Edited by FUBAR

A Volkswagen poo's itself

Side note - notice everyone pushing past still part ways in the first lane. Idiots!

Misfuelled?

Spotted a guy in a Nissan X-Trail on the A1(M) in County Durham reading a book whilst driving! Quite difficult to see on the video but you can see him drifting into the hard shoulder near the beginning of the video as he comes into view.

readingatthewheel_zpsqswbvqti.jpg

And chaos at McDonalds in Bishop Auckland on a Saturday afternoon!

It's quite a busy section around Sainsburys. I remember going a few weeks ago and getting stuck in Starbucks for a while.

Nearly had the front end of my car taken off today.

I got a bit nervous on the approach as he was quite far over already but then he cut across me and had I not stopped I think he would have hit me! I then went round the roundabout as I was in the wrong lane and the BMW pulled out on me (I was indicating and in the correct lane etc).

Then I got home to find my neighbour parked in front of my drive... again! We have asked him several times politely not to park there as it makes it very awkward to get in and out. The curbs are quite high  and with a drain to the side that a friend once caught and punctured their tyre so I refuse to drive up and down the curb when we have a perfectly good dropped curb!

Edited by Phil-E

So I came across this idiot... the first time he pulls out I can forgive him I guess... didn't get his foot down too much but I was quite far away when he pulled out.

But then I came across him again when he had taken a "shortcut" down the country lane to avoid the traffic on the A64.

Megane decides to cut me up on a roundabout without indicating in Northallerton. Granted I was late in deciding which lane I was in but at least I found the correct one and indicated where I was going!

An Evo X decided to boot it off a roundabout outside Ripon overtaking a line of cars and just getting out of the way of oncoming traffic!

Edited by dan4291

Interesting pull out by lorry:

What the feck are them subtitles?? Watching on mute as swmbo is asleep... Edited by mac11irl

What the feck are them subtitles?? Watching on mute as swmbo is asleep...

I think my words were "no no no no no." I doubt the driver of the Ford Ka's may have been something similar.

• Like 1