The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

Sadly I've had so many things go on while driving recently that I've had to do my first compilation! On this one: -
 mirror by millimetres.
A cyclist riding down a pitch black unlit country road with no rear light! or rear red reflector AFAICS!!

Note addition in boldface!

This was uber annoying the other day.

So I turn into this street... all the driver of the black car had to do was pause at the top of the hill, look round the parked cars and check if anything was coming... but no she couldn't be bothered. Then the sheep behind just followed through.

I've muted the audio due to all the naughty words from my mum and myself :D

• Like 1

A Skoda Superb driver who can't decide where to position himself at a T-Junction that he's blocking!

Absolutely top marks for stopping where you did, so many would just pile on up behind the other driver without even thinking about it.  :clap:

This was uber annoying the other day.

So I turn into this street... all the driver of the black car had to do was pause at the top of the hill, look round the parked cars and check if anything was coming... but no she couldn't be bothered. Then the sheep behind just followed through.

I've muted the audio due to all the naughty words from my mum and myself :D

You so have to share the audio too :D 

Lol. Nah don't think so. We sound so Yorkshire it's cringe worthy! hehe

This was a bit scary. Driving through town with a damp road and the back end slipped out on me! ESP saved my a**!

Was a bit embarrassing as the big Land Rover Discovery behind me followed at the same speed and had no problems! I've gone fast round there before too with no problems in previous cars and never had a tail end kick out on any car even when driving on the limit.

The previous owner has fitted some crap tyres (obviously to be able to afford them at 19"!) and they're dangerous in the wet.

The rears are Kenda Kaiser (Fuel F, Wet grip C and 75DB) and the fronts are Arrowspeed N1000 (Fuel E, Wet Grip C and 74DB).

So I've ordered a brand new set of 17" Saab alloys and getting some decent tyres fitted. Probably Uniroyal Rainsport 3.

Absolutely top marks for stopping where you did, so many would just pile on up behind the other driver without even thinking about it. :clap:

Thanks FUBAR. I always do that if I see someone blocking a T-Junction as 9 times out of 10 they have to move!

• Like 1

This was a bit scary. Driving through town with a damp road and the back end slipped out on me! ESP saved my a**!

Was a bit embarrassing as the big Land Rover Discovery behind me followed at the same speed and had no problems! I've gone fast round there before too with no problems in previous cars and never had a tail end kick out on any car even when driving on the limit.

The previous owner has fitted some crap tyres (obviously to be able to afford them at 19"!) and they're dangerous in the wet.

The rears are Kenda Kaiser (Fuel F, Wet grip C and 75DB) and the fronts are Arrowspeed N1000 (Fuel E, Wet Grip C and 74DB).

So I've ordered a brand new set of 17" Saab alloys and getting some decent tyres fitted. Probably Uniroyal Rainsport 3.

Show this to anyone who thinks that EU tyre ratings are worth the paper they're written on!

Show this to anyone who thinks that EU tyre ratings are worth the paper they're written on!

I know. I would have expected better from a C rated wet grip tyre! Even some premium brand tyres I've seen achieve this rating but I'm betting they'd still perform better than these budgets.

I've actually just looked up how tyres are tested as I didn't know. And as I suspected the test is carried out in a straight line. So I'm betting budget manufacturers focus on getting decent results in this test and not so much on actually producing a decent tyre that has good lateral grip in the wet too!

Sounds a bit like EU emissions testing too doesn't it?!

Edited by Phil-E

I know. I would have expected better from a C rated wet grip tyre! Even some premium brand tyres I've seen achieve this rating but I'm betting they'd still perform better than these budgets.

I've actually just looked up how tyres are tested as I didn't know. And as I suspected the test is carried out in a straight line. So I'm betting budget manufacturers focus on getting decent results in this test and not so much on actually producing a decent tyre that has good lateral grip in the wet too!

Sounds a bit like EU emissions testing too doesn't it?!

It's worse than that; the tests are also conducted by the manufacturer and not independently verified!

It's worse than that; the tests are also conducted by the manufacturer and not independently verified!

Wow. That's shocking!

I would certainly trust a decent brand to do a proper job then.

Wow. That's shocking!

I would certainly trust a decent brand to do a proper job then.

Phil, may I suggest also having the alignment double checked? I had a similar effect with decent tyres on....though at 60mph rather than 20-30mph! Was mainly caused by a touch of toe out on the rear n/s wheel.

Reminds me of this one from last Nov a bit LOL 

This is a common annoyance of mine on outskirts of our local estate. There is a clear give way sign before the island on the left of the road and it goes into a 30mph zone from a 40 just before.

Too many morons continue doing 40 up to the give way section, yet it is a very obstructed view on the bend so you cannot see what is coming until you're on top of it - same for me coming down the hill hence the pull out before going (obviously could see no lights coming, they clearly missed (!) my bright xenons).

Is it me or does anyone else see some pretty appalling driving from many Qashqui drivers?

Yep, them and Nissan Juke drivers.

Normally driven by Mum's rushing around after their kids. Driving standards are an after thought.

Kia Sportage's are joining that niche too.

My theory is it's because more and more cars are now lease cars in effect, hand them back after 3 years and don't give a rat's bottom within that time. Edited by AJ7788

Yep, them and Nissan Juke drivers.

Normally driven by Mum's rushing around after their kids. Driving standards are an after thought.

Kia Sportage's are joining that niche too.

Agree. When I'm on the school run, I always find it ironic the worst drivers and speeders are those parents getting their kids to school (mums and dads). Don't mind hitting someone else's kid at 35-40, as long as theirs gets to the school gate on time. Also parking on double yellows, blocking roads. Had a bit of an arguement with my (better) other half when she told me she's parked like that!! Edited by ToffeeMRD

A Mazda 121 (Ford Fiesta lookalike) decided to change their mind about waiting for a red light at a set of roadworks.

A Mitsubishi Space Star cuts the roundabout in front of me, happens all the time!

Edited by dan4291

I'm seeing people cutting roundabouts on an almost daily basis now! What is it that people don't understand?!

I must admit though we are a bit roundabout mad here. Plus we have a lot of either mini roundabouts which seem to flummox people or massive roundabouts with multiple lanes.

Roundabouts on the continent are much less used and they never have multiple lanes round them.

Plus they don't use them for motorways either:

US_131,_M-6,_68th_St_interchange.jpg

Haha!

And no they genuinely don't get it sometimes I think.

I've even seen it may times where they drive like that and are so focused on trying to get passed it they neglect to see the indicator flashing and nearly overtake as it turns off!

The beauty of DSG/Auto... look for a gap... see a gap... floor it and go!