The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

Wow that's a blast from the past quote lol

Just a bit new member so going through everything haha only just figured out how to upload photos never mind videos hahaha

• Like 1

Leaving Wells today and thought I was seeing things with the first car, but the second decided to jump the red light too!! THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND LACK OF BROKEN LINES GIVE YOU A CLUE IT ISN'T A GIVE WAY JUNCTION! Muted due to work call.

Edited by ToffeeMRD

Leaving Wells today and thought I was seeing things with the first car, but the second decided to jump the red light too!! THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND LACK OF BROKEN LINES GIVE YOU A CLUE IT ISN'T A GIVE WAY JUNCTION! Muted due to work call.

It's like the blind leading the blind!  :D

• Like 1

Sorry about quality, only uploaded like that due to pending prosecution (not my footage, sub off a fb page I run). Ended up being sent to the wrong page http://www.itv.com/news/utv/2017-02-02/dramatic-near-miss-captured-on-dashboard-camera/

Edited by FUBAR

7 minutes ago, Hyphons said:

16 minutes in and 1 like made me shed a tear :D surely I am more popular than that? :sweat:

No, you're really not. It's your own fault you know. You absconded from FB for one day and in those twenty-four hours people took their chance to block you because you wouldn't have noticed :tongueout:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

No, you're really not. It's your own fault you know. You absconded from FB for one day and in those twenty-four hours people took their chance to block you because you wouldn't have noticed :tongueout:

I did wonder where you had gone off my friends list :D

• Like 1

On 06/02/2017 at 16:27, FUBAR said:

Sorry about quality, only uploaded like that due to pending prosecution (not my footage, sub off a fb page I run). Ended up being sent to the wrong page http://www.itv.com/news/utv/2017-02-02/dramatic-near-miss-captured-on-dashboard-camera/

I was thinking her speed didn't deminish - even though she was on the oppposite hard shoulder! Glad she's being prosecuted, pure luck no one was seriously injured or killed. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2017 at 19:09, Hyphons said:

A few red light runners.. understandable in a way as they were behind a Skoda and probably thought I had broken down :D 

Admire the fact you didn't put your full beams on (don't know if you beeped)! Amazing they went through even with other cars coming - Taxi probably does that daily!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2017 at 20:01, ToffeeMRD said:

Admire the fact you didn't put your full beams on (don't know if you beeped)! Amazing they went through even with other cars coming - Taxi probably does that daily!

Watch it again lol 

Caught up on a few uploads today!

Came across this one night. Looks like a van hit a big animal, which you can just make out in the video, not sure what type of animal it is though.

An Arriva bus driver misses his stop and blocks the road, not a massive issue but a bit annoying at the time.

Spotted a Citroen Xsara Picasso with a mattress on the roof! Was held on with one big ratchet strap around the car!

Heading into Darlington station, the amount of cars that needed to move over surprised me, then had to dodge a Mini coming out of a parking space!

Stuck behind a lorry and car, an impatient Audi driver decides to overtake near a pedestrian crossing (the flowers were there after a cyclist was killed there a month ago) on a right hand bend too.

Look out for the cyclist wearing dark clothes on a fairly dark unlit country road with no lights riding down the wrong side of the road! We see him further down whilst waiting at some roadworks, riding off the road this time!

SWEARING ALERT! This one really riled me up! A van driver, who was on his phone, doesn't look and edges out of a junction as I'm coming towards him. In the end I have to swerve out of his way after he doesn't hear my horn! I then gesticulate to him to put his phone down, he has a problem with this and tailgates me just after this video ends. Really annoyed, even more so by the van driver's reaction, that somehow I'm the bad guy by having a problem with him breaking the law!

I was between drops this morning heading down one of the local motorways and met this impatient sod, made me go onto the shoulder! In all seriousness, this is why I record at work. 

On 06/02/2017 at 19:09, Hyphons said:

A few red light runners.. understandable in a way as they were behind a Skoda and probably thought I had broken down :D 

That is disgusting.... Appallingly bad driving... So what makes them think a red light doesn't apply to them?

Just now, Defenderben said:

That is disgusting.... Appallingly bad driving... So what makes them think a red light doesn't apply to them?

Losing 3 minutes or however long of their lives it was is clearly to much to bare, I get it was a bit of a pita with the lights not changing no matter what I did to entice them, but yeah completely reckless with no disregard, pretty sure it's muted because of the many curse words that I said :D 

14 hours ago, FUBAR said:

I was between drops this morning heading down one of the local motorways and met this impatient sod, made me go onto the shoulder! In all seriousness, this is why I record at work. 

See, I'd say that was 50/50 on where there were entries, and you were maybe both going too fast based on the argument that on single track you should be able to stop in half the distance you can see clear.

• Like 1