Superb II rear fog lights

Hi, I have a new Superb Estate and although it's a RHD I am in the military serving in germany. I have checked out a few threads on this issue on the site, however it would appear the LEDs are in the sealed unit and there does not appear to be LEDs in the LH cluster. My option was to fit a bespoke Fog Lamp to the bumper but am having issues with the cables. Can anyone assist with what colour I need to use. Thanks in advance. ( I don't want to buy a LH light cluster unless absolutely necessary)

Do you need to have two fog lamps? As you do have one fog lamp. If you do need two then did the seller/dealer know you were in the forces and going to live in Germany, if they did then they are responsible for ensuring that the car complies with the laws of the land.

Please do not put fogs attached to the bumper in any shape.

There are way of fitting the extra fog lamp and others will be along to advise better.

Danny 57 Thanks, The dealer knew I was in germany as it was through forces tax free. Headlights switched through the settings, however I had assumed that would sort fogs out also. No joy. The wiring is the same on both side, I have tried alsorts, switching L and R to test them but nothing. through other posts I see that the Octavia seem to have LEDs in both sides but from what I can see there are no LEDs in the L light cluster. I am under a bit of time pressure to get a light test or I will receive a Tax bill (complicated testing/registration rules so the rear lamp on bumper is a temp measure, but I am even struggling with that.

Monoab,

I had a forces car in the 70's and it is the suppliers duty to ensure that if you do need two fog lamps then they should do it or pay for someone to do it otherwise the car is not fit for purpose that you require.

You say that you have had the settings on the front head lamps changed. I thought that the settings were for "tourist" not for permanently living abroad, albeit three years which I believe requires full euro lights. I hope I am incorrect.

Sorry for not providing answers.

Edited by Danny 57

Are you sure there are no LED's in the nearside cluster? There should be three super-bright LED's in the lower portion of the cluster.

I'd be surprised if they weren't there. It should be a case of coding the car to operate with twin rear fogs.

I always thought it strange that the twindoor leaves the factory with both enabled but the estate doesn't.

gallery_superb_combi_7_201507280742.jpg

I think this is going to be another ODIS-e/VCP problem...

If I remember correctly, when I find example codes for sorting silvers car I noticed that newer superb's seemed to have different settings for the left/right fogs so if you make them both the same you should be able to resolve this.

Might be worth posting the part numbers of your current light clusters to check if they are handed or not.

• Like 1

I've already checked this out... I live in Norway and drive a LHD facelift superb wagon... On the drivers side its no leds inside the lamp.. :( Maybe the wiring is correct? Because when I code byte 18 to 84 and 85 in 09 cent electronics I get error from right fog lamp (I dont have leds there, so its not so strange..)

In that case the only solution is for the OP to replace their passenger side rear light cluster for one from a LHD car, and then have it coded.

You could simply attach an aftermarket fog light underneath the bumper but this would look a bit rubbish...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F1-style-12-LED-Rear-Tail-Brake-Stop-Light-Third-Strobe-Red-Lens-DRL-Fog-Lamp-/261447814520?hash=item3cdf810d78

Guys, thank you all for your assistance. Lasse was correct there is no LEDs fitted. The option was to buy a LHD LH Rear cluster and get Skoda to change the settings, I was under a bit of time pressure and to save the Tax Bill on my import I went for a temp option of fitting a lamp underneath. I very quickly removed it after my road test. This is my first use of the forum and found it very useful. Thanks again for your help.

When I was driving in Germany I had the impression that some cars had the fog light on the right, some had them on on the left and some had both switched on, and very few had one dead centre in the bumper. Where you stopped by police or why do you want to swap them?

When we were living in France, and had two RHD cars imported, we had to have the rear foglight added/moved for the control technique (MOT) so that it was on the side central to the road i.e. not curbside (if that makes sense).

I suppose it is because it is more visible to traffic behind on motorways and things?

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am trying to solve the same issue posted above. Here is my point. As I have Skoda SuperbII Estate here in Russia with only one fog light installed on left side which is driver's side in here. I was thinking about purchasing right rear fog light ordered from UK because I was pretty sure that in UK rear fog light shuld be installed at the right side of vehicle. So am right or I was just screwing myself up?

Edited by contractor

You are correct, in the UK the fog light is on the right hand (our drivers) side.

Yeah thank You.

Is there any chance to get part number for rear right light cluster? I will really appreciate your help guys. I think I could try to order it through the spare parts seller in Moscow requesting by exact part#.

There are two types of rear light cluster for the MkII Superb Combi.

The early version has standard filament bulbs for the night / tail light function (the red 'C' shape) with the lower bulb doubling up for the rear fog light, the latest version (as fitted to the MkII facelift) uses LED light tubes instead for the tail lights and a separate string of superbright LED's in one cluster for the fog light function.

NOTE: the indicator and reverse light bulbs are standard filament bulbs on both types of cluster.

Here is the older non-LED cluster, note the opaque lens over the reverse and indicator...

Skoda-Superb-estate-2011-lights.jpg

Then here is the latest LED rear cluster with the clear lens over the reverse and indicator bulbs. You can see here the three super bright LED's down at the bottom. The orientation of the reverse and indicator bulbs has changed too from one on top of the other to them both being next to each other instead...

E9-LED-rear-lights-superb-combi-01.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

i have one Qestion. 

I own  2010 combi, will the 2013 tail light fit in and function with no problem?

Has anyone try this? are there some modification required?

Many thanks

1 hour ago, basko87 said:

Hi, 

i have one Qestion. 

I own  2010 combi, will the 2013 tail light fit in and function with no problem?

Has anyone try this? are there some modification required?

Many thanks

I've done this with langers2k's help.

In short it's new light clusters; new black plastic covers and a new BCM

BCM replacement would be dependent on the version you've got currently on whether it will accept the coding for the LEDs (mine is a 2011and had a K revision, had to fit a Q revision for the coding to work).

• Thanks 1

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
   Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 Q    HW: 1K0 937 087 Q

Component: BCM PQ35  H   110 0651 

The part listed is the BCM, with the revision after it; generally the SW (software) and HW (hardware) revisions will match (unless HW has been flashed with a more recently SW)

Just to note, it is possible to fit too newer of a module:

• We originally fitted an AA module which had been flashed to AF and this worked - except it reduced the remote central locking range down to ~3 feet
  • This was replaced with a Q module (which both accepted the LED coding and restored normal central locking range)

48 minutes ago, Solarstorm said:

Just to note, it is possible to fit too newer of a module:

• We originally fitted an AA module which had been flashed to AF and this worked - except it reduced the remote central locking range down to ~3 feet

Turns out that wasn't due to module age.

I think it must have been destined for another market. If I remember correctly, the saw filter frequency was 433.92MHz and after replacing the saw filter with one for 434.42MHz, I was able to get the full fob range working.

Those numbers might be incorrect or the wrong way round but switching the saw filter did sort it :) 

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

Turns out that wasn't due to module age.

I think it must have been destined for another market. If I remember correctly, the saw filter frequency was 433.92MHz and after replacing the saw filter with one for 434.42MHz, I was able to get the full fob range working.

Those numbers might be incorrect or the wrong way round but switching the saw filter did sort it :) 

Interesting; risk of buying online from another country!

Thanks for confirming on that; it's good to know (and makes sense that everything else worked fine!)