Broker purchasing experiences

You could try Carfile. My local came close to matching the Carfile quote so I went with them, but even so, Carfile put you in touch with an actaul dealer when you go through with the order like Carwow. I Found Carwow quotes very poor when I tried.

I don't know what it was but my gut wasn't wanting to take an online sale without any apparrent dealer involvement. Probably just me being old fashioned!

+1 for Carfile.  I used them to purchase both my Octy vRS and my dads new Golf.  Have to say Jonathan was excellent throughout.

NCD told me they had placed the order with Skoda. I assumed at the time that that was via a Skoda dealer but in view of Zapirian's comment above looks like my assumption was incorrect.

Having been away from this forum for a long time since buying my Octavia I'm back again for help buying a Superb.

Think I've read most of the new Superb threads and the idea of buying from a broker seems pretty interesting. I've been to my local dealer and had a test drive in their newly arrived L&K 190 dsg estate and want one :)

I was thinking of the S EL executive 190 DSG and from a list of £30,555 with metallic and spare wheel they would go to £28,300 for cash purchase. NCD who I discovered from this thread will do it for £23,830. Carwow have come back with prices that are + or- a few hundred of the local dealers price.

I could even go to the L&K from NCD and pay £1k less than the dealer price for the SEL.

So it comes down to trusting new-car-discount. I've deliberately avoided review sites for references as they could be fake. Looking for forum posts (here and elsewhere) of successful completed transactions they seem hard to find and previous requests here (not by me) don't have replies. I've looked at what financials I can see for free on line and they are a plc with 14M turnover making 1.3M profit and been around since 2003. On scoobynet I found a thread saying they went bust in 2006 but could not confirm that anywhere so maybe its someone else.

I've seen that others have placed orders and the deposit is only £500 which can be on credit card so no worries there, but balance 24hrs before delivery means bank transfer without seeing the car first. Just looking for some reassurance...

Thanks.

Fortunately I'm only about an hour's drive from them so, if necessary, I'm going to go over there and inspect the car then come back and organise the transfer and proceed from there.

In my dealings with NCD they state they buy in bulk to get discount directly from Skoda, not via dealers.

I would be amazed if Skoda would do deals to undercut their dealers . All I know is a day on the phone got me a cracking deal from a dealer I could meet. In the end if your happy go with it

Edited by Stuart_J
  • Like 1

I wonder how they justify this to the dealer channel?

Not sure who 'they' are but Skoda UK (and many of their dealers) have a fleet division who have differently configured calculators, volumes and expense ratios.

Not much different from the many diverse areas of international business.

The answer is they can produce numbers which support their business model, whether rollocks or not.

• Like 1

NCD have my deposit for a L & K 190 estate in Cappucino beige with beige leather. Spare wheel is the only extra. Delivery to be confirmed but told 12 weeks is most likely.

I didn't go back to the local dealer as there is no way they could get near the price.

They gave me a trade in figure for my Octavia that seems a bit low but the trade in is optional so it gives me fall back option if I don't sell it nearer to delivery time.

looking forward to seeing others here get their cars from NCD without problems.

Oh and i did ask if the deposit and final payment are both to them - answer was yes. Credit card protection to £30k will apply. If the balance was paid to a 3rd party (ie supplying dealer) there would not be credit card protection.

• Like 1

NCD have my deposit for a L & K 190 estate in Cappucino beige with beige leather. Spare wheel is the only extra. Delivery to be confirmed but told 12 weeks is most likely.

I didn't go back to the local dealer as there is no way they could get near the price.

They gave me a trade in figure for my Octavia that seems a bit low but the trade in is optional so it gives me fall back option if I don't sell it nearer to delivery time.

looking forward to seeing others here get their cars from NCD without problems.

Oh and i did ask if the deposit and final payment are both to them - answer was yes. Credit card protection to £30k will apply. If the balance was paid to a 3rd party (ie supplying dealer) there would not be credit card protection.

Will you be named as first owner on V5?

I wonder how they justify this to the dealer channel?

From the FAQ on NCD website;

"Will my new car be supplied by a UK car dealer?

Yes, all cars supplied by New-Car-Discount come from franchised UK car dealers."

From the NCD website;

"first registration offer not pre registered, free trailered delivery included"

Yes. they confirmed that.

From the FAQ on NCD website;

"Will my new car be supplied by a UK car dealer?

Yes, all cars supplied by New-Car-Discount come from franchised UK car dealers."

I'd seen that as well. I was told on the phone they order direct from Skoda, the car goes to a UK dealer for pre-delivery inspection and then gets trailer delivered to me from the dealer.

On Monday,Lookers at Guildford, off the A3, showed me their impressive L K Superb Estate in black with beige interior. Very, very nice!

I needed to see it in the flesh, so to speak, and I was more than impressed.

Having read many postings, on 17th Sept, just ordered, through the Skoda Store, getting an excellent competitive price, for Sel Executive estate 1.4 TSI Dsg , beige leather, panoramic sunroof, front and rear sensors, metallic, Led package, delivery scheduled mid November with my specific extras.

Paid my deposit of 2,500, received written confirmation from Skoda dealership in the mail confirming all the figures.

The dealer confirmed I will be the 1st registered owner, 36 months skoda warranty, 1 year road. Tax, 3 years RAC free delivery if I want it. They will not retain the V5c

So far I am very happy with the price, The Skoda Store process, and the Skoda Dealer handling my order.

Of course, there is still a way to go until I get it, but it has been all very professionally handled and at this point in time I am happy..

I also followed up advice on the forum to obtain car insurance and was more than happy with Chris Knott insurance who gave me a quote of £320 which is £130 less than Allianz my present insurer.Gap insurance £150 covers the first 3 years.

I am presently tracking my order via "track skoda.co.uk". 1st time I checked my delivery was showing end of December, now showing 2nd week in November.

Ball park figures, I am hoping to get the model and spec I want with a saving of approx 4K.

Hope this will be of help to anyone interested. But ! My purchase process is not yet complete, although I am more than happy so Far.

Hi,

Has any Forum member actually bought & received a car via New Car Discount ? If so, comments, thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards, Tisca

In view of the current furore I have today cancelled my order via NCD - no fault whatsoever of NCD, it's just that after waiting 3 years for the new Superb my faith in the claims of Skoda / VAG have been demolished overnight and I just can't bring myself to buy one of their cars at this time.

John at NCD has agreed to refund my deposit although he says that he will take the hit as his is no refundable from the dealer he places the order with.

As I'm a natural born cynic I would be surprised if that was the case.

He has said that he would prefer that I take any future inquiries of mine elsewhere however so it seems he is not impressed by my decision not to buy from the crooks at VAG.

I have had quite a few (frustrating, to me) email exchanges over the last few days beginning with mine informing him over my severe disquiet about the VAG fraud investigations and my conclusion is that I am less than bothered that he would prefer that I would not darken his door again.

At the time of typing the refund hasn't appeared in my account but the wheels of the banking industry turn slowly. I'll update tomorrow.

I didn't have any problems otherwise with the order but information about build dates and so on was not awfully forthcoming.

EDIT 25/09/15 - For the record, John at NCD is a man of his word. I have now received full refund of my deposit.

• Like 1

In view of the current furore I have today cancelled my order via NCD - no fault whatsoever of NCD, it's just that after waiting 3 years for the new Superb my faith in the claims of Skoda / VAG have been demolished overnight and I just can't bring myself to buy one of their cars at this time.

It would be nice if the claimed MPG was anywhere near the real MPG but it wouldn't stop me getting another VAG car just because the emissions were slightly higher than stated.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I sat in a dealer 6 months old demonstrator hoping to get a test drive. I was looking for a L&K 4x4 which I was told it was. I pointed out that it was 2WD and not much point in the test drive. A waste of a day.

I went with a new car in the end through NCD. The deal was way under what the dealer was offering for the demonstrator...and I got 4x4 with far more extras. The only drawback of course is the 18 weeks wait.

Nick at NCD has been very informative and helpful so far.

They use Skoda fleet services dealers across the regions and my car will arrive on a low loader to my door.

Nick has given me a date of June 24th delivery to the dealer.

I used Carwow for my Superb and can't fault them. Most of the experience will be dependant upon how good your dealer is, as they basically drive the whole thing after the initial contact process. 

• Administrators

There is a problem on the horizon. Dealers providing services to brand customers, those customers, you and I then go and buy online via fleet, which bears no 'sales' cost at all.

I do predict a change towards brand sponsored showrooms for sales, then local 'independent' service centres, but not for donkeys years. In a different tier of the market, the likes of Tesla who are changing things slowly too.

That said if you're thinking about using something like carwow, for your new new Skoda, think about our own service. We're using trusted dealers, supporters of this community to provide you with a low price ,delivery if needed, fuel, mats etc. I can almost guarantee it's the same if not a better deal than carwow ;)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/388347-buy-your-new-skoda-here-exclusive-prices/

It's not as polished as carwow, but I've not had several million pounds of investment ;) 

With the amount of information on the Internet, such as excellent forums like this, I felt fully informed to be able to purchase a Superb without the need to talk to a sales person.

I would have been happy to have purchased the car direct for the Skoda website, especially if they then give you a full online tracking for order, through build to delivery. Leaves the garages to do the after sales/service and perhaps be a center for test drives (without the sales push).

When looking for cars I popped into VW and got the full dis-interested-yet-still-pushy sales experience (how do they do that? it's an art) and mentioned I'd just be as happy clicking a buy button online and giving my deposit. Salesman looked at me and said he'd be out of a job. I looked at him for a moment. We left to buy a Skoda.

• Like 2

Tried carwow. Excellent site. Showed the best deal to my local Skoda dealer and they beat it so went local. Basically carwow did the haggle on my behalf and cut through the crap.

Really? Prices we got through carwow were crap compared to the brokers such as NCD and coast2coast. That was 6 months ago mind.

We ordered our Superb 4 x 4 L & K 150 manual in Magnetic brown last November & are due to take delivery by the end of this month ( March)

Delays due to the wheels & leather apparently.

Made order with Nick at NCD after having a good look around & trying several Skoda dealers for costs.

In theory were paying for the car without the instant depreciation of leaving the forecourt. Bonus.

Also worked out the same as buying the SE at a dealer but getting the L&K for the same money :p

Shall keep forum up dated. 

Apparently NCD have 20 L&K's sitting at docks ready for delivery to dealer network for distribution there after.

4 months wait is almost over.

Just hope delivery & transfer all goes as smoothly as the DCC was in the test car we tried.