Adaptive Cruise

Is it possible to turn the adaptive off and revert to standard cruise ?

If not how does it fare on non motorway roads ? I use my cruise on the Scout all the time across the full spectrum of roads.

Nick_H,

I drove a Superb III for over 170 miles a few weeks ago and used the ACC a lot on all types of roads but never felt in control as it constantly and obviously kept slowing down when you came up to a vehicle in front. You are able to change the distance in which the adaptive part takes effect though. There is a way of disabling the "Active" part but I do not know yet. I am due on a Skoda day out on the 17th September so will try to remember to ask then.

Edited by Danny 57
  • Like 1

You can de-select ACC assist in settings and then it is normal cruise. I have used the ACC on Superb III and its great. It also picks up cars in the RHL so you don't undertake automatically like some are moaning about on other posts. If you do want to then just press the accelerator and let the ACC take over again when you`re ready. It goes right down to standstill in queuing traffic. No complaints.

Warning: it is a cruise assist feature not a city-safe system like on Volvo, i don`t believe it stops you around town. It gave me an audible alert to brake in town traffic but i didnt get the feeling it was going to stop....!

• Like 2

You can de-select ACC assist in settings and then it is normal cruise.

This is really great, if true, as I also use cruise control all the time and normal cruise would be better in some circumstances.

However, I could not find the option listed in the manuals http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/mini-apps/owners-manuals/superb

There seems to be possibility to activate/deactivate Front assist, Lane assist, Driver alert, etc, but not that option for ACC. See page 66 here:

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Superb_3V/05-2015/Navigation/Amundsen_Bolero/B8_Superb_Amundsen_Bolero_InfotainmentSystem_Navigation.pdf

But, if you have seen that working, that's nice!

Did I not read somewhere that this autonomous braking (Traffic Jam assist?) is only on DSG models though?

No it is on the manuals too, and ACC is still useful on motorways where speed may vary a bit but still remain in top gear. Just useless for the traffic jams as it would stall.

No it is on the manuals too, and ACC is still useful on motorways where speed may vary a bit but still remain in top gear. Just useless for the traffic jams as it would stall.

Not really, you can change down, pressing the clutch doesn't switch off the cruise

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Not really, you can change down, pressing the clutch doesn't switch off the cruise

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the SII or SIII here? On the SII it definitely deactivates the cruise control when you dip the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the SII or SIII here? On the SII it definitely deactivates the cruise control when you dip the clutch.

I have it on the octavia 3 . I assume that ACC is the same regardless of model. On my yeti standard cruise was deactivated by the clutch but ACC is not.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have it on the octavia 3 . I assume that ACC is the same regardless of model. On my yeti standard cruise was deactivated by the clutch but ACC is not.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying.

CC is not deactivated in the Octy 3 when you touch the clutch pedal, it is when you touch the brake though.

In my old SII if you touched the clutch or brake it was deactivated. I had a **** myself moment first time I went to deactivate the CC in the Octy 3 by changing down a gear as she accelerated almost into the back of the car in front. As I wasn't expecting that my reactions were a little delayed, proper brown moment until she slowed enough not to rear end the BMW X5 with towbar!

Now that I am used to it it works a treat on steep hills on autobahn and going through the Alps.

As for ACC in the SIII I am curious to see how it works with a manual, although if it reacts as it does to standard CC I'll be happy.

• 1 month later...

Has any user been able to confirm if SuperbIII has city brake? I have used the ACC and it works well in slowing down to standstill and works in crawling traffic. But what happens in town situations without ACC on? Will it stop like a Volvo and other cars now do to avoid collision or will it just give you a warning signal and still hit the car in front? Anyone know? (Otherwise I`ll have to wait until i get mine next month and experiment with a large cardboard box!)

As I understood it if you have ACC you automatically have city emergency brake for speeds less than 18mph.

My Golf has ACC and definitely has city brake as it has gone off a few times (stage 1 warning bit) mainly with police cars/cyclists and highly reflective surfaces close to my car as I pass them. A big red symbol comes on the dash and if it thinks you are about to hit it will stick the brakes on!

Not tried the ACC without the "A" not sure if it does.

Read this:http://www.skoda.fi/shared/en/models/new-superb/pages/safety.aspx

Has any user been able to confirm if SuperbIII has city brake? I have used the ACC and it works well in slowing down to standstill and works in crawling traffic. But what happens in town situations without ACC on? Will it stop like a Volvo and other cars now do to avoid collision or will it just give you a warning signal and still hit the car in front? Anyone know? (Otherwise I`ll have to wait until i get mine next month and experiment with a large cardboard box!)

Yes, the Superb has City Brake as standard with radar equipped vehicles (ACC), part of the Front Assist system.

Works with or without ACC enabled. The radar is constantly monitored.

No it probably won't work as well as the Volvo. In an ADAC 6-vehicle comparison test using a dummy slower moving and a stationary vehicle the Volvo came out best, stopping in both cases. Audi A7 and VW Passat came 3rd and 4th behind Mercedes, although the Passat got special mention that it did stop before collision in the stationary vehicle test. No Skoda models were included in the test. (Infiniti came last, behind BMW) Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6u9HZEDmfA

Have fun crushing boxes. You won't get much of a radar return from a cardboard box!!!

As for my Superb, I had the red vicinity warning flash briefly when a pillock cut right across my nose to exit the motorway at the very last moment, but not close enough or long enough to warrant auto-braking.

This is an "Assist" I would not want to test just to see if it works. I pray it simply works when it's needed, which hopefully will be never.