7 Degrees this morning: Got your WINTERS on yet?

Chan110

Weather Warnings tonight & tomorrow for Wales and Scotland,

so a chance for some to get use of those winter tyres just after the start of the meteorological Spring.

You guys call it spring already?

Lucky b@st@rds...

Rainy , sleety & snowy so it can be Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter in Scotland.

Waiting for the Lambing Snows to come so maybe next week.

I wanted some new A/T Tyres and not Winters so i thought if they are good enough for Ariel to fit to the Nomad for road use i would give Yokahama Geolandar A/Ts 

a go on something less powerful.

They are not expensive at £75 each so looking forward to getting them on and seeing if they are any good on the snow.

post-86161-0-64878500-1456931517_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-01647200-1456931542_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-37925700-1456931623_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-20580700-1456931632_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

I've driven up hill and down dale in snow / blizzard conditions on summers (Rainsports) - zero problems - I'm far from convinced on winter tyres.

I've driven up hill and down dale in snow / blizzard conditions on summers (Rainsports) - zero problems - I'm far from convinced on winter tyres.

Come n try moving my fully loaded T5 in this snow when its got summers on then

Not gonna happen (:

• Like 1

Come n try moving my fully loaded T5 in this snow when its got summers on then

Not gonna happen (:

Fair dos - I should have qualified and said I can't see the benefit as far as I'm concerned.

Then you havent driven in winterconditions. Some wet slush on the road aint winter :p

You should try to take spin around here, on summers you would probably make it around 100m from my House untill you would get stuck or slide backwards.

• Like 1

Did a drive over the "best drivers roads in Scotland" posted above....just my local roads...hehe

So picked up a mate & headed down the Grantown to Braemar road in the morning before the gritters had been out, temp was -5C to -8C, road dry, no snow, but nice & slidy with black ice in places even triggered a nice ESP activation on a couple of switch backs on a single track section, & that was with nice Michelin Alpin A5s with full tread! If no winters on, then that whole road would have been no go!

• Like 2

Fair dos - I should have qualified and said I can't see the benefit as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah fair shout mate.

Novway the T5 would be movin today if it was on summers.

But its fitted with winters and im still able to get to my jobs and earn a days wage. Otherwise id be out of pocket.

They pay for themselves in less than a day when the weathers like this

• 2 weeks later...

Time to change to summer tyres now? (to get the better mpg now petrol prices are creeping up again and a budget this week coming?)

Forecast for the mid teens up North today but then there are still nights and mornings below freezing and lambing snows to come. There is still winter fuel in the filling stations and winter tyres make so little difference in fuel used. Location location decides when the winters come off and usually they do not unless June July dictates.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

Lovely day, but still abit chilly this evening. 

Bike was saying 3C on the tops, its not that accurate, i think its subject to abit of wind chill, so maybe 4 or 5. 

Gritters out non the less

I wish they wouldnt! I've got all seasons on the Fab, but i wouldnt be taking winters off just yet if i used them!