Remote Key for Octavia Base Model 1.6 CR

Dennis lilley

Hi

I have a 2012 1,.6 CR Diesel Octavia and have had it from nearly new.  It has been a good car but not having a remote key option has been annoying beyond belief.

1.  The number of times I have got in trouble with the Mrs because her door does not open when I opened drivers door, always forgot to turn key twice.

2.  Went to put item in boot......grhh its locked so have to go back to drivers door and open twice to get into boot....grhhhhhh

When I took the car for its first service I asked my Skoda Agent if I could add a remote key, was told not on base model.  So I decided I would wait to warranty had expired then fit and after market one.

When the warranty ran out I read various forums and stuff on bloggs.  On one of them I read you only need to ad a courtesy control unit that plugs in under passenger footwell.  I mentioned this on my recent service and they spoke to technician.   GUESS WHAT, my car only needed a key and it to be programmed!!!  So £130 and now I have full remote factory control.  Yet three years ago was told no can't be done by same dealer.  I am sure there are other threads about this problem on here.  But if you own a car without remote key, push your dealer, it took them 30 mins to sort mine!

Incidentally I have just added a removable witter tow bar and  wireless parking sensors, if any advice is needed.

Regards

Dennis