First Service Stamp?

GreyBear

My Black Edition Citigo has its first service tomorrow. I was hoping that you're able to get a stamp to say 'Hey! I've had my first service!' but I've been told that you don't get anything like that. Does anyone know if you can have a complimentary service stamp at the Skoda dealership?

On a separate issue, in my leather-style handbook containing owner's manual, roadside assistance details etc. there doesn't appear to be a service history book at all. There's a service schedule, but no service history book? Should I have been given one or is this provided at the dealership?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards -

GreyBear

No stamp, no book to stamp it in :-) The record if electronic only, but you should get a service print out for your records.

Really? No stamps? That's s shame. This is my first new car - my last car I had for over 9 years, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Really? No more stamps? That's terrible! I'll try and contain my disappointment :'(

As Chris GB said. There is no service book anymore and the service info is stored electronically. My Octavia had a card sleeve in the handbook wallet to keep the print outs in.

Just had the first service and health check on my Yeti and I got a set of printouts one of which was the complete record back to delivery inspection. They also sent me an email with a link to a video created by the technician doing the health check which I've downloaded to keep. I must admit I had reservations about the change and I still think that there is an element of 'driving' customers to the dealerships for service but on the whole I think my fears and doubts have been allayed. It does mean that the wad of paper that will build up in due course will be mush thicker but hey ho...

Odd I have a service book and they stamped it!! Did they stop doing service books after a certain point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume it was early this year, my major was in January, pretty certain I had a stamp

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Ours was first registered in Novmber 2014. No service book, just the printout confirming that the PDI had been carried out early in November and another one for an oil change service last week.

Took delivery of my Citigo on 31 July 2015 and it came with a Service Plan booklet, but as has been said no spaces for dealer service stamps. There is a blank page at the back so maybe that could be used if needed and there is a place to store documents at the back. The first page has a sticker attached which is the vehicle data sticker which I was told contains all the relevant information (in codes) about the car. Service interval for mine is shown as QI4.

*Update* Sorry for the delay. My 1st service went well. Though they didn't solve the slightly creaky door/ speaker problem :( Is it really work them taking it back again? They took my car out on a test drive for quite a while :envy:

Regarding the service handbook... No. There definitely wasn't one. Dealership advised all now online. After each service you'll get a print off from the dealership showing all history. However, you ever take your vehicle away from the main dealership and information won't be recorded. I think that was the gist of it.

I did *buy* a service book inc. spaces for stamps for £9.00. Just in case I end up keeping the vehicle after the 3 year plan and want a visual record to show prospective buyers. That book could have been included in the posh looking leather style handbook when the vehicle was purchased... but, no. I paid £9.00.

Hmm I didn't get a printout after my first service :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your vehicle is on a lease which includes maintenance, I believe the leasing company will get the paperwork. However I'm sure, if you asked the dealer, they'd give you a copy to keep for your own records.

I didn't know you could request one :(

As I mentioned in my previous post, the printout that I was given without having asked for it included the pre-delivery 'service' so I'm assuming that year on year a full printout will be supplied with each service showing the complete story back to 'day one'. I say complete because it won't include any work done outside the network of Skoda dealers. It sounds as if there are also smaller independant garages that are VAG approved that can input to the system though. Have to wait and see I suppose.

• Like 1