What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

A big thank you to Superbdream :thumbup: who scanned my Yeti for fault's none found :biggrin:and changed the KPM to MPH :cool:with VCDS a very helpful friendly gent unknown to me when i got to his place for the work to be done we have met before small world also  thanks to Gizmo68 :thumbup:for posting a technical how to so this could be done .:) 

• Like 1

Filled the back of it to the brim, with the cardboard packing from 11 doors we've had fitted in the house, and took 'em to the tip.

Tomorrow it will be the same with 11 old doors, but in 2 trips I think.

• Like 1

Strictly yesterday but...

left it and the Civic alone so I could tax the MX5 and go for a blast...

then hoovered it out as it was full of sawdust (did some woodwork in the garage over the winter with the car in there with the roof down - bad move!).

Oh and I also fixed the kids tandem adult go-kart again...

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wardy said:

All good - cobwebs fully blown away now I hope? :biggrin:

yep - started first time after making sure the battery was topped up.  Only downside is it looks like I've got a small oil leak - probably the cam sensor O-ring (or cam cover gasket) but it's probably 10 years since I last replaced it so no great shakes - it needs a full service with all fluids anyway...

• Like 1

Fabia on its roof on Broadway (fish) hill in the escape lane. Know what he/she did not do is make the corner. Should have bought a focus or Clio or something that handles!

4 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Fabia on its roof on Broadway (fish) hill in the escape lane. Know what he/she did not do is make the corner. Should have bought a focus or Clio or something that handles!

Iv'e been up and down fish hill many a time in my younger day's quite often there would be a vehicle in the escape road .:o

6 hours ago, JED said:

Iv'e been up and down fish hill many a time in my younger day's quite often there would be a vehicle in the escape road .:o

My favorite local road.

Climb to a thousand feet up  towards the tower.  Probably rate the Devil's Bridge to Aberystywth as better overall but certainly one of the most challenging roads in England I reckon.

The Fabia 2 VRS felt well out of sorts on there and was crying out for a lowering kit and stiff roll bars but never got round to it.  looking for something for the summer, something like a XJR maybe.    

Edited by lol-lol

Nice video long time since i'v been on two wheel's got 750 GT Kawasaki prop parked under a cover for 17 year's i think its still there .:thinking:

Set up the blue tooth on the yeti today don't know how i done it scroll here OK there search it works . :dance:

Dropped it back at the local garage to get a new pipe fitted to the EGR (and a few other things replaced) after Ratty nibbled through it.

On 2017-5-3 at 05:03, lol-lol said:

My favorite local road.

Climb to a thousand feet up  towards the tower.  Probably rate the Devil's Bridge to Aberystywth as better overall but certainly one of the most challenging roads in England I reckon.

The Fabia 2 VRS felt well out of sorts on there and was crying out for a lowering kit and stiff roll bars but never got round to it.  looking for something for the summer, something like a XJR maybe.    

Is that your Yamaha?

2 hours ago, CWARD said:

Is that your Yamaha?

Noooo, thinks it is a 4 cylinder UJM.  

My bike has a blue full fairing, only two cylinders and not sure it would pull up the hill like that, probably come down the hill quite quick with my potential energy being converted in to kinetic.

Edited by lol-lol

On 5/4/2017 at 17:10, CWARD said:

I thought it was quick for a 300. I was watching with no sound so couldn't tell what type of engine. 

We like to think of the R3 as in the 350 class in the great tradition of the RD 350 LCs and the like.

Similar Standing quarter and 0-60 ie 14 second 400 meters and terminally in the 90s and 0-60 in 5 seconds.     

Would like to to a R3 tweaked version, Yoshimura etc, with a similar performance to the old YPVS RD 350 LC ie 59 hp from a bike that weighs less than 150 kgs 

and 100 mph in its 400m standing quarter in 13.5 seconds.

Will have a jaunt up Fish hill and see what she will do between the two corner sets, think the UJM was hitting around a ton.

Gave the Citigo a snowfoam and wash ready for the Yorkshire meet tomorrow. Also finally got around to fitting the Skoda sill protectors to the Citigo too. 

De-tarred, washed and put on the summer wheels on the Octavia. Going to attempt the change the door harness on the Roomster in a bit.

Phoned Skoda parts Dept. in Wandsworth to find out the price of a replacement offside electric door mirror after some kind $$#* destroyed mine while car was parked - car was hard in to the curb, mirrors were folded in too!

Kind $$#* also put a burn scuff in the front wheel arch. Did they leave their details you ask? Did they f**k. 

Grrrrrr. Boy do I wish my dashcam had a longer park mode. 

Just to put a damper on things, I went by London Underground and bus to two locations this week and, having not done this for some time, was mightly impressed by the new rolling stock (On road and rail) and the frequency of the service and seemingly reduced journey times - on the basis of experience gained 10 years ago, I budgeted for  2.25 -2.5 hour for one journey and was pleasantly surprised that it only took 1 hour 40, doo-to-door for 14 miles (As the trains go).

Nick

Renewed the insurance on the Superb..... A quick call brought the renewal price down by £100 and to approx £25 less than the two new quotes i had got. (One of which was for the existing company but as a new customer).

Means i don't get to receive a Star Wars Oleg though. :rolleyes:

Took her in to Norton Way Skoda (AKA Wimbledon Park Honda) to have the sideswipe-damaged mirror repaired - now good as new, and not as expensive as I had first feared. Haven't polished out the scuff on the front wing yet though.  Still considering a dash cam with a much longer park mode.  

Unfortunately I sold my beloved VRS :crying: had it from new and very sad to see it go. Expanding family now requires 7 seating capabilities, tried the new Kodaiq it's to small!

The fella who bought it got a bargain.

Only took me 18 months to do this subtle mod...

From a std L&K wheel:

IMG_1289_zpsff9fozrm.jpg

To a FBSW from a vRS (c/w vRS badge that I was never happy with):

IMG_1335_zps4fv5ozrw.jpg

To this (sans vRS badge):

IMG_2608_zpshdpw3gwi.jpg

IMO this looks better than my 1st choice which was to go for the shorter trim to fit the FBSW (some 3M carbon vinyl that I had sitting around for the last 3 years) :blush:

• Like 2

Nice job Gizmo! :cool:

Ran through the usual VCDS tweaks on the Yeti - big Speedo etc.

Fitted mudflaps all round today, which I treated with Wolf's Trim Coat first.

Also applied Trim Coat to the plastic areas of the engine bay. And took the fabric mats out and treated those with Chemical Guys Fabric Protectant :)

Finally popped on the customary R8 oil cap... :kiss:

IMG_20170520_175629.jpg

IMG_20170520_175633.jpg

• Like 1