Laptop Donations?.. for Colin D or a Mod.

B33fy

IIRC there was a thread from Colin?? about donating laptops to a good cause? I've a couple of Dell Laptops in good working order that need a good home, happy to donate if the request is still valid, just need to know how..

Cheers..

Mike

• Administrators

Back from a few days in the woods, no bears or unicorns spotted. 

The laptops were indeed for the Nepal Yolmo School program. I think I saw Corin was back in the UK. 

There site is here: http://www.yolmoconnect.org/the-charity.html best bet as Corin needs 'certain' models, dell sounds ok, compatible parts/spares canobilisation etc. Drop him a mail he'll be more than made up for the thought alone :)

:clap:  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but someone was going to throw out a core2duo laptop.. She ended up donating it to an elderly neighbour of mine who had her computer (windows XP) become unusable.

I shoved Linux (Mint) on there and she's able to get to her emails which makes her happy :)

It doesn't run half bad either :)

If they don't want them / need them any more i could do with one ;)

I could also make very good use of a spare laptop for a little project I've an idea for :)

More than welcome, just swing buy with a charitable donation.. a bulls eye a machine sounds reasonable and they are all yours :)

• Like 1

I posted a little tongue in cheek tbh not expecting either of you to contemplate heading to Kent to pick up. They are what they are.. Both Dell Inspiron's a 5040 and a 1545, both in black, basic spec, newish HDD in the 1545 (250gb or 500gb IIRC) originally running windows 7 and Vista respectively both working with no chunks out the cases. I don't want to get involved in the detail, images, or selling etc, hence donating to a good cause.