BBC2 'Building Cars Live'.

Ootohere

Pretty mainstream stuff. Steel delivered. Robots do their stuff. It's painted. Built up inside and shipped out. Why it has to be two one and a half hour programmes I don't know. The guy wanting JM out of the way of the shutter door was funny - like above, I think he'd have punched him if he hadn't moved. 

The electric cars item in Norway was interesting though. Does make me wonder whether it's viable or not, or could be made to be. I know they get taxed a lot there so maybe it's heavily subsidised whereas here, it'll be down to "the market". Good old politics....

The UK has been doing the £5,000 Grant for EV's in the UK long enough now and are still not winning that many over.

Time now to give £5,000 to anyone that scraps a Diesel Engine Vehicle that is over 6 years old if they buy a

Petrol car with Low Euro 6 Emission under 110ps or a full EV vehicle not a Hybrid & they keep it for at least 4 years.

& only to buy / lease 'Built in Britain Cars only;

and put 2 fingers up to those manufacturing in Mainland Europe.

Call the EU Bluff before the 'In Out Referendum and see if the EU throws the UK out.

P.S. I found the programme dull.. Really dull.  Dull, Dull, Dull.

I have to say dull lots of times.  Just like James had to say "body in white" lots of times.  That's what holds the viewers' attention.  Repetition.  Lots of repetition.  Repetition.

Dull.

Well perhaps I'm easily pleased but I thought it was a great program,very interesting to see a 1000 mini's roll of the line in a day with robots doing a lot of the build and changing paint colours automatically and that made me start to think what's happening on the VAG production lines at the moment in the states,have they all come to a sudden halt with a stockpile of thousands of VW not up to American spec or are the shipping them over to Europe.?