Water collecting under door

If there's been raining over night or the car has been washed, water collects under the drivers door and floods out when the door is opened.

Does anybody know a fix for this as my car is going in to the local dealer for the to look at this and I would like it sorted before we get to freezing weather.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi. Do you have the part number for these new seals?

No sorry...I complained to Skoda UK on their FB page about it, they got in contact and got the dealer to replace them with new modded ones..

No sorry...I complained to Skoda UK on their FB page about it, they got in contact and got the dealer to replace them with new modded ones..

The reason I ask is that I'be had this issue on 4 Skodas (2x Fabia and 2xOctavia). I read about modified seals on this forum but none of my local dealers seem to know anything about them. They also can't find a part number for such seals on the parts database. So I'm a bit lost until I can get hold of a part number.

Thanks for replying anyway.

The reason I ask is that I'be had this issue on 4 Skodas (2x Fabia and 2xOctavia). I read about modified seals on this forum but none of my local dealers seem to know anything about them. They also can't find a part number for such seals on the parts database. So I'm a bit lost until I can get hold of a part number.

I got the same reply from my dealer as well.

Ill pm you tonight when i get home with the guy at Skoda UK's phone number. The dealers dont know zip about the problem or if they do they don't care.
  • Like 1

Presumably these 'modded' seals are standard fit on new cars??

good question.

had my car for a month now and it has been raining almost every day since i collected the car and i have no problems With water under the doors

• Like 1

Presumably these 'modded' seals are standard fit on new cars??

Not so sure. I've got a small amount of discharge from mine when I open the door up. But I'm parked on a sloped drive so maybe that's why.

Would say it's massive but I notice it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there is a technical bulletin for this. The dealer wouldn't tell me the number but the description of the fix is in the bulletin.

They have just modified my door seals to clear the drain holes.

Keep nagging at your dealer while the car is under warranty.

Good luck :sun:

Not so sure. I've got a small amount of discharge from mine when I open the door up. But I'm parked on a sloped drive so maybe that's why.

Would say it's massive but I notice it.

Me too. Parked on a downward slope in my drive and every time I open the front doors there is a splash of water by the front edge of the door (hinge area)

Me too. Parked on a downward slope in my drive and every time I open the front doors there is a splash of water by the front edge of the door (hinge area)

same place as mine has a "wee" from. Sometimes it's more noticeable that other times (not rain fall related though) and for the record, it does this on both sides. I've not tested the rear doors yet.

Been reading this topic as my Car suffers from this,THERE IS A FIX for this.

Thanks to Keith64 who's car had the problem but now fixed i rang Skoda UK told them the problem they contacted my dealers.

I called in at my dealers and they say it is fixable by the Door Seals being adjusted as they block a drain hole in the door sill don't know where exactly.

Hope this helps the cars that suffer from this,don't know if it is every Octavia.

Regards,

D1965

I had a look at the location of the drain holes on the car.....what idiot designed that. The door seal runs right under the drain hole, so the only time water can escape is when the door is open.

I compared mine to my wife's focus, their seal is nowhere near the drain hole.

I'm not sure how they could remedy the issue, I hope cutting the seal isn't their solution. I asked my dealer if there are aware of a fix, he checked with Skoda Ireland and they seem to know about it and are sending on a fix.

same as me. Exactly the same. My car is a MY16 too, so I'd say this is still apparent in the latest cars. I would also say, the release of water is not as bad as I had thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had the 'fix' applied to mine when it was quite new, there is another thread about this from a couple of years ago. Basically, the dealer cut a bit of the seal away near the drain hole, it did help a bit but mine still collects water when parked facing down slope, and it's gradually getting worse again. Some say it's normal and will not affect the car, but mine did leak water into the inside once when it was parked up for a couple of weeks in poor weather. Got fed up of worrying about stuff like this ages ago so just living with it as not intending to keep mine long term so any potential rust issues will not affect me.

I had the 'fix' applied to mine when it was quite new, there is another thread about this from a couple of years ago. Basically, the dealer cut a bit of the seal away near the drain hole, it did help a bit but mine still collects water when parked facing down slope, and it's gradually getting worse again. Some say it's normal and will not affect the car, but mine did leak water into the inside once when it was parked up for a couple of weeks in poor weather. Got fed up of worrying about stuff like this ages ago so just living with it as not intending to keep mine long term so any potential rust issues will not affect me.

Same as you, mines on the two year pch deal, so any issues will be beyond that. That said, I have noticed that the foam sound deadener where the front door hinge is, is absolutely ringing wet for the bottom three or four inches, so not overly happy with that. Such a daft design is this day and age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Skodev

Basically, the dealer cut a bit of the seal away near the drain hole,

That sounds like a high tech fix.

Surely if a piece of rubber was removed then there's the risk of water coming in if water splashed against car...e.g. floods, as there won't be a seal the whole way around the door.

When new seals are ordered they come as they were on the car, you need to cut the section out of the drain hole and remove the door panel and remove the wax but an air tool is suffice to remove the wax and clear out the holes, more noticeable on a rapid and toledo, not as common on the octavia

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I only have little water under door after washing the car. Is this your problem? Not really sure after rain. :S

Edited by Croat