build/delivery times?

aernala

Thanks guys, answered my questions, and yes the sound is turned up on the phone settings, we also have a Sony Xperia SP connected and its fine, all works as expected, but the Galaxy ... having a little hissy fit, or is just plain incompatible (although the Skoda list says it.)

Front mudflaps :D need to get my screwdrivers out!

Thanks for all the feedback.

:clap:

Mine is now built and awaiting shipping, dealer is estimating another 3-4 weeks 

Assuming it is at Emden, that's 672 hours to do 688 miles (it wont be a straight line in reality),   wow 1mph average  :zzz:

Would be a bonus if it got on Isar Highway (sailing to Grimsby this week)

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

Front mudflaps :D need to get my screwdrivers out!

Well a long chat with the supplying dealer and Skoda customer services (at the dealers suggestion,) upshot ..... front mudflaps to be retrofitted FOC

And the Samsung S2 phone issue! .... seemingly on the O2 version of the upgrade from Gingerbread to Ice-Cream the Rsap (Remote sim access protocols) were removed .... I assume a veiled attempt to get you to upgrade quicker than you would have normally. sigh!

So all sorted now!

Edited by TruckbusUK

No further updates from my dealer (was build week 36) but I'm aware Necker Highway just arriving in Grimsby from Emden and Weser Highway is a day behind so hopefully will be on one of these.

• Like 1

Just got back from signing finance paperwork. Hopefully all sorted for collection Sunday yeti 1.2 se outdoor corrida red with black/gobi interior and a few options. Ordered 30-6-16

You have done better than me. I also ordered 30.6.16, SE spec DSG (with spare wheel option),

Mine is now in UK at port, but dealer not expecting it to be with them for 2 more weeks

Mine was build week 36 even though order was week 26

You have done better than me. I also ordered 30.6.16, SE spec DSG (with spare wheel option),Mine is now in UK at port, but dealer not expecting it to be with them for 2 more weeksMine was build week 36 even though order was week 26

My recent Yeti came within a few days of landing in the U.K. So fingers crossed you might not have to wait quite so long. I was very surprised just how quickly it cleared customs, DVLA (VIN registration) etc., and got transported to the dealer in Hertfordshire.

Just got back from collecting new yeti. 1.2 se in corrida red and black and gobi interior. This combo certainly in my opinion makes the inside a lot brighter. Initial impressions are very good and it makes the decision to return to the yeti from the mk3 octavia justified

• Like 1

Just put the first 500 miles on the clock after picking up my new Yeti Outdoor DSG from the dealer on 5th. If it's of interest to potential buyers the order was signed on Monday of week 18, the car's build week was week 32, delivery to the dealer was week 35 and I collected it week 37 ……… apparently I was told the delay was due to factory holiday closure and assembly line adjustments related to MY17 specification changes for my vehicle. It was certainly worth the wait though  :happy: .

Almost exactly 3 months.

Ordered 30.06.16. SE spec petrol DSG, with spare wheel and smart link

At dealers now, so hopefully will be with me in few days.

Just got to sell my Fabia now

13 Weeks / 92 Days / 2208 Hours / 132480 Minutes, so far! - - But hey! Who's counting Not me - NO   :notme:   :angel:

@Great Yeti, please update the above when your handed the keys, let's have some accuracy here

Wheeeee! Picking up our second Yeti at 15:00 hrs tomorrow! - Moon White 1.2 TSI SE DSG with extras!

Ordered: 07/06/2016 - Week # 23 - 14:30 hrs

Built: 05/09/2016 - week # 35

Delivery: 30/09/2016 - week # 39  - 15:00 hrs

16 weeks from order to delivery

and so especially for Ernie  :thumbup:

• 16 weeks / 115 days / 2760.5 hrs / 165630 minutes  :rofl:

​Strangely enough. That's longer than our first Yeti back in 2010 when delivery was Sooo! long [only 15 weeks for us]. The factory had underestimated demand, and if memory serves, many new prospective owners were waiting considerably more than six months for their Yeti! I believe that many of those that ordered the Panoramic roof etc, waited almost 12 months! I recall that Skoda had special arrangements for honouring part-ex prices and in some cases, provided courtesy cars until they could deliver................Tony

PS: before anyone says "Are you mad! collecting your car on the 30th? What about road tax?" - Well it is more convenient for us and the dealer to take it then, and as I am not paying / responsible for the Road Fund Tax [VW Finance - and they are happy to cover the extra tax at the end of my contract [PCH] ) Why not? - Roll on tomorrow!!!!!!!!! (only 1250 minutes now Ernie!)  :x

• Like 1

Wheeeee! Picking up our second Yeti at 15:00 hrs tomorrow! - Moon White 1.2 TSI SE DSG with extras! Ordered: 07/06/2016 - Week # 23 - 14:30 hrsBuilt: 05/09/2016 - week # 35Delivery: 30/09/2016 - week # 39  - 15:00 hrs16 weeks from order to delivery and so especially for Ernie  :thumbup:

• 16 weeks / 115 days / 2760.5 hrs / 165630 minutes  :rofl:
​Strangely enough. That's longer than our first Yeti back in 2010 when delivery was Sooo! long [only 15 weeks for us]. The factory had underestimated demand, and if memory serves, many new prospective owners were waiting considerably more than six months for their Yeti! I believe that many of those that ordered the Panoramic roof etc, waited almost 12 months! I recall that Skoda had special arrangements for honouring part-ex prices and in some cases, provided courtesy cars until they could deliver................Tony PS: before anyone says "Are you mad! collecting your car on the 30th? What about road tax?" - Well it is more convenient for us and the dealer to take it then, and as I am not paying / responsible for the Road Fund Tax [VW Finance - and they are happy to cover the extra tax at the end of my contract [PCH] ) Why not? - Roll on tomorrow!!!!!!!!! (only 1250 minutes now Ernie!)  :x

What a hero......... I'm sure you going to just love it, enjoy.

• Like 1

Quick update, to indicate timescale

ordered 30.06.16

SE spec petrol DSG

Has been ready at dealer for couple of days, so looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Arrived at dealer 12-13 weeks from order, one slightly frustrating thing was only started the VWFS paperwork once they had it, rather than when in UK port so lost a weekend waiting for paperwork submission confirmation as it had gone in on last day of quarter, Friday 30th Sept (presumably busy)

How long is it taking to get a build week after placing order ?

Ordered 1.4 L&K 2 weeks ago but no update yet.

How long is a piece of string?  It really does not appear to be a consistent timescale although I think it's probably better than it was in the summer. 

How long is a piece of string? 

Twice the distance from the middle to the end :p ...... sorry couldn't resist ernieb .... I'll go and sit in the corner now.

Edited by TruckbusUK

Twice the distance from the middle to the end :p ...... sorry couldn't resist ernieb .... I'll go and sit in the corner now.

I think the corner must be pretty full right now so budge up a bit and I'll join you.  :D

I ordered mine (L&K spec) in 2nd week September and it's due for delivery 4th November. Light assist are auto lights which will automatically come on at dusk or in a tunnel etc. You should also have auto wipe

Hi 

Its not the delivery time I'm interested in, just how long before the dealer gets sent notification of the build week.

Beside spare wheel and towbar is there anything else I really should be adding to the order - 1.4tsi L&K ?