Squeaky acelarater pedal on Rapid

Nels

Hi, quick question please, I've developed a squeaky acelarater pedal on my Rapid sport. It kind of sounds like a squeaky Spring or something like that. I'm not quite sure but there might also be some stiffness with it too, but that could just be my imagination. It still drives the same and seems to work fine but it is annoying. Does anyone have any ideas. I'd have been a bit disappointed if it hadn't developed a new issue as I usually have something on going with it all the time. I've just learned to accept it all now as part of the cars annoying personality. The fact it drives like a little go cart has helped me to put up with it. My MPG has dropped to 40, this should not tell you all you need to know about how much it likes to be driven.

Thanks everyone looks like something which can wait until its first service too, at least it doesn't sound dangerous. Just while I've got you all, can I ask one more question? I don't have a service book for the dealer to stamp when my car is serviced, they said new cars don't have them it's all computerised, however when I went on line to look at Skoda servicing, on the list of things they do on a service, the last thing it says is they stamp the book, should I have a service book?

yeah I haven't got one either, the dealer told me they were phasing them out however as mine is a 14 ex demo I reckon they actually just lost it along with the handbook.

I was told you can order one from skoda if you want.

That's a shame, I like the idea of having a record of servicing, I can look at. I think it helps if your selling privately . It's not the same if it's just on the computer.