VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

Software Updates / Enhancements should be done as part of a Main Dealer Service, they usually are.

They are done for various reasons to enhance the vehicle's well being etc,

Sometimes to the detriment of efficiency as it turns out, but to the protection of the engine / drivetrain.

It can not be done in this case unless you are informed in advance that it is being done and why.

<SNIP>

How much (or little) information would a Workshop Receptionist have to give you to constitute "informed consent" I wonder? How practical would it be for an individual to take legal action against a Dealership because s/he felt that a Manufacturer specified software update was not to their liking?

Whatever the case, I suspect that any changes would be incorporated into all subsequent software updates.  Are owners going to reject any future software update?  What impact might this have on the Manufacturer's Warranty?

Service Reception staff and others on Customer Services might need a little training then before asking 

Owners / Keepers to sign and accept any work being done with 'Recall Actions', Field Actions, Service Campaigns or Modifications to other peoples property.

A Corporate Responsibility will apply in almost all World Regions on the Manufacturer to ensure that those doing

work for them are aware what Legally they need to do on the Volkswagens behalf.

Dealerships and the Manufacturers too often forget that vehicles are other peoples property and responsibility,

and they paid plenty to purchase a vehicle.

Maybe where the VWG own a vehicle and lease it they can please their selves allowing for what the various Governments let them off with.

This is not your usual 'Legal Action Situation' is it?

Class Actions might well be involved so Smoke and Mirrors and playing Individuals off and doing deals is unlikely.

There is 'the fix' to be Approved for Different Diesel Engines, and then we might see what is going to happen in EU Countries.

The Manufacturers Warranty will be long gone on some 2009, 2010, 2011 Affected Vehicles, 

and owners / Registered Keepers might have no dealings with Volkswagen Group Main Dealers or Official Repairers.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

I would hope and expect that this 'fix' will be specific and 'quarantined' from the standard updating procedure, particularly if the EPA advise it is not mandatory.

You have rights also ie to decline or accept.

After all the original setting was in no way a threat to the life of the engine.

Actually many with a 1.6 TDI CR that have incurred expense with issues, EGR / DPF etc and had to pay fully or partly because Skoda / VW were prepared to just give some love and 'Goodwill'  might be entitled to more than that, 

because the VW Cheat might be the reason they got so little miles and use from their vehicles before failures.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

I was in my local Skoda dealership this morning, and was told by the service manager, that the softwear update would be carried out, automatically, whenever my car was in, unless I specifically requested it not to be done, every time the car was booked in.

He, not surprisingly, had no idea of what the update would be, nor any knock on effects to the BHP, MPG, EGR or DPF.

Steve.

So what is the situation  for someone who gets  the servicing done by an independent garage, as I may well do next time. I was never impressed by  V W main agent service dept when I had a Passat, in fact complained to VW and believe the Service Mgr was sacked as a result.   Not over impressed with Skoda either.

I would hope and expect that this 'fix' will be specific and 'quarantined' from the standard updating procedure, particularly if the EPA advise it is not mandatory.

You have rights also ie to decline or accept.

After all the original setting was in no way a threat to the life of the engine.

It is my understanding that the problem here is that the Diesel engines produce excessive N0x.

It has been suggested that NOx kills people.

Somehow I doubt that the EPA will be entirely happy with any vehicle manufacturer killing people.

I don't think that the EPA could really care less about the life of your engine.

Keep wishing and hoping (Dusty Springboard) - hope springs eternal, springs right up your behind (Ian Dury) ;)

How much (or little) information would a Workshop Receptionist have to give you to constitute "informed consent" I wonder? How practical would it be for an individual to take legal action against a Dealership because s/he felt that a Manufacturer specified software update was not to their liking?

Whatever the case, I suspect that any changes would be incorporated into all subsequent software updates.  Are owners going to reject any future software update?  What impact might this have on the Manufacturer's Warranty?

When I used to go on a forum for the A6 quite a few folks were annoyed because when "their" cars went in for servicing etc. a software update was applied that made the steering lighter, unacceptably so for some. 

Were they informed by Audi/the dealer beforehand and given the choice!!! :devil:

• Administrators

Just to say, the old thread is alive.. sort of. To resurrect it I have to make some server changes. I tried twice so far and each time it failed, so one day in the coming week, or night I 'll be trying once more. If this fails then there is a planB but it's a new server ( not a surprise ones on the way anyway )

C.

• Like 1

When I used to go on a forum for the A6 quite a few folks were annoyed because when "their" cars went in for servicing etc. a software update was applied that made the steering lighter, unacceptably so for some. 

Were they informed by Audi/the dealer beforehand and given the choice!!! :devil:

Well I guess they could have it reversed......that'd teach them to mess without authority.

Just to say, the old thread is alive.. sort of. To resurrect it I have to make some server changes. I tried twice so far and each time it failed, so one day in the coming week, or night I 'll be trying once more. If this fails then there is a planB but it's a new server ( not a surprise ones on the way anyway )

C.

What!

120 pages of SPECULATION !..............................................................................run for the hills!

There has been a lot of speculation as regards the "software fix". No one knows what the fix will be or the repercussions of it. Only vw may know and right now im not sure if they even know 100%

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Latest update

• No unlawful change to the stated fuel consumption and CO2 figures found to date
  • Only a small number of the model variants of new cars will have the catalogue figure slightly adjusted

Wolfsburg, 9 December 2015 –Just a month after questions relating to the CO2figures measured on some of the Group's models arose, Volkswagen has largely concluded the clarification of the matter. Following extensive internal investigations and measurement checks, it is now clear that almost all of these model variants do correspond to the CO2 figures originally determined. This means that these vehicles can be marketed and sold without any limitations. The suspicion that the fuel consumption figures of current production vehicles had been unlawfully changed was not confirmed. During internal re-measurements slight deviations were found on just nine model variants of the Volkswagen brand.

These model variants will be re-measured by a neutral technical service under the supervision of the appropriate authority by Christmas. In cases where the correctness of original figures is confirmed, there will be no consequences. These cars can be offered for sale by dealers without any reservations. In the case of any deviations, the figures will be adjusted in the future in the course of the normal processes as required.

Volkswagen presented these results to the investigation commission of the Federal Government and the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA). The figure of approximately 800,000 vehicles under suspicion originally published by the Volkswagen Group has not been confirmed. The deviations found in the figures for only nine model variants amount to a few grams of CO2 on average, corresponding to increased cycle consumption in the NEDC of approximately 0.1 to 0.2 litres per 100 kilometres. With an annual production of approximately 36,000 vehicles, these model variants correspond to around only 0.5 per cent of the volume of the Volkswagen brand. The list of the nine model variants can be found at www.volkswagen-media-services.com.

The Group's subsidiaries Audi, SKODA and SEAT have also agreed a similar procedure with the approval authorities responsible for the vehicles initially considered.

Customers' real-world consumption figures do not change and neither are any technical vehicle modifications necessary. Against this background, the negative impact on earnings of €2 billion that was originally expected has not been confirmed.

Whether we will have a minor economic impact, depends on the results of the re-measurement exercise.

Please note: This text and the overview of vehicles to be adjusted in future with new CO2figures, model year 2016, can be found at www.volkswagen-media-services.com. The information contained in this press release does not apply to products and services from the Volkswagen Group of America or Volkswagen Canada.

Good, 

that is the latest CO2 of Euro 6 Engines matter covered with a Press Release & announcement..

Now they can maybe do the same over the ongoing Defeat Device / Emissions with Euro 5 Diesel engines.

What seems to be happening is some confusing of people before tomorrows interim report on the 

NoX Scandal and the Internal Investigations.

List+of+critical+CO2+vehicles,+model+year+2016 (2) (1) (1) (2).pdf