Seasonal Creaks and Rattles?

aixlad

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how much more creaky and rattling the dashboard is during this cold weather? My only criticism of the Fabia in an enjoyable year of ownership is the dashboard which tends to annoyingly rattle and creak over every road imperfection, but in the cold weather this appears to be exagerated for the first few miles before the heater gently warms up the inside of the car. It's as if the dash is made of a plastic material which is just too hard, rigid, and temperature sensitive.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how much more creaky and rattling the dashboard is during this cold weather? My only criticism of the Fabia in an enjoyable year of ownership is the dashboard which tends to annoyingly rattle and creak over every road imperfection, but in the cold weather this appears to be exagerated for the first few miles before the heater gently warms up the inside of the car. It's as if the dash is made of a plastic material which is just too hard, rigid, and temperature sensitive.

If you've ever owned Fords you'll be used to it. The nastiest plastics in the world.

My fab is fine:confused:

My Ford doesn't creak or rattle. :rofl:

Fabia creaked and rattled like a bugger' date=' especially with the strut brace on :(

Chris[/quote']

Oh how i love banter........admittedly my previous Mondeo was fantastic, what a flamin' great chassis, handled like a dream.:thumbup:

I've found the cold weather has sorted the majority of my rattles (must have tightened everything up or something), hence no moans on here over the past few weeks about build quality etc !!

My Fabia's embarrassingly rattly. I like to defend the Skoda to my friends but it's difficult when it's so noisy! The speakers buzz really badly with the bass set to zero and the loudness turned off.

My instrument cluster rattles, both doors, something in the boot make a hell of a noise over speed humps! It's just the cold weather I guess. I don't want to go pulling door trims etc off. I got the car last November and didn't have any noises then.

Yep mine's a creaking slightly, although having took my old Dad out in it the weekend and shifted the passenger seat most of it came from the seatbelt anchor vibrating against the central floor console between the seats. Moved it again and the anchor presses against the plastic more - no noise now.

It's called "Character" I think...

My old 405 estate had so much hard plastic rubbing against other hard plastic you almost needed ear defenders at times, so the vRS is quite solid by comparison.

It used to bother me - now I find the noise of my girlfriends handbag contents, bottles of water and other shopping masks any Fabia rattles. If I go for a drive on my own the first thing to do is take a bin linner out to the car!

I had a few rattles in the cold weather but now the temperature is above freezing again those rattles have gone away!

Exactly, I was just thinking that today. Last week during the frost, it was taking 5-6 miles before the heater warmed up enough to stop most of the rattles. That plastic must be rock 'ard when it's cold :eek:

just loosen all the dashboard.. leave it all for five or ten minutes.. then set about re-tightening all of it again.. usually cures the creakiest dashboards for some time..

granted I've always had this issue in my tdi.. but don't worry, if it makes you feel any better, I've loaned a 51reg BMW 318i whilst my fabia is getting repaired and I laughed when the BMW started to rattle.. :D

Regards,

Guys, the built quality of VW make cars will always be outstanding. Creaks and rattles? That will always come by overtime. I've got a whole load of them (not loud thankfully), but I don't complain anymore, you just get used to it :)