The most dangerous man on the Planet- Don the Con is back!!!!

Lady Elanore

If the Trump administration is really worried about how many people turned up to his inauguration, it shows what an egotistical pathetic **** he really is.

BBC 24 hour News, just nailed it.

Gavin Esler showed the two aerial photos of the view up to the Capitol building  showing crowd fill for the 2009 and 2017s inaugurations - I'd say the space was 75-85% full in 2009, but, at best, 25-35% full in 2017 !!!! Assuming the photos were taken at the same point in the proceedings.

N

The Donald looks pleased as punch as he signs Executive Orders, but the Pipelines are going to cause him all sorts of crap.

& i see that Journalists around the world want more support for those asking questions and being belittled by The Donald.

They want solidarity and for any journalist that gets blanked asking a question to then have the next journalist ask the same one and on and on.

• Like 1

Well seeing as Spicer has already started trying to back peddle out of blatant lies, he is off to great start... nicely done blaming "an outside agency" who supplied "innaccurate" count details, and they used them as "thats all they had to go on" at the time... 

Very GWB and Gulf War II...

• Like 1

Another Exec Order... Backin the Oil Pipelines.

Hes gonna need a new book of them forms by the end of the week the rate hes going.

• Like 1

I'm not justifying the guy, but think of this....

You're a US manual labourer and you've lost your job as it's gone overseas.

The company is a US company, but they make it cheap elsewhere, import it then make mega $$$ which are kept elsewhere to avoid paying tax on them.

So "the Donald" comes along and slaps 15-35% import tax on things or insists if the state is involved you use US parts.

The US is a big enough market to deal with that and China pretty much does the same through their own routes anyway.

So you Mr US manual labourer get a job making stuff in the US and you feel happy.

The US sells it's own stuff, rather than building a money pipeline to send all their cash to China etc.

Is that so bad? Probably not to the average Joe.

And lets be honest, wouldn't you rather buy stuff in the UK made here.

Why is it reasonable that it's cheaper to make stuff half way around the world and ship it over here and sell it than it is to make it locally.

You can't carry that on if you want to get rid of a deficit.

Of course environmental taxes are a far better way than import taxes to up the price of goods made with lower HSE and environmental standards than our own.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
typo
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I'm not justifying the guy, but this of this....

Why is it reasonable that it's cheaper to make stuff half way around the world and ship it over here and sell it than it is to make it locally.

Of course environmental taxes are a far better way than import taxes to up the price of goods made with lower HSE and environmental standards than our own.

My thoughts exactly...........& I apply this to everything I buy...Can I get as good with a British made product........my speakers, alloys, climbing gear etc made here, food, British lamb & not New Zealand........British pork & not Dutch, etc, etc.

Yes there are case where foreign is the only way, but put your mind to it & you will be surprised how much British made stuff you can find!

I was going XF/XE, except for the 0% offer that got me.

It was a pure cost issue, but I do kind of find myself thinking skoda cost cut a bit too much.

Is it a bit hypocritcal? sure.

Will I look more favourably on made in the UK for the next car? Yes.

And actually pretty much everything else I buy, I do make a point of looking for British even if it costs a little more.
Exchange rates, currency value and being able to sort your own rates for goods coming in however, should help on that front.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

• Administrators

Slightly but there are not that many UK owned/made car co's. Maybe post brexit there will be a flicker of a brave investor.

The world economy is crazy. There was a biofuels article on the radio a year or two back. The petrol co's here need to add ethanol up to 5% iirc to combat x and y co2 mainly.

We can grow enough here in the uk. But it's cheaper in $ and co2 budgets to ship it in tankers from south america. Mainly as South America gets the co2 bill so the uk producer of fuel isn't adding the locally grown co2 cost... madness. I'm sure tankers crossing oceans is more co2.

Problem is a uk produced x is going to cost more than the chinese version. Put two things in front of people and most will go with the option that allows them to grab a burger on the way home too.

I tired a month of buying nothing chinese made... lasted 2 weeks. I'm sure I could manage it now. My sisters trying to do the same for rapeseed oil products, it's everywhere.

9 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I'm not justifying the guy, but think of this....

You're a US manual labourer and you've lost your job as it's gone overseas.

The company is a US company, but they make it cheap elsewhere, import it then make mega $$$ which are kept elsewhere to avoid paying tax on them.

So "the Donald" comes along and slaps 15-35% import tax on things or insists if the state is involved you use US parts.

The US is a big enough market to deal with that and China pretty much does the same through their own routes anyway.

So you Mr US manual labourer get a job making stuff in the US and you feel happy.

The US sells it's own stuff, rather than building a money pipeline to send all their cash to China etc.

Is that so bad? Probably not to the average Joe.

The problem is that far more American workers have lost their jobs as a result of automation than cheap foreign labour. Take coal mining,  US coal production peaked in 2008 and even now is massively higher than it was 30 years ago, but uses only a fraction of the workers it did then. 

To get employment back up to 70s levels trump would need to more than double peak coal production. 

9 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Because the cost of labour is so much lower in China. That's not just the wages by the way, but also the employment regulations, workplace regulations, and other protections that workers in the west enjoy. Trump looks like he is going to do his best to strip much of that away.

If the US consumer wants to consume US-made goods at Chinese prices, then who is going to work in the US on Chinese wages? Probably Mexican immigrants ... oh wait...

Week 1
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after reweeting factual, side-by-side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.
* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 staffers and followers to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.
* On January 21, 2017, DT personally phoned National Park Service director Michael T. Reynolds and ordered him to produce additional photographs of the previous day’s crowds on the Mall, in order to show that the media had lied in reporting attendance had been no better than average.
* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”
* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.
* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.
* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he said depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day after the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.
* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts. EPA scientists were ordered to stop publishing their data unless cleared with DT transition personnel.
* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.
* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Director of the Department of Health and Human Service nominee Tom Price characterized federal guidelines on transgender equality as “absurd.”
* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.
* On January 24, 2017, DT’s director of strategy, Steven Bannon, said “the media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while. The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country.”
* On January 25, 2017, DT signed an executive order to begin building a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border that would cost an estimated $20 billion to $35 billon, and insisted Mexico would pay for it.
*On January 25, 2017, DT tweeted “If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting” with Mexican president President Peña Nieto.
* On January 25, 2017, Mexican president President Peña Nieto cancelled his meeting with DT.
* On January 25, 2017, DT said he thought torturing terrorism suspects was justified. “Do I feel it works? Absolutely, I feel it works,” he told ABC News.
* On January 25, 2017, the entire senior level of management of the State Department -- many of whom had served under previous Republican as well as Democratic administrations – resigned.
*On January 26, 2017, DT’s press secretary said DT will slap a 20 percent tariff on all imports from Mexico in order to finance the wall.
*On January 26, 2017, DT’s vice president told congressional Republicans that the administration will initiate a “full evaluation of voting rolls in America, the overall integrity of our voting system in the wake of this past election.”
*On January 27, 2017, DT closed the nation’s borders to refugees from around the world, ordering that families fleeing the slaughter in Syria be indefinitely blocked from entering the United States, and temporarily suspending immigration from several predominantly Muslim countries.
* On January 27, 2017, DT established a religious test for refugees from Muslim nations, ordering that Christians and others from minority religions be granted priority over Muslims.

On 28/01/2017 at 18:06, Lee01 said:

Week 1
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after reweeting factual, side-by-side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.
* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 staffers and followers to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.
* On January 21, 2017, DT personally phoned National Park Service director Michael T. Reynolds and ordered him to produce additional photographs of the previous day’s crowds on the Mall, in order to show that the media had lied in reporting attendance had been no better than average.
* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”
* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.
* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.
* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he said depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day after the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.
* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts. EPA scientists were ordered to stop publishing their data unless cleared with DT transition personnel.
* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.
* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Director of the Department of Health and Human Service nominee Tom Price characterized federal guidelines on transgender equality as “absurd.”
* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.
* On January 24, 2017, DT’s director of strategy, Steven Bannon, said “the media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while. The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country.”
* On January 25, 2017, DT signed an executive order to begin building a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border that would cost an estimated $20 billion to $35 billon, and insisted Mexico would pay for it.
*On January 25, 2017, DT tweeted “If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting” with Mexican president President Peña Nieto.
* On January 25, 2017, Mexican president President Peña Nieto cancelled his meeting with DT.
* On January 25, 2017, DT said he thought torturing terrorism suspects was justified. “Do I feel it works? Absolutely, I feel it works,” he told ABC News.
* On January 25, 2017, the entire senior level of management of the State Department -- many of whom had served under previous Republican as well as Democratic administrations – resigned.
*On January 26, 2017, DT’s press secretary said DT will slap a 20 percent tariff on all imports from Mexico in order to finance the wall.
*On January 26, 2017, DT’s vice president told congressional Republicans that the administration will initiate a “full evaluation of voting rolls in America, the overall integrity of our voting system in the wake of this past election.”
*On January 27, 2017, DT closed the nation’s borders to refugees from around the world, ordering that families fleeing the slaughter in Syria be indefinitely blocked from entering the United States, and temporarily suspending immigration from several predominantly Muslim countries.
* On January 27, 2017, DT established a religious test for refugees from Muslim nations, ordering that Christians and others from minority religions be granted priority over Muslims.

I've been oblivious  to the recent changes in America but I've seen news reports today and social media posts regarding the ban on muslims from certain countries. How on earth can this be going on? It's mental! Reading the above things he's done (if all true) this could seriously start conflicts. 

Edited by mdon

11 minutes ago, mdon said:

I've been obvious to the recent changes in America but I've seen news reports today and social media posts regarding the ban on muslims from certain countries. How on earth can this be going on? It's mental! Reading the above things he's done (if all true) this could seriously start conflicts. 

Funnily enough he forgot to ban Muslims from countries where he has business interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trundlenut said:

It's not a ban on Muslims,  it's a ban on people who aren't not Muslim. 

Thats an alternative fact there...

Its actually not a ban on muslims, its a ban on terrorists who might be muslims..

• Like 1