The most dangerous man on the Planet- Don the Con is back!!!!

Lady Elanore

Sorry, but that list is rubbish. I am so far, storing Wine, Whisky and Beer, as well as crisps, Liquorish Allsorts, Dark Chocolate Bounty bars and pictures of George Clooney. The main problem at the moment is, for every 10 units of the afore mentioned products, I seem to only have 2 or 3 of them left by the time I recheck them. Strange...? 

Trump has specifically had a go at China today over their currency manipulation, import tariffs, and Military expansion in disputed Sea areas in the Western Pacific. I think Sino-US confrontation is here to stay.

Edited by camelspyyder

Sorry, but that list is rubbish. I am so far, storing Wine, Whisky and Beer, as well as crisps, Liquorish Allsorts, Dark Chocolate Bounty bars and pictures of George Clooney. The main problem at the moment is, for every 10 units of the afore mentioned products, I seem to only have 2 or 3 of them left by the time I recheck them. Strange...?

Try checking more frequently?

Also you have forgotten the dark chocolate digestives.

I've just come out of the safety bunker in my garden after a couple of weeks hiding from the trump fall out (sounds bad any way you say that). Anyhoo I'm glad to see there is still a world out here and we haven't got dragged into a USA-China war yet. I will now buy more supplies and retire once again to my bunker I think...

He's not president yet so has a little latitude on his faux pas'.

Try checking more frequently?

Also you have forgotten the dark chocolate digestives.

I was thinking of substituting Dark Chocolate Tunnocks wafers 

He's not president yet so has a little latitude on his faux pas'.

If he can do this much damage while he has no power, I might need to dig my bunker deeper!

• Like 1

I was thinking of substituting Dark Chocolate Tunnocks wafers 

If he can do this much damage while he has no power, I might need to dig my bunker deeper!

I have a day off tomorrow if your bunker needs digging into :notme:

• Like 1

All you need to know about being a Survivalist in post apocalypse world, there is a website for this......

http://survivalist.com/property/ 

On of the best films ever is "On the Beach" by Neville Shute, truly impressive though quite a old film but them so is Forbidden Planet. 

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 2

Just saw this linked on reddit re his Doonbeg Golf Resort in Co Clare over here..

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38228037

Apparently the application cited rising sea levels caused by climate change the reason the wall is needed...

Despite he himself being a denier of said change.

Also, ive not been in there, but ive driven past the doonbeg place, and it really doesnt look like anything special..

• Like 1

Just saw this linked on reddit re his Doonbeg Golf Resort in Co Clare over here..

Apparently the application cited rising sea levels caused by climate change the reason the wall is needed...

Also, ive not been in there, but ive driven past the doonbeg place, and it really doesnt look like anything special..

Been watching the National Geographic's channel program series of the Year of Living Dangerously about the progression of climate change and particularly in the US.  So interesting in the fact that so many Republican politicians deny the affect of climate change ie rising sea levels flooding parts of Florida etc.  Some of the ladies in the family seem to pay special attention with Ian Somerhalder, Vampire Diaries, who parents suffered in Hurricane Katrina and the lack of help from the Bush Jnr government to deal with it.

With the "Mars" series, with input from Ron Howard and music by Nick Cave, National Geographic channel is doing a great job of exposing short-sightedness in looking after our environment as well as inspiring us with beautifully made and shot programs.

How we deal with denial individuals and groups in the big challenge, though the ballot box and informing seems the only way which is difficult when channels like NG are pay per view.   

According to a 'climate change expert' about 10 years ago the south of England should be a desert by now. One problem with the warnings and scaremongering given out by these experts is that when their predictions don't materialise people become a little sceptical.

According to a 'climate change expert' about 10 years ago the south of England should be a desert by now. One problem with the warnings and scaremongering given out by these experts is that when their predictions don't materialise people become a little sceptical.

Cannot recall such a drastic prediction of South England becoming that dry and in fact it is more about more rainfall in short burst which causes flooding on the Thames and for the other end of England the flooding seen in Flood Desmond and this is eben taught as an A level topic now....  http://www.alevelgeography.com/storm-desmond-case-study/

The flooding we had here in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire was massive and we are very aware of these one in a 1000 year events now happening with increasing frequency 

Some of the changes of climate change can be quite productive ie grape/wine production in England.

As with the economy, the UK national debt and trade deals, it is what we pass on to the next generations in terms of what they will have to work with.  

I'm quite enjoying his reverse wall building programs. :-D

Cannot recall such a drastic prediction of South England becoming that dry and in fact it is more about more rainfall in short burst which causes flooding on the Thames and for the other end of England the flooding seen in Flood Desmond and this is eben taught as an A level topic now.... http://www.alevelgeography.com/storm-desmond-case-study/

The flooding we had here in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire was massive and we are very aware of these one in a 1000 year events now happening with increasing frequency

Some of the changes of climate change can be quite productive ie grape/wine production in England.

As with the economy, the UK national debt and trade deals, it is what we pass on to the next generations in terms of what they will have to work with.

We had 2 or 3 hot / dry summers when the 'expert' made his prediction. This was followed by wetter summers with no hosepipe bans.

Most flooding is down to a lack of drain clearing, dredging and continually building houses on what used to be flood plains.

• Like 1

We had 2 or 3 hot / dry summers when the 'expert' made his prediction. This was followed by wetter summers with no hosepipe bans.

Most flooding is down to a lack of drain clearing, dredging and continually building houses on what used to be flood plains.

Drainage and dredging generally makes flooding worse. It moves the problem whilst increasing the impact.

• Like 1

Yes; a few years ago when the BBC said "Tewkesbury has flooded" with "supporting" aerial photography, my instant reaction was "No it hasn't; post-WW2 estates built on floodplains around Tewkesbury have flooded!"

I do not think that applies to much of Yorkshire that flooded as it is rolling countryside.  Tewkesbury yes, it was incredible that they built so many houses on the floodplain, just madness.  But there has been several instances of record rainfall recorded that have occurred in the last few years even though the records have been kept for centuries..   http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate-extremes/#?tab=climateExtremes 

Lack of investment on infrastructure has been an issue on most areas of public spending due to the worsening public finances whether it is environment agency, education or the NHS. To offer some home we did come up with solution after our floods here on the mighty Severn by having barriers along the river through the city and town and then allowing the fields to flood above and below the urban areas.  It has worked over the last few years.

Back to the US Republican climate change denial.  As with the UK the propensity for property developers to be allowed to build and sell properties in areas that will be liable and lost to flooding, storm surge etc is reprehensible and how the make money today and damn tomorrow attitude.     

• Like 1