The most dangerous man on the Planet- Don the Con is back!!!!

Lady Elanore

I rarely agree with Tim Farron, but this debate is a complete and utter waste of parliamentary time and will not achieve anything.

As for allowing people into this country that spread racial and religious hate, it appears that we do it regularly and then let them leave to join ISIS and murder westerners whose views they don't agree with. A debate around that issue might be a better use of parliamentary time. 

• Like 1

The debate could help show that the UK at least does not blame Muslims for the on-going terrorist behaviour (which seems to have precious little to do with IS and more to do with people who think they are with IS). Anything that helps calm down the situation that Trump continues to fuel, is a good thing in my book.

I think that is exactly what the debate is about. The UK as a whole disagrees with the policy that Trump wants to make legislation in the USA (assuming he gets in) and we think that this is wrong and shows the man is a Xenophobic bigot. At least that's what I expect. There probably will be a few MPs that agree with Trumps proposal, but the majority wont. After all Trump equates 'Muslim=IS=terrorist threat' and so the MPs will debate whether to block Trump and his 'message'. It should show that we in the UK have a different stance to him, whether they block him or not, and that, imho, may help a little to calm the simmering undercurrent of Muslim antipathy that I believe is brewing in this country. Any small amount of rational discussion helps.

I liked the other day when a Trump Spokesperson more or less said that Donald is an Equal Opportunities Offender. 

(he is happy to offend anyone of any sex, size, disability, race etc.)

That Video is truly frightening. The man is a total froot loop.

This a a big worry for those employed by Trump International in Scotland & contractors carrying out the refurbishment at Trump Turnberry.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35246991

Ok, it doesn't affect me directly, but it strikes me that he's trying to bully people here, using his money as the threat.

After all Trump equates 'Muslim=IS=terrorist threat' and so the MPs will debate whether to block Trump and his 'message'. It should show that we in the UK have a different stance to him, whether they block him or not, and that, imho, may help a little to calm the simmering undercurrent of Muslim antipathy that I believe is brewing in this country. Any small amount of rational discussion helps.

I'm not entirely sure that's what Trump thinks, although those who oppose him would like everyone to think that.

I think the point he was trying to get across was that these days your enemy doesn't wear a uniform and drive (or fly or sail) a military vehicle. Therefore it's impossible to recognise them and we have the same problem here.

His solution is impractical and unworkable, but then nothing else seems to be working either.

A more useful use of parliamentary time might be to discuss why our intelligence services (and those of our allies) don't seem to be able to detect these terrorists more effectively and why, when we appear to have had our suspicions raised, do we let them leave the country to go on a murdering spree having received an almost apologetic letter from our police!

And any antipathy towards Muslims is probably as much to do with the fact that successive governments (particularly the left leaning ones) keep telling us how good all this immigration is for us when quite possibly a majority of people here don't agree.

I'm not entirely sure that's what Trump thinks, although those who oppose him would like everyone to think that.

I think the point he was trying to get across was that these days your enemy doesn't wear a uniform and drive (or fly or sail) a military vehicle. Therefore it's impossible to recognise them and we have the same problem here.

His solution is impractical and unworkable, but then nothing else seems to be working either.

A more useful use of parliamentary time might be to discuss why our intelligence services (and those of our allies) don't seem to be able to detect these terrorists more effectively and why, when we appear to have had our suspicions raised, do we let them leave the country to go on a murdering spree having received an almost apologetic letter from our police!

And any antipathy towards Muslims is probably as much to do with the fact that successive governments (particularly the left leaning ones) keep telling us how good all this immigration is for us when quite possibly a majority of people here don't agree.

1. I don't think he's that clever.
  2. He seems to have swallowed Da'esh's big lie that they actually are Muslims.
  3. Stop reading the Daily Heil!

Having watched a lot of Trump I'm convinced he really does think that about Muslims. Goneoffski's you tube vid shows him in a poor light, even when you take the fact it's a mish-mash of clips cut together.

1. I don't think he's that clever.
  2. He seems to have swallowed Da'esh's big lie that they actually are Muslims.
  3. Stop reading the Daily Heil!

1. He's amassed a net worth of $4B, so he's undeniably clever. He might not be astute, he might not be sympathetic, he might not be politically sensitive, but he is clever and his poll ratings seem to suggest his views are quite popular.

2. Da'esh calls itself the Islamic State and Muslims are followers of Islam, but not necessarily the version preached by Da'esh.

3. I stopped buying the Daily Mail 30 years ago as it's editorial direction became increasingly extreme and despite the fact that it still published Charlie Brown (which was the only reason I bought it in the first place), I couldn't continue with it.

Having watched a lot of Trump I'm convinced he really does think that about Muslims. Goneoffski's you tube vid shows him in a poor light, even when you take the fact it's a mish-mash of clips cut together.

I think it's quite possible to create a video of clips of any politician that would show them in a different light to that which they wish to be portrayed.

I'm sure one of his supporters is currently working on a compilation video showing Trump helping old ladies cross the street, handing a big wedge of $$'s to a homeless Muslim on the streets of Detroit, picking up dog poo in his local park, patting school children on their heads outside a deprived inner city comprehensive (or the US equivalent), cooking clam chowder for homeless Mexican immigrants in downtown Brooklyn, handing out presents on Thanksgiving to the terminally ill in hospital . . . . . . you get the picture!

1. He's amassed a net worth of $4B, so he's undeniably clever. He might not be astute, he might not be sympathetic, he might not be politically sensitive, but he is clever and his poll ratings seem to suggest his views are quite popular.

2. Da'esh calls itself the Islamic State and Muslims are followers of Islam, but not necessarily the version preached by Da'esh.

3. I stopped buying the Daily Mail 30 years ago as it's editorial direction became increasingly extreme and despite the fact that it still published Charlie Brown (which was the only reason I bought it in the first place), I couldn't continue with it.

1) Different definition of "clever". Also his poll rating suggests that he's popular, with the sort of USian who believes that all Muslims believe the same thing, and that Mexicans are the greatest drain on the US economy.

2) 98% of Muslims or thereby say that Da'esh are not Muslims.

3) OK, but the last paragraph of #112 looks like Daily Heil editorial from where I'm sitting.

1) Different definition of "clever". Also his poll rating suggests that he's popular, with the sort of USian who believes that all Muslims believe the same thing, and that Mexicans are the greatest drain on the US economy.

2) 98% of Muslims or thereby say that Da'esh are not Muslims.

3) OK, but the last paragraph of #112 looks like Daily Heil editorial from where I'm sitting.

1) Yes, agree his view is naive, but it also chimes with sufficient supporters that he might just get the Republican nomination, so he might actually be politically astute (and name one political leader that's not said something he knows goes down well with his/her supporters but that they don't actually believe themselves?).

2) Muslims might say Da'esh aren't Muslims, but if Da'esh claim that they are acting in the name of Islam then in most peoples eyes, they are Muslims.

3) I think if you ask around, you'll find that view is more widespread than simple Daily Mail readers. A lot of people are cautious of expressing that (or similar) views for fear of being branded a racist by the 'Thought Police' or Russell Brand.

Maybe it's just that having been told mass immigration is a 'good thing', people might now might be thinking that having too much of a good thing is bad for you, which we're also told!! Australia seems to have a better balance between being inclusive / welcoming and protecting the interests of the existing population.

Would you be saying that if you were one of the Contractors that is not half through the job on a refurbishment and your company could fold 

if the job was stopped now?

Somebody would buy it up and carry it on.

It's a threat that sounds an awful lot like a school bully asking for your lunch money.

• Like 1

1) Yes, agree his view is naive, but it also chimes with sufficient supporters that he might just get the Republican nomination, so he might actually be politically astute (and name one political leader that's not said something he knows goes down well with his/her supporters but that they don't actually believe themselves?).

2) Muslims might say Da'esh aren't Muslims, but if Da'esh claim that they are acting in the name of Islam then in most peoples eyes, they are Muslims.

3) I think if you ask around, you'll find that view is more widespread than simple Daily Mail readers. A lot of people are cautious of expressing that (or similar) views for fear of being branded a racist by the 'Thought Police' or Russell Brand.

Maybe it's just that having been told mass immigration is a 'good thing', people might now might be thinking that having too much of a good thing is bad for you, which we're also told!! Australia seems to have a better balance between being inclusive / welcoming and protecting the interests of the existing population.

1. Even if he gets the Republican nomination, that's still a ways from winning the election, particularly if he doesn't even appeal to a large part of his own party.
  2. This means that most people don't actually know any Muslims to find out what most Muslims actually think.
  3. Again, many people don't actually know many (if any) EU immigrants. A fair number of them are here to learn English properly, and gain "experience overseas" then go back home.

cheeziemonkia, 

it was bought by many companies from many countries in the past, for 27 Million and had 35 Million Spent on it, then 21 Million. 

then bought by others for 55 million and needing more investment. 

So if you think there are buyers out their ready to take over a half done refurbishment you may be right, 

but that is highly unlikely by this summer and when the Staff are due to start welcoming guests from around the world again, many of whom will be Muslim.

(or would have been! maybe not now.)

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

1. Even if he gets the Republican nomination, that's still a ways from winning the election, particularly if he doesn't even appeal to a large part of his own party.
  2. This means that most people don't actually know any Muslims to find out what most Muslims actually think.
  3. Again, many people don't actually know many (if any) EU immigrants. A fair number of them are here to learn English properly, and gain "experience overseas" then go back home.

1. Very true.

2. I'm not sure whether Muslim's own view about Da'esh is actually that relevant, it is the view of US and/or UK citizens that influences peoples support for one politician/party or another.

3. I know quite a few EU immigrants (mainly Polish) and all of them are here to stay and are saving up to bring their families over. It's the same with pretty much all the other immigrants I've met through work (though in truth a number of them, particularly the Indians think we should restrict further immigration!).