The most dangerous man on the Planet- Don the Con is back!!!!

Lady Elanore

abit vague Mr Patrick

care to elaborate? 

im really not into the whole politics thing.. so i genuinely am interested.. 

His views are seen by the US right wing, the Republicans aka GOP (the Grand Old Party) as justified, His followers are blinded by reports by Fox News (a Murdoch Empire company). Getting the picture yet?  Transpose (if that's the right word) his views on Muslims and replace ''Muslim' with 'Jews'. Getting there yet?

• Like 2

His views are seen by the US right wing, the Republicans aka GOP (the Grand Old Party) as justified, His followers are blinded by reports by Fox News (a Murdoch Empire company). Getting the picture yet?  Transpose (if that's the right word) his views on Muslims and replace ''Muslim' with 'Jews'. Getting there yet?

nah. 

if he wants to pop over and have a holiday.. whats wrong with that. 

every bugger else comes over here. including probably some ISIS members, but we wont know that till it happens.. probably plotting a plan as we speak. 

The man is preaching a veiled race hatred message. It's not Muslims that we should be worried about. As the soldier who lost his leg in the above link says, the Muslims saved his life, the white Brits spat at his girlfriend.

• Like 1

Trump and his followers are very hawkish and very corporate.

If he or someone like him got in you might well see the US going down the road of something very like a new crusade which is exactly what Daesh want.

These are the guys that itch to get in a real fight with Russia and NK and would chuck a few nukes about with delight.

There are some fairly extreme Christians in the USA way beyond CoE or CoS.

Guys we'd laugh at here become senators there.

Lets not be too smug about an apparently isolationist Merkin and his possibly deranged. followers.

To my mind what is far more worrying is this - nearly as many signatures, albeit over a longer timespan.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107516

It suggests that even in this country there are nearly 1/2 million Little Englanders who agree with him.  :sweat:

God help us.

Lets not be too smug about an apparently isolationist Merkin and his possibly deranged. followers.

To my mind what is far more worrying is this - nearly as many signatures, albeit over a longer timespan.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107516

It suggests that even in this country there are nearly 1/2 million Little Englanders who agree with him.  :sweat:

God help us.

Although it's no clinical indicator of the state of things, it's nice to see that after only a couple of days the Trump petition is over 520,000 votes and puts it ahead of this reactionary little Englander petition that has been running for around a month

Granted, the buffoned cherub look-alike, is probably doing this just to be noticed and to garner support from isolationist America, but the trouble is the Islamists hand it to them on a plate. They want it both ways.

They want to settle in other peoples' countries and benefit from the improved economics that are available there (And which aren't available in their own countries), but want to carry with them a belief system, which offers "Believers" the option of existing on a continuum from peaceful, mild-mannered, mind-your-own-business Clark Kent religious observation to crazed Jhadi barbarian.

When immigration occurs this opens up the immediate possibility of inviting people into your country, albeit a minority, who, most recently,  are set on the overthrow of the native way of life i.e. a subversive fifth column or something more aggressive, as is happening in Syria or Africa.

Unfortunately, because of the organisation of the religion, the peaceful, moderate majority  are not able to offer any guarantee that they can influence, moderate, restrict or prevent the actions of the extremists - as has already been demonstrated in Europe and the UK. Further, western immigration system, or any immigration system is not capable of ascertaining the current or future intent of these bods and filtering accordingly. Leaving  the all or nothing option.

As I see it, its a National Security issue, and is not exclusively ethnically or racially inspired,  other than the fact that the majority of the followers hail from sunnier climes.

I seem to recall the UK has already fought several wars to preserve our way of life and National Security. Why was it OK to take necessary measures then and not now ?

Mr Trump is well-within his constitutional rights to propose restricting entry, if only as part of a National Security.  The fact that upsets those who've be brainwashed with an overactive sense of political correctness (For the benefit of other unseen powers that be ? ), ain't his fault.

In my experience, these ******* whose chests swell with pride every time they make a politically correct statement will get you into trouble every time. I have as much confidence in that proposition, as I do to the prospect that very few of those signing the petition will be "first-on-the-scene" with aid and support when the next group of innocent civilians or military get shot-to-buggery and beyond or blown-up on the justification of nothing more than a religous whim. 

I don't see anybody in the West, as yet, eschewing the benefits of global economy consumerism, a state-of-being which was in part facilitated by Ronald (McDonald) Regan and his radical approach to West-East relations 35 years ago.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick
  • Like 2

Having lost 4 PwC colleagues in 9/11, on the aircraft, Trumps comments are offensive.  Don't care if the are Christian, Hindu, Muslim or whatever.  He is a Tw*t.

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/a/Muslim-Victims-Of-9-11-Attack.htm

Thousands of innocent lives were lost on September 11, 2001. Our hearts and prayers go out to their families and loved ones, and our most severe condemnation is aimed at the terrorists and their reprehensible actions. Attacks against civilians are condemned in Islam in no uncertain terms, and the majority of Muslims are peace-loving people who denounce such evil.  Indeed, among the many victims of 9/11 were several dozen innocent Muslims, ranging in age from their late 60s to a couple’s unborn child.

Six of these victims were Muslim women, including one who was 7 months pregnant. Many were stockbrokers or restaurant workers, earning a living to care for their families. There were converts and immigrants, hailing from over a dozen different countries and the U.S. There were heroes: a NYPD cadet and a Marriott hotel worker, who sacrificed their lives attempting to rescue others. The Muslim victims were parents to over 30 children, who were left orphaned without one or both of their parents.

For the families of these victims, grief and sorrow were compounded by incredulity that the murder of their loved ones could in any way be justified by religious or political motives.

In addition, among their fellow Americans they have faced ignorance, suspicion, and bias against the faith they hold dear.

In some cases, family members faced interrogations based on initial suspicions that their Muslim relatives were not victims, but were actually terrorists involved in the hijackings. For example, the mother and other family members of American Airlines flight #11 passenger, Rahma Salie, were barred from traveling to her memorial service.Her mother, Haleema, said, "I would like everyone to know that she was a Muslim, she is a Muslim and we are victims too, of this tragic incident.”

In the early weeks after the attacks, we first published an initial and unconfirmed Muslim victim list. It was based on information from early news reports, the Newsday victims database, and the Islamic Circle of North America. In the years since, it became clear that the list needed updating as official victim lists continued to be revised. This newly updated list is based upon earlier notes, as well as more recent and official victim lists, such as those published at Legacy.comCNNUSA Today, and the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

When available, links to tribute pages and photos are provided, to share these 9/11 victims’ personal stories.

Inna li lahi wa inna li layhi raja’un. From God we come, and to Him is our return.

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1

@Clunkclick: I agree completely, Trump is within his constitutional rights to make his proposal. I'm not even sure if the proposed ban of entry to the UK is the wisest move to challenge him - see Suzanne Moore's comment in UKs most politically correct newspaper:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/09/banning-things-isnt-the-way-to-confront-the-far-right

Well, I don't have to make up my mind, I cannot sign the petition anyway, not being a UK citizen.

As for "those who've be brainwashed with an overactive sense of political correctness" or "these ******* whose chests swell with pride every time they make a politically correct statement": well, such people exist, they might be tiresome and even dangerous. But they're not particularly common among Briskodians and they haven't IMHO posted in this thread.

Though I must confess that I sometimes take secret pride in making a 'politically correct' statement, i.e. advocating common decency and common sense.

Edited by swedishskoda
  • Like 2

I think his point stands.

If you push back on these issues, like Regan did, you may well find that what was an apparently intractable and enduring problem melts away. The somewhat exaggerated response on Newsniight by the invited representative of the UK resident multicultural group would seem to support that proposition. Them's with good, established lifestyles over here don't want them jeopardised by the actions of the extremists - so there is some, unexploited leverage there - you don't know what you'll get 'til you try. But if you keep on making excuses for this sort of behaviour or for a community which appears to be ambivalent in its support for such activity, of course it will continue.

It may well be that the perception of the West as a "Soft target" actually encourages excessive belligerence from the other side.

Just look at the EU and its initial response on borders and more recently, the National Crime Agency case, reported on TV this week, of a group of 20 something Bahraini youfes located in the Gulf who formed an "On-line" paedophile group and were entrapping naive adolescents with dodgy netcam pics and then blackmailing them ! When asked why did they mainly pick on UK kids, the reply came back because the UK is corrupt and a soft-target.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

And as to Ms Moore on the Guardian - odds/on the likes of lovidom will be the first to purchase, without the fanfare of a feature article, the  first class seats, with shower, on an Emirates flight for the US, if things ever do  go sour over here. Leaving the rest of us to hold the ****ty end of the stick.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

I quite liked the comments on HIGNFY.... On arriving @ USA immigration you are asked "Are you a Muslim?", "No", OK then welcome to America...

If he's starting a Twitter war, I'm afraid he's onto a losing streak. OK, so the Saudis may be known as "Marlboros" due to the colours they wear but that's a) old hat, B) racially/nationally offensive and c) done to death....

On the other hand....

- Norway have demanded the return of the rare live lemming hair piece they provided.

- The replacement "seagull's wing" hairpiece has itself attracted controversy!

- His name translates into Korean as "Donald of the bad air trousers".

J.

• Like 1

Latest updates suggest that Ted Cruz will beat Trump in the Iowa caucus. Another fundamentalist, although more polished than Trump.

With Cruz in the White House, Mme Le Pen in the Elysée Palace and Farage in No. 10 (backed up by, and backing up, Erdoğan and Putin), the West will probably be a not so soft target, but I'm not sure that we'll benefit. The softness showed by Frau Merkel and M. Justin Trudeau may have its advantages. There are more muslims living in Germany than in the UK (and a fairly large share in Canada as well) but terrorist attacks/attempts by muslim immigrants are few.

To celebrate the defeat of a deadly foe and with it, the implications of killings and terrible injury, is one thing, but to celebrate and enjoy the details of individual deaths, well, it's just not right imho. The Mirror reports the whole thing like a video game. It's no wonder people think of 'killing' as such a cheap commodity to deal in :(

• Like 3

You are preaching to the converted, honestly !

From one whose has just cancelled his annual subscription to the Telegraph on-line because he's fed-up with paraoqhial,  sub petty-bourgeosoir feature arcticles about how to improve various parts of your anatomy with Botox injections and resents a paying price-hike of £10 a year for the last two years for the privilege

But the Mirror is aimed, in part,  at people who sing "You're going home in a body bag" on the football terraces. Chicken or egg ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick
  • Like 1