Sunglasses holder!?

So I don't have a sunglasses holder and I would like one. I did a search but either I'm search for the wrong thing or just not finding the thread I need.

Anyway I just want to check if this is the part I need? As eBay says no.

b845d675df818ddf00f048e2522c0b84.jpg

Also, is there a fitting guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I can see, that's the part you need.

The two part numbers I can locate are:

1Z0868565F

1Z0868566F Y20 Pearl Grey.

If it were me, I'd go for it at £20.

Fitting is straight forwards with a few trim tools, if you're passing Hinckley any time, happily assist.

J5

As far as I can see, that's the part you need.

The two part numbers I can locate are:

1Z0868565F

1Z0868566F Y20 Pearl Grey.

If it were me, I'd go for it at £20.

Fitting is straight forwards with a few trim tools, if you're passing Hinckley any time, happily assist.

J5

I'm not even sure where Hinckley is tbh! But thanks for the offer and confirming the parts are ok.

The grey one is only around £20 new anyway. Not sure about black as it came out later. Prices do go up I suppose. I got mine a little after buying the car (09) and at that time no=one could confirm that they fitted Fabia's that did not already have one. They did, it cost under £18 and works fine still. It is easy to fit, just be gentle. You will need to prise out the blank panel, hence gentle as otherwise you might damage the roof lining, and then fitting is just a case of gently pushing in the new sunglass panel. Very economical mod, very effective and handy worthwhile thing to do, for sunnies or even just drivers who need glasses to drive. Saves using up another storage area and actually LOOKS better for it as the blank panel leaves you wondering "WHY"? 

I assume you know you want the black that goes in the black roof liner as grey fits grey, unless you wanted a contrast. (Bit iffy).

Edited by mrgf

I assume you know you want the black that goes in the black roof liner as grey fits grey, unless you wanted a contrast. (Bit iffy).

Yes I want the black one, it wasn't colour that I was questioning but the part it's self. As it seems to be correct I will be making a purchase soon.

You need to move the alarm sensor fitted to the blanking panel onto the glasses holder. Simple enough job though.

Is it just pull out/push back in kind of job? And I'm I right to assume it will have a specific place in both parts?

I received one for the Illness on my birthday. Took the five minutes suggested earlier,was simple as suggested earlier and has the bonus of being the right size for my vintage Ray Bans plus one stashed roll of Polo's,sweets of the gods,not suggested earlier but most welcome.

Edited by Thojj

OH, That other guy was correct... You'll also need to do something about the alarm thingy!  That wasn't an issue in my car as it isn't belled up! Just the standard immobiliser. I understand moving it enough is still a really simples task though. Major improvement for little cash and effort.

I received one for the Illness on my birthday. Took the five minutes suggested earlier,was simple as suggested earlier and has the bonus of being the right size for my vintage Ray Bans plus one stashed roll of Polo's,sweets of the gods,not suggested earlier but most welcome.

Surely not more bits from a polo? ... Oh, I see! and just under the dash theres a nice space for a packet of rounders fruit pastilles. That HAS to top-trump polos, unless you've been eating a curry or kebab. 

Fitted what Skoda deem a 'Luxury Item'... £18quid and 5 minutes to fit!!...

Headlining Sunglasses Holder  :)

zkXNdu4.jpg
The 'Blanking' plate

6QKCipB.jpg
Forgot I have a 'Cat-1' Alarm

yw9fjgH.jpg
The Part - Apparently not made for my model!  ;)

4HUhtnE.jpg
The Part (2)

4fw2wSS.jpg
Alarm Sensors clipped in (most time consuming bit was Uncliping these out of the Blanking Plate)

UHHPQSh.jpg
'CLICK' in place!

JZhNXHL.jpg
Pops open with a nice 'Damped' motion

C1FumtA.jpg
Much better than reaching over to my glovebox at 70mph to get my sunnies!!  :)

H5XRFOL.jpg
£18 including VAT and one bent back thumb nail (unclipping the sensors)  :( ...

But Worth it!!   B)

Edited by Simoneale1973
  • Like 1

Did you bend back your thumb nail like I did getting mine out??? 

Worth the pain though!! :D

i didn't.. i tried it.. thought 'thats not going to work' and used a flat screwdriver :D. It was just then a case of pushing it out whilst the clip is unclipped. But it all came together within about 90 seconds :D  

It is good though. Makes me wonder why i put up with the blanking panel for so long, up there, doing nothing :D