Space Saver Wheel

...and that's not too fat? Not sure how wide one can go with a standard boot floor.

I see that's very subtly different from https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/steel-wheels/skoda/superb-combi/2-0tdi-20077

Anything wider than 205 will not sit under the boot carpet (without it lifting the carpet up)

Sorry I was on the mobile when I posted so did not click on your link.

Yes,  205/55/16” is the std size spare for all but the 280.

205 = 205mm IIRC they are fitted on a 7” rim, the boot floor actually touches the sidewall of a 205/55/16” spare.

Hi

I am the proud owner of a 2.0 Diesel SE Business Estate, delivered in October.

Just realised that it comes with a compressor and some kind of goo to get me home in the event of a puncture.

I contacted Skoda regarding a space saver and was quoted the following:-

£254 inc vat for 16 inch steel wheel and tool kit.

£417 for space saver and tool kit.

Obviously they seem very overpriced.

Does anyone know which other space savers from the VAG range will fit?

I will look to get a second hand one via ebay.

Regards

I think the Skoda website  or those of " cheaper suppliers " of new cars quote £100 for  the  spare wheel of the smaller dimension/ get home version so I would check on that and take Skoda to task with their outrageous  quotes.  I think any VAG  wheel of similar size would fit?.  But one interesting  point does arise in that when  one opts for a spare wheel  in lieu of the gunge machine, it seems NOT to come automatically with the wheel removal tackle, presumably the wheel brace AND JACK??.  I paid the £100  for a spare wheel as driving without one would frighten me to death ( gunge can't cope with splits ) and it came with brace and jack,which I must confess I assume comes with a new car anyway?. They'll want extra for the bluddy air in the tyres next. Btw,make sure  your wheel well is big enough to accommodate the wheel you intend buying, and that is assuming  your vehicle has a wheel well. They may have wanted extra for one !

Sorry if I've missed this - but will a 16" wheel with 205 width tyre fit under the variable boot floor in the estate ?

We've got the VBF and skinny space saver at the moment. Wouldn't mind changing for more of a normal wheel/tyre size if possible.

• 5 months later...

I am buying a Superb demonstrator which has 19" wheels. Currently it has only the puncture repair kit but I would like to add a spare wheel. Does the fact that the original wheels are 19" make this a problem. Must I get it through a dealer or are there third party suppliers?

Thanks

Remember the above is just the toolkit its not the Spare Wheel and tyre as well!

The tyre size is 125/70 R18 and mine is a Continental Spacesaver

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-Yeti-SUPERB-Octavia-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-Tyre-18-Genuine-Jack-Brace-/191754934234

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagon-Passat-Superb-2015-space-saver-spare-wheel-tool-kit-T125-70-R18-99M-/111995661572?hash=item1a13762d04:g:8sQAAOSwQoFWQIhU

Edited by Prykey

Thanks Samo and Prykey. Since I am ignorant of such things, does it not matter that the spare is an 18" rim compared to 19" rims as fitted?

If you got the item from the factory as part of your order it would be an 18" as linked to above, as it's a temporary spare you are restricted to what speed you can go, I think that its 50mph.

It's only really meant to get you somewhere so that you can get your original tyre repaired or replaced. 

• Like 1

I am buying a Superb demonstrator which has 19" wheels. Currently it has only the puncture repair kit but I would like to add a spare wheel. Does the fact that the original wheels are 19" make this a problem. Must I get it through a dealer or are there third party suppliers?

Thanks

What engine?

Only the 280 (and 220 IIRC) petrol engine cars get the 125/70/18" skinny space saver, the rest get 205/55/16"

My 190 TDi came with 19's and I have a 16" spare.

Thanks

Don't forget the tools as well, (jack brace etc...)

Gizmo, it's an L&K 190 TDi estate so it sounds like the 16" spare. The dealer has quoted £345 but Skaodaparts.com have the wheel and tools at just under £180

just another thought, and I realise that this would be vastly more expensive (but possibly worth it), does anyone know if the well in the Superb III estate will take a full size 19" Phoenix wheel?