How to disable Xenons as ch/lh on 03 Vrs with vcds.

Quite simply I just want to stop the Xenons coming on when I unlock/lock the car. The DRL provide enough light so don't want the fogs on but the only guide I can find is to swap the Xenons to fogs.

Anyone know how to just disable the Xenons from this function?

Edited by MrAdamwood

It is in the "how to" thread

(8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 from Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv to not active

(8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 from Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv to not active

For maximum illumination change the following channels for the LED DRL strip to be 100% brightness for CH/LH only - it wont affect any of the other operations (side light, DRL etc).

(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2 from 35% to 100%

(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3 from 35% to 100%

• Like 2

I've just changed mine from just the DRL's to the main lamps (reverse of what you want) and I did it in the set-up menu, there's a sub menu for lighting.

No need for VCDS.

Edited by butchvrs

I've just changed mine from just the DRL's to the main lamps (reverse of what you want) and I did it in the set-up menu, there's a sub menu for lighting.

No need for VCDS.

What? How? Put picture please from the menu of your unit.

It is in the "how to" thread

(8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 from Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv to not active

(8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 from Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv to not active

For maximum illumination change the following channels for the LED DRL strip to be 100% brightness for CH/LH only - it wont affect any of the other operations (side light, DRL etc).

(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2 from 35% to 100%

(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3 from 35% to 100%

Out of interest just tried this (while doing a bit of 5f remedial work) and it seems to have had no effect. Still puts the Xenons on for CH/LH and DRLs look 35%

No need for VCDS.

Can't see that on mine, only timers for CH and LH and the selection to turn DRLs off altogether

What he ^ said

Then we can look at it :-)

Posted the relevant channels I can see in the VCDS section. Will do another 09 map sometime today. I'm spending most of my time trying to get 5f straight first though now that 15.7.3 seems to be reading it 

• Like 1

Was the C set on your headlights already set to not active? On my car I had to do the B set rather than the C set to stop them coming on. My C set was already not active.

No - both C were set to "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv" and are now set to "not active" confirmed by maps before and after.

No change to car behaviour that I can see, Xenons on for CH/LH

TBH a bit tired of the car not playing well with VCDS and was going to set it back and forget it but it may be indicative of changes either in MY16 or 15.7.X VCDS and if it helps someone else, happy to oblige any maps that might be of use.

@Andyvee maps on the way to you

Cheers - imagine the fun I had 2 years ago trying to work out the coding and adaptation changes when there were very few label files available .............

I had a few volunteers over the Christmas period and we compared vRS to Elegance etc. to work it all out ......

Edited by andyvee