esc (stability control) button do you have it?

Will only be fitted on variants that come with the two stage "ESC Sport" option...probably motors above 150hp.

Short press of the button turns off ASR...long press puts it into ESC Sport....ESC isnt off but reduces its interference.

For cars without ESC sport you can still turn ASR off via the car menu in the infotainment but there is no dedicated button.

Mk3 Octavia is exactly the same.

• Like 1

If it works in the same way as that fitted to BMWs then a short press puts the system into 'snow mode' supposedly allowing better control on snow covered roads, whereas a long press turns it all off and puts you in the first ditch you come across :-)

That is the main reason I'm missing one :)

Ah yes. Sorry I do have that button. 3rd on the right.

So, clearly not an L&K thing, clearly not a 280PS only thing, clearly not a 4x4 only thing... Haha what could it be!?

Hmmm, anyone with an engine (pet or derv) lower than 190BHP/PS here have the button? And anyone here without DSG, do you have it?

Because from everything stated above... I'm guessing you have to have:

-Over 150BHP/PS

-DSG

To have the button?

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 1

Just checked all Superbs for sale on a danish site. Well, there was'nt that many :) Out of app. 20 cars, one had the button! A TDI 190 DSG in Style trim (SE-L or whatever you prefer). There does'nt seem to be any system in when the button is present or not.

I think we just need to check now if someone with a 150PS DSG engine has it...

And if they do then the answer has to be DSG = BUTTON.

IF they don't, then the answer has to be DSG AND GREATER THAN 150PS = BUTTON.

We have the ESC button - on a 150 TDI manual 4x4 SE L Exec estate.

Assuming it's on the RHS of the gearlever, third from bottom, image of a car with "OFF" written underneath...

Not near the car at the moment, but just checked back through some photos on my phone and can see it.