auxiliary heater (webasto)

This must be country specific as its not part of the standard specifications or on the options list for the UK.

Where are you from?

Sorry for not being clear. It was an option (965 euro).

Battery is 380A, 68Ah (standard?)

Alternator  is 180A (standard?)

Edited by rytmask

Although very welcome in the Winter temperatures that Scandinavia and parts of Europe reach I would guess. 

The UK in the main doesn't suffer too badly with the exception of some parts in the North of the country.

I had it in a X5 and it was a great system. UK price on my X6 was £1,200 in 2010 so it became a less than priority add on.

I might have specced it had it been available on the S3 although so far this Winter has been very mild. Even winter rubber hasn't seen much real need - well down here in the south it hasn't.

Standard in the L&K in Sweden one of the main resons why I went for the model. One remote but working same hours everyday I use the time setting function.

Edited by SoISC
  • Like 1

Standard in the L&K in Sweden one of the main resons why I went for the model. One remote but working same hours everyday I use the time setting function.

What engine do you have?

Could you please check if it is able to start automatically when the engine is cold? Or do you have to program /turn it on manually?

Thanks

Edited by rytmask

Does anyone know an aftermarket supplier/fitter in Southern counties please?

Hopefully the link below will work or use the link provided in post #1 and work your way through Europe to the UK and then to your area :)

http://www.webasto.com/gb/dealerlocator/?placeLong=-1.3080628999999817&placeLat=51.05769480000001&place=Hampshire%2C+United+Kingdom

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-original-Webasto-Telestart-Transmiter-T91-T91R-logo-Skoda-/252187974688?hash=item3ab7931c20:g:CE4AAOSwHQ9WWEMt

i bought i extra remote and install it in two minutes just remove fuse 7 on the dash whait and fit the fuse after 1 before 6 secunds press off button and it works

but you must by the new on with fan and off button not the one with on off button.

• Like 3

What engine do you have?

Could you please check if it is able to start automatically when the engine is cold? Or do you have to program /turn it on manually?

Thanks

On the Octavia it can be set to start automatically when the engine is cold. Its a setting for it in the infotainment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-original-Webasto-Telestart-Transmiter-T91-T91R-logo-Skoda-/252187974688?hash=item3ab7931c20:g:CE4AAOSwHQ9WWEMt

i bought i extra remote and install it in two minutes just remove fuse 7 on the dash whait and fit the fuse after 1 before 6 secunds press off button and it works

but you must by the new on with fan and off button not the one with on off button.

what the difference between the old and new one? 

And what is the description of your fuse no 7? I have to fuses in my SuperB which says something about aux heating and dont know which one to take out...

• 1 month later...

what the difference between the old and new one? 

And what is the description of your fuse no 7? I have to fuses in my SuperB which says something about aux heating and dont know which one to take out...

is it a mk3 superb you have if thats the case it is a small fuse under the steeringwheel number 7 take it out whait put it in agai and after 1 befor 6 sec press off button on remote.

the diffrent of the remote is probebly other frekvence or somthin the only thing you can see is if it has (on off button old version) new version fan and off buttons-l1600.jpgnew 

s-l1600.jpg

old

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me if UK Spec Diesels have the electric PTC Heater fitted. I remember a lot of discussion a while ago suggesting they didn't even though the equivalent VWs and Audis did.

Not offered even as an option. Probably a VAG imposed restriction to maintain price point, and to force buyers into their other models if they want one - same as LED headlights.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

Not offered even as an option. Probably a VAG imposed restriction to maintain price point, and to force buyers into their other models if they want one - same as LED headlights.

Thanks for that confirmation.

Fantastic piece of kit that webasto. With a newborn baby in the family, the ability to have a warmed up car when you leave the house is highly valued. -10 degrees the other morning, car covered in frost and the windows iced down - a press of the button from inside the house, wait 30 minutes and the car has melted. Quite cool. After getting my first car with a webasto, i do notice the humming of other cars with the same humming away in the neighborhood. Not great for the environment i guess, but having a heated engine also contributes to the engine reaching optimum working temperature quicker, so may not be so bad after all...

• Like 2

Not great for the environment i guess, but having a heated engine also contributes to the engine reaching optimum working temperature quicker, so may not be so bad after all...

Haa, you think that's bad, I'm over working in Canada (Alberta) and the standard practice in cold weather 0°C or less is the start your engine remotely and leave running for 15min before getting in.

When that engine is a 6.7ltr V8 Powerstroke pickup, you could run 40 Webasco heaters for hours on the gallons drunk by that one engine alone. When you have car park of 50+ cars/pickups/trucks and vans (straight/V6 in most cars,big V8 everything else) running for 15 mins each it's a shameful waste, but with none of these wee heaters even an option except on posh motory they do as they always have. At approx 36p a litre they can afford too as well.

All I will say is that getting into a warm car is preferable to planting sitting your butt in a -40°C leather seat. Very welcome indeed.

Edited by blahde2