L&K 1.4 collected today.

GreenlineIIEstate

OK, so that's your Xmas present sorted - now what have you got left over to buy a present for for her indoors? New frock? Bottle of surprisingly cheap perfume from that nice man at the market?

Which way is it to the corner? 

OK, so that's your Xmas present sorted - now what have you got left over to buy a present for for her indoors? New frock? Bottle of surprisingly cheap perfume from that nice man at the market?

a bottle of snow foam or new chamois would be good  :no:

Edited by DonjSZ5

SWMBO got a brand new Citigo last week.

Another thing that's hard to miss is how much boot space you lose if you spec the spare wheel!!!

hmmm don't mention spare wheels. I spec'd the kit and told the dealer not to fit it because I was leaving the wheel in the garage. OK they didn't fit it BUT what they DID NOT mention was I need not have purchased the kit, and could have just bought the wheel. Another few bob they made.

Collected the new 1.4tsi L&K in muscovado earlier.

I see they haven't got any Lookers stickers for the rear window yet!

Mind you, I always remove the dealer sticker as soon as I get a new car home.... unless they want to pay me for advertising!

Picked mine up yesterday too - very impressed. The dealer gave me a very comprehensive run through of all the kit, including time spent using the Park Assist, which is brilliant technology. 

I'm used to driving a 2.0litre Mazda Mx-5 so it'll take some adjusting to get used to a much bigger car with a lower performance ratio, but having said that I'm already impressed with the urge from the engine when pulling onto roundabouts, or accelerating down slip roads to get into a gap. 

It feels very, very good already.

• Like 1

It feels very, very good already.

I thought it wouldn't feel very much different to the 140bhp diesel 'Black Edition' I already had which is a SE with a few extra bits.

It feels totally different to the diesel. Much smoother and quieter and with the leather and sunroof a lot 'more special'.

Very impressed so far and very pleased with the package.

• Like 1

Congratulations, nice colour. Yes lots of bits to play with in the L & K. Have you noticed the moving headlight beam on start up and going round corners? It still makes me smile!   :sun:

Yeah. 

There's only about a foot left now.

There's so much to start with unless you are 7' plus I shouldn't think it would be a problem.

I'm 6'4". When I was playing around with the seat height in the dealer showroom car, I found that the limit on how high I could have the seat was set by my eye line going above window line - that happened before my head got anywhere near the roof lining, with or without a sunroof. In that respect, it's very much like a van.

Edited by Citigopher

Excellent - am very interested to hear what your average mpg is.

And me.

I have the 1.2 TSi + DSG and over 40,000 miles have averaged 41.70 MPG. Just wish Skoda would offer a 1.4TSi with DSG in the UK.

• Like 2

Why would have a Velux window reduce the headroom?

On most cars Graham, the cassette that contains the sun roof sits inside the car below the normal roofline so that when the roof is closed, the outside of the sun roof is level with the normal roof.  ie the frame and slide gear reduce the headroom inside the car by an inch or so (in old money).

On some cars this reduction is even greater as the moving panel slides inside the car above the headlining (eg my RS2000). In the Yeti, the sliding panel slides outside (above) the rear fixed glass section so the intrusion is not so noticeable.

There's also a sun blind that can be drawn forward inside the car and together with the sunroof cassette, this does indeed reduce the headroom by a couple of inches. Having said that, there's so much headroom normally, It's unlikely to be a problem.

• Like 1

Interested to know how it compares power wise to a 140 diesel - is the loss of torque noticeable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to know that too.