Remap 2015 VRS Petrol

I am thinking of mapping my VRS and am considering Superchips.

Has anybody used Superchips and if so what was the results and would you recommend?

Thanks

Used Superchips along time ago on previous motors, many more options available these days. DTUK seem to be quite popular amongst the VAG boys, and along with their 'pedal box' is an option I am considering at the moment. Box can be installed and removed therefore undetectable for warranty purposes, as opposed to a remap, which I believe can now be detected. Sure you will get other views along soon enough.

Superchips are very experienced - I used their Bluefin system on my E60 530d and the results were amazing. Great customer service too, think a guy called Dominic is their main sales / service guy - really helpful chap. Also I had a MK2 FL vRS TSI and had that remapped by Shark Performance - again a very knowledgable company and great results.

As Nezman says though, you have warranty to consider, and now manufacturers are wise to remapping, it's very easily detectable and if they want to play funny buggers, you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

Heard great things about DTUK - I went to them for a demo of their plug and play box system and it works very well, and I'm sure I will take the plunge very soon and actually buy the thing. Again great service and a good bunch of guys who work there.

Given the fact you have a 15 plate car, my choice would be the tuning box route and not a remap, but each to their own.

Hope it helps!

Used Superchips along time ago on previous motors, many more options available these days. DTUK seem to be quite popular amongst the VAG boys, and along with their 'pedal box' is an option I am considering at the moment. Box can be installed and removed therefore undetectable for warranty purposes, as opposed to a remap, which I believe can now be detected. Sure you will get other views along soon enough.

Are you sure about that though re tuning boxes not detected?  I would imagine the ECU is capable of storing the max values that boost/fuel etc have reached so even with a tuning box it could be possible to see the car has been putting out more than it should......?

Are you sure about that though re tuning boxes not detected?  I would imagine the ECU is capable of storing the max values that boost/fuel etc have reached so even with a tuning box it could be possible to see the car has been putting out more than it should......?

I changes the signal from the ecu to the relevant engine sensors after the ecu has sent them, so the factory ecu thinks everything is as it should be.

Factory ecu ------- DTUK box -------- Engine.

I get that for the things its tweaking it increase power but in VCDS theres things like Requested Boost vs Actual Boost, will it block every sensor that's taking readings for the ECU to decide what to do?  Does the box block/change everything that could make it possible to tell?

• Like 1

The DTUK box sits in-between the ECU and boost sensor. It also sits between the ECU to manifold pressure and camshaft sensors. The ECU will only see (and record) what the box wants it to. Scouring Google shows that the only person who has had one detected, had left his box/cabling installed during service work. DTUK (and similar multi-sensor tuning boxes) would appear the be the most undetectable, and easiest to fit/remove tuning mod. DTUK have a very very good reputation for quality and Customer Service.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

This all sounds great but don't forget the accident situation where you can't take the box out before the relevant authorities can get their hands on your motor.

This is, however, not a warranty issue, but an insurance concern. Thus your insurance provider should be made aware of such modification.

• Like 2

I highly recommend the DTUK box plus the Pedal Box.  Ability to remove the complete setup and get the car back to standard in circa 30 minutes, plus both increasing driveability and power made it a worthy mod.  While there are plenty of places that are now offering remaps for the car, I like the fact I can return it to standard and not have it cost me to put back on.

Will have to get to a rolling road soon but, butt dyno says car is much quicker and SWMBO swears alot more at me now.....

I've never been a supporter of tuning boxes but on my past cars re-maps have never worried me should a warrenty issue arise.

But on the mk3 with its locked ecu I'm tempted to suggest a tuning box.

I was going to revo mine......but I might have the coolant issue that some have as the coolant has dropped since its first long run.....so I'm leaning towards not modify the mk3 as I'm not as confident in this car as previous Skoda's.

I've never been a supporter of tuning boxes but on my past cars re-maps have never worried me should a warrenty issue arise.

But on the mk3 with its locked ecu I'm tempted to suggest a tuning box.

I was going to revo mine......but I might have the coolant issue that some have as the coolant has dropped since its first long run.....so I'm leaning towards not modify the mk3 as I'm not as confident in this car as previous Skoda's.

Apr have now got over the security on the ecu

http://www.goapr.co.uk/news/?p=615#more-615

• Like 1

For anyone interested I have a DTUK FSR+ (latest version for mk3 VRS TSI) for sale in the Classified section. I have a new car arriving in January so no longer need it.

Yes please  :yes:

Gaz

I'd be interested to know some definable differences of these things. Like a quarter mile drag of a standard car versus remapped.

(Not that I'm actually interested in having one just now/yet, but would just be interesting to paint an actual picture of the actual real world differences)

Some real quarter mile times for normal vs this stuff in real world terms, only just interested as you hear a lot about these sort of things but its only really relevant in real world terms !

I'd be interested to know some definable differences of these things. Like a quarter mile drag of a standard car versus remapped.

(Not that I'm actually interested in having one just now/yet, but would just be interesting to paint an actual picture of the actual real world differences)

Some real quarter mile times for normal vs this stuff in real world terms, only just interested as you hear a lot about these sort of things but its only really relevant in real world terms !

Taken from APR website using their Golf GTI

post-100038-0-77873500-1451720729_thumb.png

Thats quite close figures to my mates non-supercharged Menaro v8 6.2 unmodified.

That said even with those figures I wouldn't be in a hurry to Santa Pod even with that, I'd just hate to see a constant stream of red top novas and corsas coming alongside you, hardly worth bothering for ;)

Mind you might have been to some degree his lack of experience, he was struggling to get sub 15s and his car was meant to do at least 14 or even less! Unlike the corsa boys though he'd gone to absolutely no effort to lighten his car etc.

Edited by vRSAnt

I too have been looking at remaps & to be honest there is really only 4 companies I would like to map my car with, I have put them in-order of who I would prefer!

1) http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/selected_map?Skoda-Octavia-III-(5E)-2013--2.0-TSI-vRS-220bhp-Stage1  (285bhp) Freedom members get 10% off

2) http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/383141-apr-winter-sale-20-off-all-apr-software-1st-31st-january-2016/

2a) http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html  (316bhp)

3) http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk3-2013-/182/stage-1/  (309-328bhp)

4) http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia-mk3/apr-stage-1-remap-2-0-tfsi-210-220-230bhp-engines  (305bhp)

2 & 2a are the same company but there offering a 20% discount at the moment, to which none of the other remap companies are! 

& even thou company 2 & 3 offer more in BHP I'm still inclined towards company (A) as I have heard nothing but great reviews & comments as regards them ;) but would like to see if company (A) will be offering any January sale etc  B) in-order to make me just think sod it & get it done.

but saying that & not ruling out the other companies   B) has anyone had there vehicle(s) Skoda mk3 vRS 2.0TSI Petrol mapped by them & also any comments good or bad as regards the service & most of all the map on the vehicle etc...

Cheers

Edited by BATVANVRS

I too have been looking at remaps & to be honest there is really only 4 companies I would like to map my car with, I have put them in-order of who I would prefer!

1) http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/selected_map?Skoda-Octavia-III-(5E)-2013--2.0-TSI-vRS-220bhp-Stage1  (285bhp) Freedom members get 10% off

2) http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/383141-apr-winter-sale-20-off-all-apr-software-1st-31st-january-2016/

2a) http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html  (316bhp)

3) http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk3-2013-/182/stage-1/  (309-328bhp)

4) http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia-mk3/apr-stage-1-remap-2-0-tfsi-210-220-230bhp-engines  (305bhp)

2 & 2a are the same company but there offering a 20% discount at the moment, to which none of the other remap companies are! 

& even thou company 2 & 3 offer more in BHP I'm still inclined towards company (A) as I have heard nothing but great reviews & comments as regards them ;) but would like to see if company (A) will be offering any January sale etc  B) in-order to make me just think sod it & get it done.

but saying that & not ruling out the other companies   B) has anyone had there vehicle(s) Skoda mk3 vRS 2.0TSI Petrol mapped by them & also any comments good or bad as regards the service & most of all the map on the vehicle etc...

Cheers

Have you not considered the DTUK box? If so, why not?

In my experienced opinion you're going to get a great product from revo, Apr or shark. There's no questioning that.

What results the box yields I honestly couldn't say.

And some times you'll get the odd tell tale signs a tuning box has been fitted like particular fault codes where parameters have been exceeded. What information skoda see is a different matter.

Thats quite close figures to my mates non-supercharged Menaro v8 6.2 unmodified.

That said even with those figures I wouldn't be in a hurry to Santa Pod even with that, I'd just hate to see a constant stream of red top novas and corsas coming alongside you, hardly worth bothering for ;)

Mind you might have been to some degree his lack of experience, he was struggling to get sub 15s and his car was meant to do at least 14 or even less! Unlike the corsa boys though he'd gone to absolutely no effort to lighten his car etc.

Never seen the point in that. A day on the track is fun but just driving in a straight line as quick as you can for 400m doesn't do it for me.

And some times you'll get the odd tell tale signs a tuning box has been fitted like particular fault codes where parameters have been exceeded. What information skoda see is a different matter.

Err. All the service guys do is what they are paid to do, not to look for error messages that you can delete with a VCDS anyway. So be polite, remove the Tuning box before taking it in for servicing & you'll be ok.

Yes with enough digging it's existence can be summarised, which'll get you a TD1 but, no one is gonna do that work on a service.

Which is why only 1 has been found.

I might add the turbo boast sensor is a PITA to fit and remove so, 30 mins to remove might not be attainable by all.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Have you not considered the DTUK box? If so, why not?

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the tuning boxes, I prefer the way a remap adjusts/change everything from timing, fuel pressure, boost pressure, basically the whole ecu parameters to adapt to the vehicle & if you change to a FMIC, induction kit & even a exhaust you can always get the map re-tweaked to tailor your mods etc.

I can also see the other advantages of having a box, but there just not for me!

• Like 1