Remap 2015 VRS Petrol

Shark Performance are offering for the month of January 25% off of there remaps :) now I'm very tempted but before I get head over heels, has anyone had there Skoda mk3 2.0TSI petrol DSG mapped by Shark & how do you find the map, the DSG box with the map

As definitely want to get this booked in & done before the end of this month.

Thanks ;)

Edited by BATVANVRS

I've not seen any results from a Shark map on this car yet, other than what is on-line.  I have had Revo Stage1, then 2, currently on Stage3 plus have had the DSG mapped too.  I'm sure they can help if you give them a ring, not that far down the M1 either.  Give me PM if you want any more info.

• Like 3

?

Other than the Mapping of the ECU and DSG what Hardware Modifications & Upgrades have you done to your vRS to take it to Stage 3?

Is there a Dyno Sheet you can show for your car please?

I have Intercooler, intake, Scorpion exhaust and the IS38 S3/7R Turbo.  Graphs on link below, these are on Revos own Hub dyno for wheel figures and at an independent Maha dyno for the flywheel figures.

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk3-2013-/182/stage-3/

• Like 2

Shark Performance are offering for the month of January 25% off of there remaps :) now I'm very tempted but before I get head over heels, has anyone had there Skoda mk3 2.0TSI petrol DSG mapped by Shark & how do you find the map, the DSG box with the map

As definitely want to get this booked in & done before the end of this month.

Thanks ;)

Must delete this lol 25% is a good offer.

The mappers might be at the autosport show at the NEC, if that helps anyone wanting to chat.

I know from experience Shark are very helpful and take time to explain options.

I have Intercooler, intake, Scorpion exhaust and the IS38 S3/7R Turbo.  Graphs on link below, these are on Revos own Hub dyno for wheel figures and at an independent Maha dyno for the flywheel figures.

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk3-2013-/182/stage-3/

How much did hardware changes cost?

How much did hardware changes cost?

Revo intercooler £520 + VAT

Revo Carbon intake £299 + VAT

Scorpion Exhaust de-cat downpipe is around £300 + VAT and then either res or non-res CAT back exhaust at around £670 + VAT

Then cost of the turbo which I think is about £1200 + VAT

• Like 1

That's £3.5k plus fitting!! Don't get me wrong I think your spec is great and I like what you've done.

But my goodness that's some pocket money spent there lol

• Like 1

That's £3.5k plus fitting!! Don't get me wrong I think your spec is great and I like what you've done.

But my goodness that's some pocket money spent there lol

True but it is just the same as any other previous model going to Stage2 and then having a turbo fitted.  A 2.0TFSI model going from 200ps stock to 350ps Stage3 would cost around the same, maybe a bit less as the turbos are cheaper to buy.

For me, that is a lot of money from stage 1 (which requires only software remap) to stage 3. And that does not include any suspension changes which would be preferable.

I mean, obviously expected as the higher you want to push the car's performance the more you have to invest.

But if stage 1 really gives ~ 320ps, and stage 3 ~ 400ps,  I dont know if there is a considerable difference in real life power (for that much money).

Was the car on some dynos? How about some acceleration videos?  :P

For me, that is a lot of money from stage 1 (which requires only software remap) to stage 3. And that does not include any suspension changes which would be preferable.

I mean, obviously expected as the higher you want to push the car's performance the more you have to invest.

But if stage 1 really gives ~ 320ps, and stage 3 ~ 400ps,  I dont know if there is a considerable difference in real life power (for that much money).

Was the car on some dynos? How about some acceleration videos?   :p

The car has some revised springs but nothing expensive.  The main difference between stage2 is the fact it just keeps pulling to the rev limit, not tail off.  Providing you have new/decent tyres it will hook up in the dry in 3rd when running high boost and Shell vPower, otherwise it will get 40+mpg on a cruise and I can still take my 3 boys and dogs :angel:

Yes graphs on the link above from two different dynos, plus videos of the acceleration.

The car has some revised springs but nothing expensive.  The main difference between stage2 is the fact it just keeps pulling to the rev limit, not tail off.  Providing you have new/decent tyres it will hook up in the dry in 3rd when running high boost and Shell vPower, otherwise it will get 40+mpg on a cruise and I can still take my 3 boys and dogs :angel:

Yes graphs on the link above from two different dynos, plus videos of the acceleration.

Just realised there was a video on the Revo link...170 MPH with another gear to go is hilarious in a Skoda  :D

Let's be honest, with that kind of power and torque going through the front wheels, it's not going to set the world on fire as it won't be able to put the power down (I'm assuming). But the in gear acceleration must be hilarious! I need to have a go!!

True but it is just the same as any other previous model going to Stage2 and then having a turbo fitted. A 2.0TFSI model going from 200ps stock to 350ps Stage3 would cost around the same, maybe a bit less as the turbos are cheaper to buy.

Wasn't meant in a negative way and I'm sure most mods for previous models are equally expensive!

I'm sure if I had the money I'd do the same ;)

Was the car on some dynos? How about some acceleration videos?   :p

£3.5k plus fitting, to go from ~200bhp > ~400bhp. That isn't too bad at all, the cost generally increases (to release extra ponies) exponentially, with tuning

£3.5k plus fitting, to go from ~200bhp > ~400bhp. That isn't too bad at all, the cost generally increases (to release extra ponies) exponentially, with tuning

Actually, you go from 220 on paper (235 in real life) to 320 (stage 1) for 700eur at revo. Than the rest begins. But if I had the money I wouldnt mind at all.

I'm picking a 220 up in March and been thinking about a revo map as they are about 10 mins from me. Has anyone ever had any issues with a map, I'm just worried about loosing my warranty, thinking maybe run for 6 months get any niggles out the way then crack on.

Actually, you go from 220 on paper (235 in real life) to 320 (stage 1) for 700eur at revo. Than the rest begins. But if I had the money I wouldnt mind at all.

Yep, that's what I meant by the cost increasing exponentially beyond stage 1. The first 100bhp is relatively cheap, beyond that it gets more expensive.

I'm planning on getting a Revo stage1 once my warranty has expired.

have any of the tuners cracked the ECU protection for the EA888 engines newer than 03/2015?

if you look at most of the sites they have a little disclaimer about not being able to remap the newer ECU variant which apparently was introduced in ~ march 2015

• 1 month later...