TG news

Aspman

I've never really enjoyed that bit either, but I wondered if it was a big draw for the 'celebs' to go on the show. A lot of them genuinely seemed to enjoy it.

Keep the driving bit, let's just see the driver and hear their own review of the cars.

The original format of the stig was to cover the fact that their driver might have to be replaced, and to avoid contractual issues with their drivers full time employers.

There was little old me still holding a candle for Jay Leno. Shame. That's easily my favourite Top Gear episode. The Bathurst, Jay Leno, Aston and Brian Eno.

this new line up looks like it was designed by committee for maximum commercial appeal. The BBC must have run out of boxes to tick. I was ok with Evan and Joey and taking it from there.

It will be interesting to see the costs of the new series and how much revenue it generates in overseas sales compared with 'old' top gear.

If things don't go well the BBC might be pleading with Evans to punch a producer.

Does it need six presenters? I thought the Beeb were facing budget cuts?

It could well be that these six get less £££'s than the old three.

I wonder what the line up will be after the first series (I doubt it'll be all of this lot)?

Will it even get a second series? Will the Beeb end up having to pay Netflix to screen their version?

It could well be that these six get less £££'s than the old three.

I wonder what the line up will be after the first series (I doubt it'll be all of this lot)?

Will it even get a second series? Will the Beeb end up having to pay Netflix to screen their version?

Will there be more Top Gear presenters than Top Gear viewers!

It smacks of 'BBC ' to me. 

The old format made them a fortune, so lets throw the budget at  a new bunch, then in a couple of years, when it hasn't worked, because we have lost the idea of the original concept, we will shelve it, then resurrect it ( think Dr Who ) 5 years later, start again....bring back Pogles Wood, or Trumpton (I must be getting old...)

Liken it to the original Golf GTI, brilliant, often copied, but never better ( yes, I can remember the original..., much copied, often good, but never the same..)

Wayyyyy toooooo many bodies ! Thats expensive for the beeb , bring back the 3 stoogies i say

Transmissions have more gears nowadays......

Could be worse. Could be CVT Gear with an infinite number of presenters!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It's not like anyone actually likes Chris Evans either.....or do they?

I always get the impression that he is a bit me,me,me. I don't go much on his presenting skills either.

It's not like anyone actually likes Chris Evans either.....or do they?

I'm pretty sure Chris Evans likes Chris Evans a lot...not sure about anyone else though.

I lost any interest I had in the show when they announced Chris Evans being the host and lost further interest when Matt Le Blanc and Eddie Jordan were added plus as mentioned above, it looks like from the pictures so far they're trying to replicate the Clarkson format rather than go with something new themselves.  I think Chris Harris' videos are good on Youtube and I think Sabine Schmitz is an amazing driver (had the luck to get her for the Ring Taxi, the way she hurtled that big M5 around like a go-kart was ridiculous) and may have been interested if it was just them and someone similar hosting the show but I guess it's difficult to make that interesting.

I'm curious to see how the Clarkson crew get on, there's a little optimistic part of me that hopes perhaps change will be good for something fresh but I'm largely thinking the TG format was getting pretty stale and most of their DVD stuff hasn't been up to much either,

John

Edited by JohnMcL7
  • Like 1