NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

Vehicle - L&K 280PS 4x4 Hatch with DCC only done 400-miles so far and no noises.

Edited by Prykey

statistics 2016.04.10 from this tread -

present:

TSI 280 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (unclerichy; lao; l4wrence)

TSI 220 DSG --- DCC L&K (pentaxian) 

TSI 220 DSG --- DCC Style (Deerjohn; MartiniB; todor87)

TDI 190 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (difference; skogis; Enriquez; mrBira)

TDI 190 DSG ??? DCC L&K (FelisBengalensis)

TDI 190 ??? --- --- SE L (sendo111)

TDI 190 DSG ??? ??? SE L (Tonydo)

TDI 150 DSG --- DCC L&K (Sagalout; Simon-R; Tonydo)

TDI 150 ??? --- DCC Style (SuperbMan71)

none:

TSI 280 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (micloi; sooty1444; Prykey)

TSI 280 DSG 4x4 --- SE L (Nick_H)

TSI 180 DSG --- DCC L&K (ssc)

TSI 150 MAN --- --- SE L (czexpat)

TDI 190 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (Kungfugerbil)

TDI 190 DSG --- DCC L&K (Devonshiredave)

TDI 150 MAN 4x4 --- SE L (muddyboots)

??? 150 DSG ??? ??? ??? (blue_boy)

please do quote last post, the first can't be edited

Edited by MartiniB
  • Like 1

i think it can be some rubber bushing thats to hard, because mine now when its warmer the nois is mutch better

Hello guys,

after discussing this matter with several Czech and Slovak customers and after communication with some of briskoda members, we have contacted Skoda to give us a clue about what is happening and how will they solve it.

It was not easy, even the top level managers were not able to say something clear, but after several weeks of desperate tries to get some information about solution, we got it today. We made an article about it here:

http://www.autoforum.cz/zivot-ridice/novy-superb-ma-problem-s-klepajicim-podvozkem-skoda-si-s-nim-nevedela-rady/

The reason is known and new parts should be ready soon so it should be solved in next weeks or so. If you get some information from Skoda dealer, please let us know, we will inform about it further. By know, we don't know about Skoda client who would be informed directly by the manufacturer.

So good news maybe :-) We will see...

Thanks for update and info. I really hope that the solution will be soon...!!! Today I talked to my dealer and chief of dealer's service and he told me that they are waiting for the official publication of "technical solution" in the Skoda factory system that could happen in the "nearest future" (some weeks or so). Waiting, waiting, waiting...

• Like 1

My Goodness, no wonder the folks who are experiencing similar are not happy. That noise is unbearable! That road is however appalling. I did however drive at similar speeds and on a similar rutted track at the weekend and there was definitely no noise in mine.

Very odd.

Called in to see my dealer today. Confirmed that there is now a UK tech bulletin issued. It refers to the hydro bush on the trailing arm. ( I managed to sneek a look across the desk upside down reading etc).

As mentioned several times above there is no available fix yet. My job card is approved for work as soon as solution is available. Current status is that is NOT a safety issue.

I know it can be frustrating to wait for a solution but I am happy to wait now for the solution to be found by the Skoda engineers. After all the suspension set up is pretty complex these days and this is a new model. I would rather wait for the proper solution than have them rush into a quickfix.

hth

• Like 1

....So in the meantime the factory continues to build the cars with the fault. Crazy.

Why? Imagine the loss and backlog if they didn't. After all. It's a small issue and not affecting safety whatsoever.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Called in to see my dealer today. Confirmed that there is now a UK tech bulletin issued. It refers to the hydro bush on the trailing arm. ( I managed to sneek a look across the desk upside down reading etc).

As mentioned several times above there is no available fix yet. My job card is approved for work as soon as solution is available. Current status is that is NOT a safety issue.

I know it can be frustrating to wait for a solution but I am happy to wait now for the solution to be found by the Skoda engineers. After all the suspension set up is pretty complex these days and this is a new model. I would rather wait for the proper solution than have them rush into a quickfix.

hth

My thoughts exactly. Mine knocks at very low speeds but as long as it isn't a safety issue I will live with it. As soon as I know there is a fix, I'll be on the phone to the dealer, stat!

These sort of things always crop up on new models, I will wait for the boffins to come up with the right fix the first time round. 

• Like 1

Why? Imagine the loss and backlog if they didn't. After all. It's a small issue and not affecting safety whatsoever.

How do you know it's not a safety issue? Because Skoda say it's not?

A recall on a new vehicle is not a small issue.

Edited by philpix

It is NOT a recall! It is a tech bulletin. The probable fact must be that Skoda tech have identified the source of the noise but have yet to identify a replacement that doesn't knock. (see earlier post about a replacement done in Europe? which did not solve the problem)

The knock might therefore be said to be 'cosmetic' in layman terms rather than technically unsafe. 

My point was that at least Skoda are NOT saying within spec; they agree it is not acceptable to either the buyer or the seller which is exactly why Skoda are seeking a fix.

Ok I get your point. So when the fault is found and the new component is manufactured surely existing cars will have a recall?

I am not sure what Skoda do re contacting owners when they issue a standard tech bulletin. More likely a next service call if you haven't already got the problem logged with your local service crew. 

That's what I meant about my job card already being approved; as soon as the fix is available I will get a call to book it in for the work to be completed,

hth

How do you know it's not a safety issue? Because Skoda say it's not?

A recall on a new vehicle is not a small issue.

Seriously. How could this be a safety issue?

Time will tell.

I just hope Skoda sort out mine before it arrives.

The problem is with the rear suspension. If a component fails at 70mph surely that's a safety issue. Skoda have not solved this design fault.

• Like 1

Time will tell.

I just hope Skoda sort out mine before it arrives.

The problem is with the rear suspension. If a component fails at 70mph surely that's a safety issue. Skoda have not solved this design fault.

Nothing points to that it would fail more easily. It's just a sound issue.

Have know driven over 700 km on various roads and speeds and have been trying very hard to hear any type of sounds from the rear. I have even been asking my wife and daughter to keep their ears "tuned in" for anything unusual. Now that I have watched this video I am certain that I do not have this problem. At least for the moment it still can´t be heard. I'm wondering why not? Is it because it has got warmer or I have not driven long enough on uneven roads? Can´t really say.

It will be interesting to see what the dealer does when the tech bulletin is sent out to them. Prior to collecting our car I informed them in writing that this was a problem being discussed. They didn´t know about it. At least that is what they are saying. Will have to wait and see. In the meantime I'm going to see if I can Google Translate the article that was posted earlier by PMiler and possibly thereafter send it to our dealer.

Edited by ssc

My dealer, since already January, is every time repeating "it's not a safety issue" as factory is giving this notice every time when dealer is in contact with them. I am not interested in hearing this message from factory at all, as my problem is constant rattle noise which is making me crazy. Driving with this new car makes me feel like I am driving with a horse old carts... Shame Skoda, shame!!!

• Like 1

My dealer, since already January, is every time repeating "it's not a safety issue" as factory is giving this notice every time when dealer is in contact with them. I am not interested in hearing this message from factory at all, as my problem is constant rattle noise which is making me crazy. Driving with this new car makes me feel like I am driving with a horse old carts... Shame Skoda, shame!!!

Yeah. In your case it's probably a safety issue... And not due to the car. Haha!

• Like 1