Castle Combe Action Day 02/04/2016 - Track Time + Show

devonutopia

Two slots and that's very close to a good 2-3 hours at somewhere like Bedford.

Maybe once they actually confirm the prices we could make the decision on just show only or both.

Thanks jason for organising this.

Had a fantastic day

Started off grumpy with the weather being dull but got better.

Was having few issues with the new tyres I put on as they was rubbing too much.

Plus we ended up taking a detour onto some dodgy country lanes..thort my suspension was a gonna for sure.

Ruined my inner arch lining.

Did a quick D.I.Y job to raise front coilovers &

Managed to get there JUST in time for 1st track session and join the back of the line.

Should've raised back ones too but wasnt as bad.

With all the recent mods I did on handling the car performed brilliantly. (Rarb and front polybushes & federal Rsr-s on fronts)

Made a hell of a difference compared to last year as i opted to cut the grass for them. Lol

Shout out to all briskodians who i saw and met.

8aa53bbda400d0262d0f66bbcb8aa350.jpg

8d048a5431a7d3204be06fa1953bcaae.jpg

Mine.

8042ec6f3c6e2b69171f50ee31d9d4c1.jpg

ac19915828bf7422b3a20edb13145205.jpg

4926bf5a321818fdd1b695f9c5444d23.jpg

acbc392bcc74975452ced3c0e6314393.jpg

Have a video made of 2nd track session. But need audio edited. .trust me lol

• Like 3

I have my videos ripped onto the computer but need to stick them together and maybe mute the audio. :D

Fun day had by all, it was excellent.

In other news, I ended the second track session with metal on metal in my front brakes and making a horrific noise by the time I got home. All is not well. Just as well I have replacement transport for the week. :D

• Like 1

I have my videos ripped onto the computer but need to stick them together and maybe mute the audio. :D

Fun day had by all, it was excellent.

In other news, I ended the second track session with metal on metal in my front brakes and making a horrific noise by the time I got home. All is not well. Just as well I have replacement transport for the week. :D

In case you forgot your overtake before the corner was sketchy af ;) I didn't get that on camera because the GoPro died! :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In case you forgot your overtake before the corner was sketchy af ;) I didn't get that on camera because the GoPro died! :(

Ah, shame. You wouldn't have caught the flame popping either then.

I do remember it, I knew it was dodgy at the time. You hear both me and Dave say so in the video.

Sorry mate.

Ah, shame. You wouldn't have caught the flame popping either then.

I do remember it, I knew it was dodgy at the time. You hear both me and Dave say so in the video.

Sorry mate.

Don't apologise! Was all in good spirt, I knew you were there next to me and knew not to cut in and I trust you knew what you were doing :)

Good to catchup again guys. No pictures from me this year ....

Appreciate the ride along, Barrie. :rock: The vroomster was going very well when your hose popped, which was a shame as you were just getting into it and I was loving it!!

• Like 2

Good to catchup again guys. No pictures from me this year ....

Appreciate the ride along, Barrie. :rock: The vroomster was going very well when your hose popped, which was a shame as you were just getting into it and I was loving it!!

With the benefit of hindsight, I should have gone straight into Merlin Motorsport after the first session instead of swearing for half an hour.

I've given the Roomster some welly on the way home and it seems to be boosting better than it had been before, particularly in 2nd where previously there had been a noticeable flat spot.

One wonders whether the OEM boost pipe clip has been straining for some time and a few laps round Combe avec beans was enough for it to give up the ghost.

Pleased you enjoyed the short ride along Jay.

I've got some 'FakePro' rooftop footage I'll upload when I can, but not a lot to see.

I'll see whether the dashcam picks up the boost pipe POP better :thumbup:

• Like 1

Don't apologise! Was all in good spirt, I knew you were there next to me and knew not to cut in and I trust you knew what you were doing :)

lol... my exact words were "don't stress he knew you were there " ;)

• Like 1

So this is the footage from My R32 of both sessions Skoda hunting 

Session 1:

Session 2: 

Was another great day out at Combe and as always the track standards were impeccable. Which was not the case on some of the open sessions I took part in on the day! Thanks to Jase for organising this! 

Looking forward to Bedford now! See you all there! 

ilmor 

• Like 2

So this is the footage from My R32 of both sessions Skoda hunting

Session 1:

Session 2:

Was another great day out at Combe and as always the track standards were impeccable. Which was not the case on some of the open sessions I took part in on the day! Thanks to Jase for organising this!

Looking forward to Bedford now! See you all there!

ilmor

Your car sounds so amazing! Apologies for smoking you out in the last two mins of video 1 ! Edited by Stuart27183

Thanks to Jason for arranging the day, only did 3 laps on 1st session, managed the full 15 mins on the 2nd, time to get some new track wheels(ready for Bedford) my spiders have about had it, so many weights on them to counter the buckling think I must of lost some, anything above 90 and it shakes my fillings out.

• Like 1

Your car sounds so amazing! Apologies for smoking you out in the last two mins of video 1 !

Haha thanks! Everyone says that and it does sound epic! Can thank Miltek for that! No worries, used to have that problem myself a few years ago!

Hope everyone had a good day!