Castle Combe Action Day 02/04/2016 - Track Time + Show

devonutopia

Is anyone staying at Premier Inn Chippenham?  

Unfortunately not - far too posh for a northener like me! I'm crashing in Swindon tonight. Is there a particular time I need to be there for? As a newbie i'm unsure where and when I need to be there.

• Like 1

Unfortunately not - far too posh for a northener like me! I'm crashing in Swindon tonight. Is there a particular time I need to be there for? As a newbie i'm unsure where and when I need to be there.

Just spoken to devondheua (can't remember the full shebang) and he said roll up to the yellow gate for about 8:30, then we'll be the first club stand on the left

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, spotted you parked up and posted a piccie the Facebook page :) looks very different from the last time I saw it at Blyton

Yes, TD Pro Race in Silver FTW.

You'll note it'll be a little bit faster than Blyton too :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for organising Jason. Managed 4 whole laps before blowing the clips of the top boost pipe, and an insufficient repair meant it blew again just out of the pits for the second session :(

Mikalor to the rescue from on-site Merlin Motorsport and I'm good to get home.

Aside from the obvious, the car performed really well, but need to source some spacers for the front to alleviate the rubbing from the 215 profile RSR's

• Like 4

As above, thanks to Jason for organising everything. Had a great time, and the Briskoda only sessions were a brilliant idea.

That they were, seems there were a few mixed in with our session but they were sensible :) thanks for organising Jason

I didn't sell the full allocation on Briskoda so had to go to local facebook contacts for the rest.   heard of one bad move in a corner by one of them, but chap apologised and all good in final session.

I can sort something for Sept but same deal is likely to be £62-£63 for the same thing.  The only "saving" is you can have 4 people per car entry pass with it.

• Like 3

Thanks for organising Jason. Managed 4 whole laps before blowing the clips of the top boost pipe, and an insufficient repair meant it blew again just out of the pits for the second session :(

Mikalor to the rescue from on-site Merlin Motorsport and I'm good to get home.

Aside from the obvious, the car performed really well, but need to source some spacers for the front to alleviate the rubbing from the 215 profile RSR's

If all failed mate we couldve limped it to mine and sorted it :)

Glad u got home ok

• Like 1

And a thank you from me too! Had a great morning car performed so well- the diff is the best thing ive ever bought for a car! A good tip is to check wheel nut torques after a session as on the second i had to come off as mine had come loose and my tools were in the public car park! And im now im love with group1rs' octy wrc......

Saturday 10th September 2016. ;)

Still undecided about track time. 

If they do the £15 entry thing which allows car + 3 adults in, then that's a cheap day out really for a carload :thumbup:

However, once you add on £15 and spitting £1,300 28 ways, it becomes expensive.

• Like 1