How to remove number plate lights

Hi,

Upgrading the rear number plate bulbs to the superskoda led bulbs.

They are complete replacement units with built in led bulbs, just clip into existing wiring.

Just wanted to check how to remove the old one without damaging the car?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octy3 is very picky about the number plate lights, many people failed with canbus compatible LEDs.

It's better to code the number plate lights to LED with VCDS (and buy non-canbus LEDs).

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend any can bus compatible leds for the number plate?

just use any and code it. I've tried so many different CAMBUS friendly ones with no joy. It only takes a few mins to code it, even for a numpty like me.

Of course if you've haven't got the equipment to do that, then check out the VCDS map for a member nearby, maybe someone will be very nice and do this for you.

Edited by M12MKD

^^^ agreed. The super skoda ones are very bright. I was dubious because of the price but are well worth it!

Can't beat the China ones for 35p each!!!

Can't understand why they arnt factory fitted when they are so cheap!!!

The super skoda ones I brought work fine. Fantastic quality

I agree. No problems or error codes. Probably cost neutral to compared to getting LEDs and getting someone to code them if you don't have vdcs.

IMG_20151206_094238_zpsdjxei2ze.jpg

They're the super Skoda replacement units, they've got the resistors on three inside to trick the car.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So they are LED?

Btw I thought I read somewhere about Andyvee recommending not to get the resistors defeating ones as they could do damage.

So they are LED?

Btw I thought I read somewhere about Andyvee recommending not to get the resistors defeating ones as they could do damage.

Yeah, LED units that replace the existing ones. Didn't see anything about them doing damage, so far so good although I'm going to put a layer of very light tint on them to dull the light slightly as they're a bit on the bright side.

Yeah, LED units that replace the existing ones. Didn't see anything about them doing damage, so far so good although I'm going to put a layer of very light tint on them to dull the light slightly as they're a bit on the bright side.

See post 2 here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/359738-ledperf-leds/?fromsearch=1

Edited by GAFF
  • Like 1