"Daddy " Phantom....

sharkrider

addressing point 3: making it run properly! my tame mech has been talking to the ECU today, (wont be needing a new fuel pump at this point!) I appear to have drop in boost pressure between the turbo and the inlet manifold. All pipes seem clean and fine. ECU says everything is working correctly except the wastegate, but my tame mech thinks that may have been made obsolete because of the other mods. There is a forge 007 DV in place, and I'm going to try servicing that first, as he thinks that could be causing the problem if it isn't working correctly!

if anyone has any other ideas, please chip in :)

If you need a green spring for the 007 let me know :) Bought all 4 as a set just to get the Yellow one.

Oh and after servicing the 007p I'm still suffering with the pressure drop between turbo and manifold :( Cba in this weather though :(

Edited by DanHarper
  • Like 1

they love a split hose on these 1.8t's especially if it hasn't had the N249 and SAI deleted and some of the simplifications done it would be more likely to be a split hose than DV 

• Like 1

If you need a green spring for the 007 let me know :) Bought all 4 as a set just to get the Yellow one.

Oh and after servicing the 007p I'm still suffering with the pressure drop between turbo and manifold :( Cba in this weather though :(

mmm Haydn said his does it too....

they love a split hose on these 1.8t's especially if it hasn't had the N249 and SAI deleted and some of the simplifications done it would be more likely to be a split hose than DV 

both of those already done, previous owner did that and changed some split pipes, I have been advised to check all pipes vaccum pipes etc....

Thanks for the reminder :D

get it posted slacker! lol...... it will be an easy way to show if this is the problem.....

vac pipes, breather pipes evap pipes all pipes possible need to be checked especially at the age of these now they are all perishing and i bet this still has some of the original pipes on it, to be honest if it was mine i would strip it all apart and do the full simplifications (i can see one that is still there to be done ;) ) and change every pipe just to have that peace of mind as if they aren't gone i wouldn't mind betting they will soon

• Like 1

indeed, 15 y/o rubber aint gonna last forever!

appreciate any advice I am new to these cars.. what is still to be done ? :)

Follow bowders guides on SAI/EVAP delete.

Only vac lines left on mine manifold end now are fuel pressure, DV and brake booster :)

• Like 1

indeed, 15 y/o rubber aint gonna last forever!

appreciate any advice I am new to these cars.. what is still to be done ? :)

The one i can see is the pipe coming from the brake servo hose that goes down in between the manifold

Head over to www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk Rob has some brilliant guides to do all the deletes and simplifications thats probably the easiest way to check

I did Pete's (group1rs) old octavia couple weeks back for Rob the new owner, didn't even realise it was down on power till i pulled it all apart and found a few broken pipes completely different car after [emoji4]

• Like 1

The one i can see is the pipe coming from the brake servo hose that goes down in between the manifold

Head over to www.pimpmyskoda.co.uk Rob has some brilliant guides to do all the deletes and simplifications thats probably the easiest way to check

I did Pete's (group1rs) old octavia couple weeks back for Rob the new owner, didn't even realise it was down on power till i pulled it all apart and found a few broken pipes completely different car after [emoji4]

shame you live in kent Adam, I'd be coming round with a crate of beer to bribe for your time ;) lol..

See normally i would have to charge for my time as having my own company in tuning would be a little pointless otherwise but... I do like beer [emoji6]

Edited by Adamweal
  • Like 1

been out for a nice drive today, just for the sake of it, and I must say, the exhaust on this car is a masterpiece! sound meaty on tickover, yet quiet when cruising, and on full throttle loud with a pop at max revs! :) replacement parts (d/v and N75) will be here next week, lets see if they fix my problems :)

Sounds very much like you've made the best of a bad situation with this car then Dave :)

I was looking at the mk1 4x4 1.8T when I chopped in the Fabia as a Dad Mobile, but in the end couldn't justify the massive drop in fuel consumption from the diesel. 

When can I have a drive.... ? ;)

• Like 1

whenever you see me mate :) I did think about the 1.8t 4x4 , but at the price, I simply couldn't pass this car up, (the 4x4's seem to be more expensive oddly!) I will fix the problem, its not terminal, and I thought well, if I have to have a cheap car I may as well have fun ;)

on the way home when I bought it I got 43mpg, which really isn't bad on a long motorway journey, almost as good as the fabia, and better than the Abarth :)

Its the comfort too.... a soft car! ahhhhh.........

when I get the power back, it will be very reminiscent of my old lancia thema turbo. loved that car.